Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    40plusnewbie is offline Senior Member

Middle Aged Fattie + Anavar= ?

I'm finally semi-retiring as Big's source checker and am going to run a cycle:

Age- 41

Height- 6'2"

Weight- 250lbs.

BF%- 28% (might be a bit overestimated or underestimated, not sure)

Training experience-
    1. I helped my brother in law move three years ago (two houses) and it sucked, I hated it and my calfs were sore as hell for a few days
    2. 2 1/2 months training 1 body part/day 3 days/wk three
    months ago and abs 2 days/week on most weeks
    cardio- 10min/day on a stationary bike for the past 3
    days first thing in the morning on an empty stomach

cycle experience- I used to own this sweet 3 speed with a
    banana seat and a gear shifter on the bar in front of the
    seat like a automatic car's gear shifter. It ruled!, trust me.
    Best cycle ever IMO!

Diet- definitely sub par, not even close to dialed in. I eat fairly decent 5 days a week (I know there is a lot that can and should be changed and I should know my P/C/F %'s breakdown in addtion to cals) and like crap 2 days/wk.

Sample 'good' (for me) day

5:30am
    1 cup black coffee
    ~ 1 1/2 cups oats with either a handful of blueberries or
    strawberries, no milk

8:30am
    3-4 egg whites or 1/3 tub of fat free cottage cheese 2-3 tubes of fat free yogurt

11:30am
    2/3 tub of fat free cottage cheese 3 tubes fat free yogurt
    2 tbsp nat PB

2:30pm
    1 sm. chicken breast or 1/2 large one, red potatos, onions, broccoli, extra virgin olive oil all in a stew

4:00pm
    1-2 tubes of fat free yogurt or a banana or a small box of oat bran 170 cal's is the oat bran.

5:30pm
    same stew as 2:30 or chicken with protein enriched pasta,
    oregano, 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

8:30pm
    casein protein shake with water ~ 50grams protein

sample bad day

5:30am
    1 cup black coffee
    ~ 1 1/2 cups oats with either a handful of blueberries or
    strawberries, no milk

8:30am
    3-4 egg whites or 1/3 tub of fat free cottage cheese 2-3 tubes of fat free yogurt

10:00am
    potato chips
    carmelized nuts
    3 bad fake ass protein bars

1:00pm
    5 slim jims
    1 chocolate candy bar (~1000 cal's)

4:00pm
    5 more slim jims
    4 hot dogs

7:30pm
    2 chicken sandwhiches on white bread with a lot of low fat or fat free mayo and 1/2 dozen pickle spears

9:00pm
    1/2 chicken breast or a few tubes of fat free yogurt or a
    pizza or a plate of fairly bad fast food

Drink about a gallon of water per day on good and bad days

Training Plan:

Workout equipment:
    Stationary bike with variable resistance 1-10, tracks distance, time, ect, etc,
    3 sets of dumb bells 35lbs, 45lbs, 55lbs,
    One of those big inflatable rubber balls you can use to
    work abs bending backwards more than just on a floor.
    That's it.

Cardio: 5-7 days/wk HIIT on stationary bike build endurance up to 30-40 minutes in the am on empty stomach

Weights: 3-4 days/wk 2-3 body parts day, 6 sets of 8-12
    reps/set per body part, abs 2x/week one day upper and
    lower, other day obliques.

stomach vacuum 3 days/wk for at least 20 minutes

Diet: balance out meals more on good days, add fish oil
    back into diet, bad days do the best I can to resist the
    garbage food I am around. I bring clean food with me but
    haven't been able to resist the garbage as of yet.

Cycle:

Anavar 45mg/day split into 3 15mg doses for 8-10 weeks
    Milk Thistle- not sure how much I should take
    IGF-LR3 I want to run it to assist with glucose disposal
    but AM administration is not an option. Current plan 60mg
    bi-laterally PWO for first 50 days of cycle
    Creatine pre workout
    Vitamin C 2-3g/day
    Pycnogonol 100mg/day
    Spirulina 3g/day
    Longjack 50x extraxt 3g/day something like 5 days on 2 days off or for first ~ 6 weeks daily
    High glycemic carbs PWO (ie. 2 large banana's, 1 banana
    and a big handful of red seedless grapes)
    and ~ 60g protein shake

Will the LR3 administered PWO conflict with my intentions
    of spiking my insulin PWP? Suggested dosage change?

