probuild42 is offline Member

Pain in my lower lateral!! Help

Hit the gym this morning, training back. I was half way through my second set of bent over rows. Nothing out of the ordinary and I heard a pop in my back. The pain was immediate. I stopped doing back and tried to move to biceps and it was causing the pain to flare. So that was the end of my workout. I feel the pain in my lower right lateral between my spine and side.

I'm hoping I just pulled or strained something minor. The pain is not severe just annoying, but I'm very pain tolerant. If it gets much worse feeling Im going to get it checked out.

Whats your guys thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Bump. Woke up this morning in a lot more pain. No bruising and feels a little swollen. Feels like a broke a rib! Is that even possible?

wicked442 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by probuild42
    Bump. Woke up this morning in a lot more pain. No bruising and feels a little swollen. Feels like a broke a rib! Is that even possible?
    Anything is possible. Have you tried ice?
    If you push on that rib in the front does it hurt? or is it a lower rib?
    Last edited by wicked442; 03-01-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Ya I have been using ice and taking IBP. No it doesnt hurt when I push on my ribs. I dont think I broke a rib. I broke three ribs on my left side a few years ago in a motorcross accident and that was hell.

I'm thinking I tore a ligament or tendon a bit. I'm justing hoping it is mild tear and not a complete or almost complete sever of the muscle, tendon or ligament.
    Either way it sucks and I'm going to have to take it easy for a while.

The reason i asked about your rib is you could have 1 or more out of place. Which is very painfull. Have you tried foam rolling the area?

Never tried foam rolling or heard of it. I had my GF message the area. It was tender when she would push about 2 inches out from the spine to almost the middle of my side. I was reading your post about ribs bing out of place on other thread. Never had the expercience. Also I have never been to a chiropractor. I have a few clients that are chiropractors, one of which is in sports medicine. I think I will give him a call on monday.

Thats a good idea. Get better bro.

Thread Information