jg42058p is offline Member

small labral tear

Hi
    So I have a small shoulder labral tear. Doctor said I could keep lifting as long I don't go too heavy. Its related to bicep tendinosis.

Anyone else have experience with this? Could you continue to lift and how did you modify your workout?

I have heard that very small labral tears can *partially* heal (not fully). Anyone know if this is true or heard this before?

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had a torn labrum that I never had surgically repaired. I followed my ortho doc's pt protocol and it was pain free in just over a year. You must do the rotator cuff work to strengthen and stabilize the joint. That was close to 15 years ago and that shoulder is still doing fine. Benched 585 this past spring.

But to answer your question about modifying my routine I really just worked through the pain. This may not have been the best idea but I just wouldn't give in. Ibuprofen was my best friend.
    Last edited by 600@50; 08-19-2013 at 08:20 PM.

jg42058p is offline Member
    What kind of labral tear was it - a SLAP tear? A brankart lesion?

Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    I had a torn labrum that I never had surgically repaired. I followed my ortho doc's pt protocol and it was pain free in just over a year. You must do the rotator cuff work to strengthen and stabilize the joint. That was close to 15 years ago and that shoulder is still doing fine. Benched 585 this past spring.

But to answer your question about modifying my routine I really just worked through the pain. This may not have been the best idea but I just wouldn't give in. Ibuprofen was my best friend.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I believe it was a SLAP tear. My ortho was the shoulder surgeon for the Atlanta Falcons at the time.

Thread Information