Other option besides morning or PWO? Would not using it be better than using it as I plan to?

PCT
    Nolva 20mg/day for ____ weeks ?

These are the 'before' pics, what I look like now:

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=DSC00964.jpg

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/i...t=DSC00966.jpg

This is the before-before pic, what I looked like a year ago (295lbs.):

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/i...nt=093-1-1.jpg

What am I going to look like 3-4 months from now?

what about 6-12 months from now (the real challenge IMO)?

Who is the bookie around here? Anyone wanna lay some
    odds....

All comments welcome, but if they are of the nature "you
    can and should slim with diet and cardio first, then gain
    muscle natty for a cpl years" you might as well really
    bust my balls or make it amusing b/c I'm going to run the
    anavar and understand that advice already. I am choosing
    to ignore it.

If there is something you see that you think is actually
    dangerous or harmful about my plan please comment to let me know, I want to stay safe.

Comments about supplements, diet, workout, etc are more
    than welcome whether you want to smite me or suggest a
    change somewhere, whatever.

So blast away guys.
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 09-08-2008 at 11:30 AM.

I broke out the creatine and glutamine I haven't taken in a couple/few months and added a tbsp of each to a glass of water tonight. Then did 20 minutes of stomach vacuum exercises. With all of the deep breathing/breath holding involved it kind of has a breating meditiation component to it, relaxing. I'm going to front load wiht creatine and glutamine 1 tbsp 4x/day for the next 4-5 days until I get clear and solid feedback on PCT (and get it in hand which would take a few days longer if tamox liquid is not sufficient for an anavar only cycle).

AcePowerZ is offline Member
    Yeah I got alot of work myself but it is going to happen. I wish you luck and that is the funniest dam thing I have read on here. "I had a 3 speed" Good luck to you.

whynot960 is offline Associate Member
    good luck i am subscribed

Thinking of running some of that liquid T3 from AR, not sure how effective it will be. Also thinking of switching up and running the lr3 towards the end of my cycle and into pct.

I have PGCL but I think using that at this point would be dropping 'fake' water weight and not real weight loss so I'm gonna keep sitting on it. Plus I can't figure how people with lives and jobs actually use this stuff and manage to get through the day. I'm thinking if and when I run that I'll have to take a 2-3 week vacation so I can squirt out my ass all day in the comfort of my own home without pressure to be anywhere. Can't use clen as I have anxiety and don't want to exaserbate that.

I hope to start the var within a week, no weights until then. Need to wait until tomax liquid is in hand before I ingest any steroids .

I will probably ask at another site that is more on point with peptides, but any opinions on me running the lr3 during cycle vs. during pct?

I'll be cappin up this week.

Quote Originally Posted by AcePowerZ View Post
    Yeah I got alot of work myself but it is going to happen. I wish you luck and that is the funniest dam thing I have read on here. "I had a 3 speed" Good luck to you.
    Best cycle ever. You cruse on this cycle and you feel like your walkin on air, like your a GOD, you RULE over all that you survey. Mad pumps. Hands down the best cycle ever. Oh, how I yearn for the good ol' days.......

http://murrayeliminator.rizzworld.net/Ads/murray6a.jpg

wheelies, sideways skids in the sand (or or pavement). None of this ***** footin around with knee pads and elbow pads and helmets. Back in the day, even us 10 year olds ran our cycles like MEN!

Bow in awe of the king of cycles bro's. You are in the presence of greatness.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Again

With your BF a cycle at this point is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Again

I get anavar for pennies on the dollar. I"m not worried about it.

Wanna lay odds at what I will look like in 12-14 weeks? Give me some odds and I might throw down. You have the op to make some easy cake bro, plus you will be proving a point to everyone else. Win win for you.

You are aware that older dudes have dropped fat and gained lbm without any diet change or exercise at all on anavar, AND kept the majority of it, right?
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 09-08-2008 at 09:15 PM.

smokeyd is offline Grade A Whore/Banned
    Again

dont bet against this man lol

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    Having a high bf% aggregates the sides you will get from taking steroids . That is the point DSM is making I believe.

TranscriptionFactor is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 40plusnewbie View Post

Wanna lay odds at what I will look like in 12-14 weeks? Give me some odds and I might throw down. You have the op to make some easy cake bro, plus you will be proving a point to everyone else. Win win for you.

