SilverBuilt is offline Junior Member

Weight Belts and Squats

Hey All, two weeks ago I really did a number on my back with squats, and I want to get back into them, but i'm a little afraid that i'll throw it out again. I don't have any pain now, but i'm hoping that purchasing a weight belt will take some of the stress off of my lower back. I've heard mixed reviews about this. Thanks in advance for the help.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    bump

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Instead of using a weight belt you could go light on the squats for a while and at the same time work on your core. IDK, just a best guess.

Gotcha, thanks for the replies. I guess i'm a little more interested if the belts were supposed to restrict the range of movement for the back. If yes, I think it's right for me, if not, i'm not really sure what it would be for. lol. Yeah, i've been lifting for a while and this is the first time i've hurt myself.

NoCompromise is offline Junior Member
    I use a belt for squats at 225lbs and up. if yo
    u do use a belt just make sure you stengthen you lower back still with other exercise. I would still go light for a while so you really don't f it up bro. No back no anything!

Hey thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Back is also one of my favorite parts too, so I probably just need to focus on lower back.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    A belt is a great tool to help develop your legs further...

It allows you to put more weight where is needs by supporting a weak point (lower back)

It is not cheating to wear a belt as it actually trains you to squat with better form (unlike knee wraps)

I say use a belt on your heavy sets.... Not all the time

And when you do deadlifts every third session leave the belt at home and just drop tue weight back a little.... No point in supporting a muscle your trying to train.... Wearing the belt in reads allows to overload other muscles that would otherwise not be stressed since less weigh would be being used (traps for example)
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

True, true, getting back into squats wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be looks like i've preserved alot of my strength. Havn't gotten to where I was before I got hurt, but probably next week, and definately with the belt.

Thread Information