papathesmurf is offline Junior Member

Acne cure... it may sound stupid but it worked

Greetings,

So, I finished up my first cycle and the only negative side effect I had was some acne formation on the back of my arms. I really did not mind because I don't wander around with a bro tank or shirtless so no one would notice. With a planned vacation next month to a sunny area I figured I would try to clean it up as fast as possible. I did my research and found several products that are proven to be quite effective however as a frugal individual I was discouraged from spending money.

So... I turned to the real experts... over privileged white female teenagers. I started watching youtube videos and stumbled over a video where this girl stated she smothers her acne with tooth paste (not gel) and it clears it up pretty quick.

So... I decided I would give it a try. After the first application already the acne appeared lighter and with every application it seemed to fade away.

So... what home remedy acne cures have y'all folks tried with success?

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    Squeeze a lemon(s) and/or a Lime(s) into a tubbaware container. Acquire an undisclosed quantity of sterile cottonballs. Graciously soak the undisclosed quantity cottonball(s) of your liking(s). Apply to your skin ensuring that you missed any spot and come back 5-10 minutes later and apply again. Then I usually pass out and leave the chemical peel on while I sleep. Wake up in the morning and just wash off your face with some cool water and if you have a fetish for lotion then go on with the rest of your daily routine.

Ascorbic acid is in the same organic acid family as salicylic acid (alpha-hydroxy acids I believe..) So it's an effective exfoliator that has a satisfying strength. It's also an astrigent so it helps even out skin tone, natural skin bleacher for those with hyperpigmentation spots from acne scars or dark spots from consensual UV poisoning. Recommend at least SPF 15 on your face when using ascorbic acid due to it's ironic ability to actually cause more hyperpigementation if continually exposing the freshly peeled epidermis. In a nutshell just treat like a potent oxidizing acne compound such as benzoyl or hydrogen peroixde.

Another perk to a homemade facial product is that it was the juice(s) of fruit and there is actual bilologically active vitamins that can have some benefits via transdermal absorption. L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is an antioxidant, an antiinflammatory. and a contributor to proper immune system health. Plenty of antioxidants packed inside lemon(s) and/pr Lime(s).

I just recently started this as I've got some minor spots of hyperpigemetation and It's noticeable after a week or so of doing it. I usually wash my face, use a silicone pad to help break down my skin's epithelial integrity to ensure a thorough penetration to the extant that AHA's can offer. Next step up is BHA's which are pretty aggressive and have a much higher penetration potentiial. Or you can use this type of fruit=derived chemical peel and follow it up with a reparing lotion containing glycolic acid.

Real chemical peels are highly advised to be done solely by a professional. And they do work if you're someone with uneven skin tone or you want a reduction in oil production with a brighter healthier complexion.

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by papathesmurf View Post
    Greetings,

So, I finished up my first cycle and the only negative side effect I had was some acne formation on the back of my arms. I really did not mind because I don't wander around with a bro tank or shirtless so no one would notice. With a planned vacation next month to a sunny area I figured I would try to clean it up as fast as possible. I did my research and found several products that are proven to be quite effective however as a frugal individual I was discouraged from spending money.

So... I turned to the real experts... over privileged white female teenagers. I started watching youtube videos and stumbled over a video where this girl stated she smothers her acne with tooth paste (not gel) and it clears it up pretty quick.

So... I decided I would give it a try. After the first application already the acne appeared lighter and with every application it seemed to fade away.

So... what home remedy acne cures have y'all folks tried with success?

Toothpaste can be a little risky. Your essentially suffocating and dehydrating the blemish to the point where it can no longer sustain its function. whitening detergents in the toothpaste or a high flouride content. You'll end up with minor chemical burns if you have sensitive skin. I've given myself a chemical burn with over the counter 10% benzoyl peroxide wash from foolishly using for an extended period of time.

You just have to follow a few rules to get some kind of results. Always have a topical face wash containing a peroxide preferably benzoyl peroxide as it has antibacterial resistant capabilities. Benzoyl peroxide is a potent oxidizer and the bacteria responsible for acne, Propiionibacterium Acnes is an anaerobic cell. Even though it does have a relative tolerance (aerotolerant) to a small amount of oxidation, eventually the cell loses it's ability to sustain itself for further replication.
    Anything that has a peeliing effect to the skin helps with our daily recycling involving the epithelial layer. AHA's/BHA's help degrade the strength regarding keratin's chemical bond. Quite a lot of people unknowingly give themselves issues with hyperkeratinization just from their constant onsalught at maintaining peak insulin levels.
    Last edited by Splifton; 01-19-2016 at 06:31 AM.

Thread Information