You are aware that older dudes have dropped fat and gained lbm without any diet change or exercise at all on anavar, AND kept the majority of it, right?
    I salute you and envy your anavar connection, however... is that last statement really true about older dudes morphing on anavar? I'm kind of an older dude. I probably started out at around 16-17% I think I'm now down to 11% over the past 2 months, and I have actually gained about 8 or more lbs of muscle b/c my weight is actually up, though I can see I'm leaner. I did use Clen , also ECA, but mostly I changed my diet and have been doing cardio 6x/week, plus lifting.

I'm doing this in preparation for a cycle to gain, but first I gotta go lean to see whats what (proportion, and that way I suppose I can calibrate my diet going forward, able to see if I'm eating too many cals or not enough)

Anyway, too bad about the anxiety guess that rules out Clen and ECA/ECY, and I hope for the best...but I really think if you get strict with your diet - and remember to keep the lean protein high - you might have better results.

The T3 could make you anxious.

Regardless I am curious to follow your experiment and experience with anavar, and if you get around to that PGCL, tell us what that did for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TranscriptionFactor View Post
    I salute you and envy your anavar connection, however... is that last statement really true about older dudes morphing on anavar? .

Now here’s some interesting stuff for anyone interested primarily in the fat burning properties of this stuff: Anavar may be what we’d call a “fat-burning steroid ”. Abdominal and visceral fat were both reduced in one study when subjects in the low/normal natural testosterone range used anavar (4). In another study, appendicular, total, and trunk fat were all reduced with a relatively small dose of 20mgs/day (8), and no excercise. In addition, weight gained with ‘var may be nearly permanent too. It might not be much, but you’ll stand a good chance of keeping most of it. In one study, subjects maintained their weight (re)gains from anavar for at least 6 months after cessation (2)! Concomitantly, in another study, Twelve weeks after discontinuing oxandrolone, 83% of the reductions in total, trunk, and extremity fat were also sustained (8)! If you’re regaining weight, Anavar will give you nearly permanent gains, and if you are trying to lose fat (and you keep your diet in check), the fat lost with Anavar is basically looks to be nearly permanent.

Keep in mind this is all without any Post-Cycle-Therapy, and without any change in diet or training! And although many of the studies done on oxandrolone use elderly men or young boys as the test subjects, some evidence suggests that many of the effects of oxandrolone are not age dependant (11). If you are following the typical “time on = time off” protocol, this means you can lose a bunch of fat during your time on, then keep most (if not all) of it off until your next cycle. That makes it a great drug for athletes who are drug tested and need to be clean for their season, yet need to keep the fat/weight they lost on their cycle off…I’m thinking about wrestlers and other weight-class athletes. Anavar is also the clear choice for a “spring-cutting” cycle, to look great at the beach…you can use it up until the summer starts, and then keep the fat off during the entire beach season!
    Anavar is great for strength and cutting purposes, but not for bulking or a lot of weight gain. In other words, what I'm saying is that everything you gain will be solid. Personally I am leaning towards a theory which basically purports that the more solid your gains are, the more you’ll keep (percentage-wise). It makes sense, when you think about it; people make a lot of weight gains on the highly water-retentive steroids (Dbol , A50, long estered testosteones, etc…), but lose the greatest percentage of their gains afterwards. The same seems to be opposite for the steroids which cause less (or no) water retention (Anavar, Primo, Winstrol , etc…).

So why else may you keep such a high proportion of what you gained on ‘var? Well, I think it may be due to it’s relatively light impact on the HPTA, which brings me to my final point; Anavar will not totally shut down your HPTA, especially at lower doses (unlike testosterone, which will eventually do this even at a 100mg dose, or deca which will do it with a single 100mg dose). This could be due, at least partly, to the fact that Anavar doesn’t aromatize (convert to estrogen).
    Serum testosterone, SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin), and LH (Leutinizing Hormone( will be slightly suppressed with low doses of Anavar, but less than with other compounds. FSH (Follicle Stimulating Hormone) , IGF1 (Insulin Like Growth Factor 1) and GH (Growth Hormone ) will not be suppressed with a low dose of Anavar, but will actually be raised significantly (12)(13)(14) as you may have guessed, and LH will even experience a “rebound” effect when you stop using anavar (3) If your endocrine system and HPTA are funtioning normally, you should be able to use anavar with minimal insult to it, and can even keep most of your values within the normal range (5).

Thus, Anavar may even be ideal for use in bridges between cycles, (at very low doses under 10mgs perhaps), or as previously mentioned, for cutting/strength cycles at 50-100mgs.

