transform is offline Associate Member

Sharp pain on the outside of my foot when jogging/running

Iv been getting a really sharp and uncofortable pain on the outside of my foot, starting around my ankle joint and extending to the middle of my foot (just before it reaches my little toe). What started this off was I was at rugby training one evening and lost my footing when I was trying to turn quickly and went down on the side of my foot rather than the bottom of it and tumbled over. It hurts most when I try to turn my foot to face inwards or if I run or jog on it. It does hurt sometimes to walk on it, but not too much and sometimes it doesnt hurt at all to walk on. Tried doing a google check on it and what I could find that sounded like it was something to do with my peroneal tendon or a stress fracture of my 5th metatarsul. However, theres no swelling and it doesnt hurt at all to touch or massage. This has been going on about 2 weeks I think.

Has anybody experienced anything like this at all or had something suimilar to it and might know what it is? Gonna keep putting ice on it and resting as often as I can. Thanks

Sust Man is offline Associate Member
    So basically you rolled your ankle? These things can take a long time to heal. A podiatrist can help. I saw one and got some generic orthotic insoles from him for around 50 bucks (I couldnt afford the custom ones). This combined with an ankle brace while running helped it to heal. You should probably switch to heat now instead of ice though.

naklein70 is offline New Member
    this happend to me after i started putting in 10 mile a day for my marothino traning. Needless to say i quit the traingng because i am to big for it but it happend because i was not waring the right shoes. I was running in Nike Shoxs. After i went to a Running store they made me run on a tredmill and then took like 6 mesrments of my foot and they gave me 2 shoes to try on. They had to be the uglest things i had ever seen but they where so so cunffy. ANy way after i got then i started running with no problems.

Thread Information