D-Unit 39 is offline Member

Terrible Sunburn

Fell asleep by the pool yesterday, now I look like a lobster and it hurts to wear clothes.

What can I do to try to keep from peeling as much as possible? I had a great base tan started and I hate to kill it by this dumb mistake.

I already bought 100% aloe gel to help with the pain, and I've been applying cocoa butter to moisturize...

Any other tips?

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    that's about all you can do, staying out of the sun obviously will help, keeping moisturized, shea butter is good as well, drink a lot of water

B.E.N. is offline Member
    Tea bags. Boil water and soak the bags. Allow them to cool (obviously) then apply to sunburnt area. Does this every 4-5 hours.

VeraDeMilo is offline Member
    if your planning on staying indoors, after you shower, when ur skin is still damp, rub baby oil over it. This will keep the skin in an oily state and keep it from beginning to peel. and dont rub urself dry with the towel. Pat yourself dry if anything. Obviously dont go out in the sun with the baby oil on. (I lifeguarded for 6 years and had to do this many times.) You can add the aloe like a half hour later to help with the pain. Good luck

Thread Information