It’s relatively high cost is it’s only major drawback, and tablets can typically sell in Mexico or on the black market for up to a dollar (1USD) per 10mgs. Many black market dealers or Underground Labs, however offer capsules, liquid form (or in some cases, even their own brand of tabs) for substantially less money than the legit pharmaceutical versions, or even veterinary versions found overseas.

References:
    1. Proj Inf Perspect. 1997 Nov;(23):19.
    2. Burns. 2003 Dec;29(8):793-7
    3. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1993 Apr;38(4):393-8.
    4. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 1995 Sep;19(9):614-24
    5. jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/full/84/8/2705
    6. Segal S, Cooper J, Bolognia J., Treatment of lipodermatosclerosis with oxandrolone in a patient with stanozolol -induced hepatotoxicity., J Am Acad Dermatol 2000 Sep;43(3):558-9
    7. Demling RH., Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, enhances the healing of a cutaneous wound in the rat., Wound Repair Regen 2000 Mar-Apr;8(2):97-102
    8. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004 Oct;89(10):4863-72.
    9. Demling RH, Orgill DP., The anticatabolic and wound healing effects of the testosterone analog oxandrolone after severe burn injury., J Crit Care 2000 Mar;15(1):12-7
    10. Hart DW, Wolf SE, Ramzy PI, Chinkes DL, Beauford RB, Ferrando AA, Wolfe RR, Herndon DN., Anabolic effects of oxandrolone after severe burn., Ann Surg 2001 Apr;233(4):556-64
    11. Demling RH, DeSanti L., The rate of restoration of body weight after burn injury, using the anabolic agent oxandrolone, is not age dependent., Burns 2001 Feb;27(1):46-51
    12. Demling RH, DeSanti L., Oxandrolone, an anabolic steroid, significantly increases the rate of weight gain in the recovery phase after major burns., J Trauma 1997 Jul;43(1):47-51
    13. Papadimitriou A, Preece MA, Rolland-Cachera MF, Stanhope R., The anabolic steroid oxandrolone increases muscle mass in prepubertal boys with constitutional delay of growth., J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 2001 Jun;14(6):725-7
    14. Doeker B, Muller-Michaels J, Andler W, Induction of early puberty in a boy after treatment with oxandrolone? Horm Res 1998;50(1):46-8
    15. J Appl Physiol 96: 1055-1062, 2004. First published October 24, 2003; doi:10.1152/japplphysiol.00808.2003
    8750-7587/04
    17. Drugs. 2004;64(7):725-50.
    18. Mt Sinai J Med. 1999 May;66(3):201-5.

source:
    Anabolic Review Steroid Profile: Anavar (Oxandrolone)

And in any event, if diet and exercise alone can not match the achievements of people doing diet, exercise, and hoodia/orlistat/whatever.... what makes anyone think that they can match the potential of diet, exercise, and anavar?
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 09-09-2008 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGH View Post
    Having a high bf% aggregates the sides you will get from taking steroids. That is the point DSM is making I believe.
    My lipid profile? Something else? My lipid profile and other things? Please be specific. I want to minimize all risk. I think my support supplement plan is pretty agressive and I also am running what most all here would consider a 'low dose'.

Blog Entries

So because you get anavar for cheap you want to use that instead of hardwork to get to your goal. I see.

So because you get anavar for cheap you want to use that instead of hardwork to get to your goal. I see.

Yes, I plan to supplement my hard work with chemicals to enhance my ability to achieve my goals. Isn't that what EVERYONE here does LMAO

You bust the balls of fat old people who use chemicals to enhance their ability to achieve their goals and when it is a young not fat person who does it (like 95% of the people here do on a routine basis) you.....?

Are you an ageist or a fatist or something lol
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 09-09-2008 at 12:50 PM.

Positive changes implemented today:

I added protein to my first meal of the day and cut back a little on the oats.

I added fish oil back into my diet.

I am also considering adding slo-acin as a supplement to aid in the management of my lipid profile, but I'm still not sure what the 'concerns about sides because of my bf' are?

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Cardio= 10 minutes a day 3 times per week? I would up this considerable. 10 minutes does not even constitute a cardio session.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Cardio= 10 minutes a day 3 times per week? I would up this considerable. 10 minutes does not even constitute a cardio session.
    Thanks for taking the time to comment bro!

