Thread: Spinal Fusion

kdrkid81 is offline Associate Member

Spinal Fusion

Whats up guys, as stated in the past I have some back issues. I have 3 levels of my lower lumbar with degenerative disk disease, I also have severe spinal stenosis. I had 2 herniated disks but had a micro disketomy to try and resolve that (l 4-5 s1 i believe). Turns out the one disc reherniated soon after the sugery. The surgery was done december of 06. Now a neurosurgin is suggesting spinal fusion. I am strongly wei***ng this idea. My question is, will I ever be able to get back into weight lifting again, or will my life consist of very light weight high reps for the rest of my life? Also if anyone has any information about the surgery other then getting back in the gym post op, please post it, questions like how soon can i walk, how long is the hospital stay, when can i drive again, when can i work. I know I should ask my dr these but im looking for other opinions on these as well. Thanks guys.

Bump

bump again, comon guys i know alot of memebers are very educated and know answers to at least some of my questions

Thread Information