JayBizzle586 is offline New Member

help with back pain

about 4 weeks ago i was doing shrugs with a barbell behind my back with the same weight i do with the barbell in front of me. anyways i was doing fine until i was getting tired and i was really trying to get the weight up-struggling. but i finished my set and the very las shrug i felt something weird kind pull in my back.just under my left shoulder blade i felt a very strange, very faint numb feeling. it was fine for about 4 days. its been 4 weeks with no weights, lots of chiropractor visits and one theraputic massage. anybody know what the root of the problem is? thanks.

lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    What do they tell you? There are good chiropractors and bad. I am lucky to have found a good one.
    Could be miss aligned disk due to muscle pulling it out and can take a while to be OK. Dont get TO many adjustments... but as needed.

Could be a stretched tendon; that would take a while to heal.

It doesn't sound like a torn muscle or tendon or you would be complaining a LOT more.

Dont forget the Ice... It's a PITA but do it several times a day, 20 minutes at a time. If nothing is torn then a LOT of light stretching should help also.

JayBizzle586 is offline New Member
    thanks lovbyts i will ice it more. I did lift yesterday for the first time in a month and i feel ok today, my back is sore when i wake up, and i stretch all my muscles. i guess only ice and time will help.

Thread Information