The only reason it's like that is because the past 4-5 days are the first 4-5 days in like a couple of decades I have done any cardio (with the exception of a few week stint, albeit very shor sessions, several months back). I did 14 mintues today. I'm building up my endurance (which I have none of). My plan is to work up it to 30-40 minutes of HIIT on a stationary bycle 5-7 days/week and keep it around there once I am build up my endurance. Do you think that is reasonable or would you recommend something else? Your input is much appreciated!

I'm shooting to up my sessions by 1 minute each morning until I get there. At this point my legs are simply burning out quickly because I haven't used them for anything other than transporting myself back and forth to the refrigerator and back and forth to my car for the past decade or so lol

Blog Entries

Yes, I plan to supplement my hard work with chemicals to enhance my ability to achieve my goals. Isn't that what EVERYONE here does LMAO

You bust the balls of fat old people who use chemicals to enhance their ability to achieve their goals and when it is a young not fat person who does it (like 95% of the people here do on a routine basis) you.....?

Are you an ageist or a fatist or something lol
    No, thats what the noobs do.

What most responsible people do is get their BF down as much as possible naturally. Then when they hit or at least have come close to a plague which you are not, then begin a cycle. Its the smart way to do things.

If you want me to sugar coat an answer to what you want to hear its no gonna happen. I provide everyone with advice on here like i have been treated in the past, honest and direct.

Your going to do what you want but i am telling you its not smart. Its just my opinion if you don't like it just ignore it.

Your going to do what you want but i am telling you its not smart.
    OK. Now we are actually getting somewhere. Please tell me WHY it is not smart. I like information. I don't care much for following the croud. Give me stats. Give me data. Give me facts. I could care less if the status quo around here is 'get your bf down to 12% before doing a cycle'.

I'm 41. There are health concerns I am faced with being overweight for the past decade or so ( a fair portion of that morbidly obese) that 22 yr old fat ppl simply don't have.

My life is also 1/2 over. I"m not interested in wasting any more time being the little train that could...slowly chugging up the moutnain because it's 'expected' of me or because others here do that.

I am my own man. I've done some research and think I have a fairly decent plan to obtain very good resutls over the next 12-14 weeks body comp wise. Anavar is low risk substance.

Step out of the box for a second bro and stop rattling off some rote advice you give to everyone who is either overweight and/or inexperiend lifter.

p.s. The potential to bet on my lack of results is still on the table. I think your words were "with your bf at the point it is a cycle is worthless".

Please define worthless for me if you would be so kind as well.

When all is said and done my 'after pics' will speak for themselves. If I give up and crawl under a rock to lick my wounds what have I lost? I'f I drop 20lbs and recom my body, or at least to betin to, which is no small feat for a 40yo who was a couch potato for 20 years, how much have I gained?

So please hit me with the data not 'most people recommend'... a few hundred year agon most poeople recommended burning witches or going to a barber to get a pint of blood let out of you to get the evil spirits out when you were sick.

If I was supplementing with clen would you have a problem with it? What about with xsenical or olistat?

I'm 41, and just getting into this scene, I certainly am not stupid and dont wan't to take unnecessary risks with reasonably concerning consequences... but you guys have 20 years to build up your bodies. I"m friggin 41 and i've done damage to mine for the past 20 years. I don't have 20 years to ***** foot around and follow some rote beginner strategy.

So let me know why my cycle will be 'worthless' aand any other info that can help me make informed decisions. "Most people say"... dosn't mean jack to me. Most people say government is good. I say it is a scheme, a territorial monopoly with a propaganda machine set in motion to get compliane of all the sheep to willingly turn over over 1/2 of all their income every year and then just watch the news and blame the incumbent and vote for the new guy.
    Problem is, they are all on the same team. You continue to get ass raped for more than half of your income no matter whose name you put in the little suggestion box of voting day.

And I'm not one looking for 'sugar coating' that's for damn sure. Give it to me straight. But use data, facts, etc, not ....most poeple say.... If you dont have the skillset to analyze my particular situation that's OK, you don't have to pretend that you do. And if you do, please share the DETAILS.
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 09-10-2008 at 04:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    OK. Now we are actually getting somewhere. Please tell me WHY it is not smart. I like information. I don't care much for following the croud. Give me stats. Give me data. Give me facts. I could care less if the status quo around here is 'get your bf down to 12% before doing a cycle'.

I'm 41. There are health concerns I am faced with being overweight for the past decade or so ( a fair portion of that morbidly obese) that 22 yr old fat ppl simply don't have.

My life is also 1/2 over. I"m not interested in wasting any more time being the little train that could...slowly chugging up the moutnain because it's 'expected' of me or because others here do that.

I am my own man. I've done some research and think I have a fairly decent plan to obtain very good resutls over the next 12-14 weeks body comp wise. Anavar is low risk substance.

Step out of the box for a second bro and stop rattling off some rote advice you give to everyone who is either overweight and/or inexperiend lifter.

p.s. The potential to bet on my lack of results is still on the table. I think your words were "with your bf at the point it is a cycle is worthless".

Please define worthless for me if you would be so kind as well.

When all is said and done my 'after pics' will speak for themselves. If I give up and crawl under a rock to lick my wounds what have I lost? I'f I drop 20lbs and recom my body, or at least to betin to, which is no small feat for a 40yo who was a couch potato for 20 years, how much have I gained?

So please hit me with the data not 'most people recommend'... a few hundred year agon most poeople recommended burning witches or going to a barber to get a pint of blood let out of you to get the evil spirits out when you were sick.

If I was supplementing with clen would you have a problem with it? What about with xsenical or olistat?

I'm 41, and just getting into this scene, I certainly am not stupid and dont wan't to take unnecessary risks with reasonably concerning consequences... but you guys have 20 years to build up your bodies. I"m friggin 41 and i've done damage to mine for the past 20 years. I don't have 20 years to ***** foot around and follow some rote beginner strategy.

So let me know why my cycle will be 'worthless' aand any other info that can help me make informed decisions. "Most people say"... dosn't mean jack to me. Most people say government is good. I say it is a scheme, a territorial monopoly with a propaganda machine set in motion to get compliane of all the sheep to willingly turn over over 1/2 of all their income every year and then just watch the news and blame the incumbent and vote for the new guy.
    Problem is, they are all on the same team. You continue to get ass raped for more than half of your income no matter whose name you put in the little suggestion box of voting day.

And I'm not one looking for 'sugar coating' that's for damn sure. Give it to me straight. But use data, facts, etc, not ....most poeple say.... If you dont have the skillset to analyze my particular situation that's OK, you don't have to pretend that you do. And if you do, please share the DETAILS.
    That says it all.

Your 40 years old not 80. You have plenty of time.

That says it all.

Your 40 years old not 80. You have plenty of time.
    And it's MY time. MY time to use as I choose.

Again, I ask you to explain to me why my plan to run anavar is 'worthless'.

If it's because you were simply conditioned (are predjuiced) against anyone running a cycle until they are x bf% and have X yrs lifting experience, under any circumstances please explain WHY. Do you have well thought out reasons? Are they valid? Are they valid in my case? I'm here to learn and improve myself bro. If you have something to teach me that I will benefit from, please teach me.
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 09-10-2008 at 05:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    And it's MY time. MY time to use as I choose.

Again, I ask you to explain to me why my plan to run anavar is 'worthless'.

If it's because you were simply conditioned (are predjuiced) against anyone running a cycle until they are x bf% and have X yrs lifting experience, under any circumstances please explain WHY. Do you have well thought out reasons? Are they valid? Are they valid in my case? I'm here to learn and improve myself bro. If you have something to teach me that I will benefit from, please teach me.
    Your using gear as a means of a shortcut and in my opinion the risks (sides) aren't worth it. Nothing will substitute hard work. You said you lost a decent amount of BF right ? Then why change things if thats working for you ! Why do you have this need to do a cycle ?

Your using gear as a means of a shortcut and in my opinion the risks (sides) aren't worth it. Nothing will substitute hard work. You said you lost a decent amount of BF right ? Then why change things if thats working for you ! Why do you have this need to do a cycle ?
    Yes, I am using gear as a means of a shorcut. That's not a 'bad' thing to me. I use shortcuts all the time in life and get lots of benefits from doing so.

What sides? Is there something besides my lipid profile I should be concerned about? (If my hair thins out it will actually be a BENEFIT as it is so thick, and as you can tell from my pics I'm covered in it too lol)

I am supplementing hard work, not substituting it. But even if I was mearly substututing hard work with no work to produce results, so what? Isn't getting superior results with less work a good thing? Of course there is a risk vs. reward scale to look at if one is prudent.

I have had the anavar for like 4 months now and have not even started it yet (well I did lick the bowls, etc last night, this morning, and this afternoon because I mixed up and capped it last night lol)- so it's not like I"m chomping on the bit to use steroids . I also have had sino and fina for a few months and have deca and dbols too. I have no plans to use any of them, at least not for a while. I use vitamins too. I use lots of things in my life for a variety of different reasons and think that my choice to use anavar at this time is a wise one that will benefit me a great deal. I think it will accelerate my progress.

I can see why one would counsel a 22 year old to not jump on steroids before getting bf down and getting a cpl years of solid hard lifting behind them, if not more but I see my situation as different. I"m not interested in taking 7-10 years to get the body I want when I can do it in 3 1/2-5. I prefer to get there quicker and enjoy it. I plan to do it responsibly, but that is my plan.

Does everyone here at this site think I am making a terrible decision to use anavar?
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 09-10-2008 at 05:57 PM.

New positive changes I have implemented today:

Thanks to FireGuy1's post I became motivated to increase my cardio 2 minutes per day until I get to 30-40 minutes/daily. Did 16minutes today.

Also purchased Ezekiel bread to add to my diet.

Another supplement I will be taking is Idebenone.

I've been feeling much better the past few days, be it placebo, from starting cardio, solidifying plans in my mind to implement a series of actions steps I believe will benefit my life and my health, or the creatine and glutamine, or some combo thereof, not sure. But I'm feeling good and have a very positive outlook on my future, moreso than I have had in a while.
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 09-10-2008 at 06:18 PM.

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    I dont care what anyone says, you running anabolics is insane. All you need is a good diet and a beginner lifting program. Im sorry, bro, but youre too fat and do you have any clue what anavar does to your already poor lipid profile? Heart attacks are not uncommon in your arena. If you dont believe me ask Maldorf....

Blog Entries
    New positive changes I have implemented today:

Thanks to FireGuy1's post I became motivated to increase my cardio 2 minutes per day until I get to 30-40 minutes/daily. Did 16minutes today.

Also purchased Ezekiel bread to add to my diet.

Another supplement I will be taking is Idebenone.

I've been feeling much better the past few days, be it placebo, from starting cardio, solidifying plans in my mind to implement a series of actions steps I believe will benefit my life and my health, or the creatine and glutamine, or some combo thereof, not sure. But I'm feeling good and have a very positive outlook on my future, moreso than I have had in a while.
    So you feel your smart enough to start a cycle but you weren't smart enough to realize that 10mins of cardio a day 3x a week wasn't enough, oh brother.

Im done wasting my breath.

So you feel your smart enough to start a cycle but you weren't smart enough to realize that 10mins of cardio a day 3x a week wasn't enough, oh brother.

Im done wasting my breath.

R U friggin retarded? I said that is what I HAD done. Go friggin read the OP you idiot. It says right in there my plan is to work up from that to 30-40min HIIT 5-7 days/wk and that is what I am doing. It's under where I wrote my training plan u dumbass.

I'm officially dedicating this cycle to you bro. Since it will be 'useless' I'm sure my after pic's in November will look the same as my before pics, or they should since the cycle will be 'useless'.

In reality you are providing me with more motivation than anyone else here. When I work my abs I'll be thinking 'this is for DSM' when I really push for those last 2 reps and give the muscle a real tight squeeze.

And I'm still open to bets from you bro. Lay me some odds on what I will look like in November. My cycle is useless so once again I'm offering you the opportunity to make some eazy cash.

I've asked you repeatedly to tell me why my cycle would be useless and you have continued to be non-responsive in your replies.

Now stop trolling my thread.
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 09-10-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    R U friggin retarded? I said that is what I HAD done. Go friggin read the OP you idiot. It says right in there my plan is to work up from that to 30-40min HIIT 5-7 days/wk and that is what I am doing.

I'm officially dedicating this cycle to you bro. Since it will be 'useless' I'm sure my after pic's in November will look the same as my before pics, or they should since the cycle will be 'useless'.

In reality you are providing me with more motivation than anyone else here. When I work my abs I'll be thinking 'this is for DSM' when I really push for those last 2 reps and give the muscle a real tight squeeze.

Now stop trolling my thread.

I missed your age again, did you say 40 or 4 ?

Night pops

I'll be thinking 'this is for DSM' when I really push for those last 2 reps and give the muscle a real tight squeeze.
    Lol. Couldn't resist. Would those be the glutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small View Post
    I dont care what anyone says, you running anabolics is insane. All you need is a good diet and a beginner lifting program. Im sorry, bro, but youre too fat and do you have any clue what anavar does to your already poor lipid profile? Heart attacks are not uncommon in your arena. If you dont believe me ask Maldorf....
    I'm aware of the anavar lipid connection. I have been planning this cycle for 2 months, it will begin after I get the results from my bloodwork after seeing my dr next week.

My total cholesterol was 182 at last checking, forget the HDL, LDL, and ratio.

After the cycle I'm fairly certain my HDL will rise and my ratio will improve as well. I am taking a variety of supplements to support healthy cholesterol levels and ate a certain bean soup and took a few supplements for years to support healty cholesterol, things I learned like 10 years ago when my father had a stent put in his thigh.

My BP is something like 108 over 74

My goal for total cholesterol is like 150 or under.
    Last edited by 40plusnewbie; 09-10-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Lol. Couldn't resist. Would those be the glutes?
    Naw, I can't squeeze them THAT tight. He's gonna have to go on the hunt for a 12yo to get any friction on his equipment.

TranscriptoinFactor, keep in touch via PM's. I'm pretty tight lipped on source checks but since your being cool to me here while DSM is knocking my plan and saying it's useless without explaining any reasoning despite repeated requests from me, I appreciate your support. Nothing will be forthcoming in the near term, but anavar can be had for very decent prices if you know where to go. My entire cycle is going to cost me aproximately what I just paid for a 10ml vial of deca from a domestic source, and I paid less for that deca than a lot of people do.

Bad Viking is offline Junior Member
    Following this one

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    I'm aware of the anavar lipid connection. I have been planning this cycle for 2 months, it will begin after I get the results from my bloodwork after seeing my dr next week.

My total cholesterol was 182 at last checking, forget the HDL, LDL, and ratio.

After the cycle I'm fairly certain my HDL will rise and my ratio will improve as well. I am taking a variety of supplements to support healthy cholesterol levels and ate a certain bean soup and took a few supplements for years to support healty cholesterol, things I learned like 10 years ago when my father had a stent put in his thigh.

My BP is something like 108 over 74

My goal for total cholesterol is like 150 or under.
    Okay, check your partical size too. I came down hard on you becuase I see too many kids on this board doing very bad things with drugs. I just hope its a phase for most and they quit anabolics for another lifestyle or return back to the one they had b4 anabolics. I talk to several IBFF pros on a daily basis and I hear about heart attacks, anurisms (sp), death a lot. Anabolics fvck with your cholesterol no matter what supps you take. Anavar is one of the worst. I would do a test only cycle. Start off at 250mgs e/w. Trust me, you body knows test, not var.

I also want you to look Humanofort. That will help your cholesterol while you are on.

TranscriptoinFactor, keep in touch via PM's. I'm pretty tight lipped on source checks but since your being cool to me here while DSM is knocking my plan and saying it's useless without explaining any reasoning despite repeated requests from me, I appreciate your support. Nothing will be forthcoming in the near term, but anavar can be had for very decent prices if you know where to go. My entire cycle is going to cost me aproximately what I just paid for a 10ml vial of deca from a domestic source, and I paid less for that deca than a lot of people do.
    FOR THE RECORD,

I am not in touch via PM's with this member. I wish him all the best in his plan. I am not at odds with the advice of DSM, and in fact agree with his recommendations, if not his tone and delivery.

I am not (nor have I ever been since joining this board) in any way "Fishing" for a source when I made the lighthearted comment "I envy your connection". Perhaps the quote above and that comment taken together have led a certain member of this board to a mistaken conclusion.
    Last edited by TranscriptionFactor; 09-10-2008 at 11:45 PM.

stallion_1 is offline suspended
    = rip

Quote Originally Posted by Johny-too-small View Post
    Okay, check your partical size too. I came down hard on you becuase I see too many kids on this board doing very bad things with drugs. I just hope its a phase for most and they quit anabolics for another lifestyle or return back to the one they had b4 anabolics. I talk to several IBFF pros on a daily basis and I hear about heart attacks, anurisms (sp), death a lot. Anabolics fvck with your cholesterol no matter what supps you take. Anavar is one of the worst. I would do a test only cycle. Start off at 250mgs e/w. Trust me, you body knows test, not var.

I also want you to look Humanofort. That will help your cholesterol while you are on.

No problem bro. Good lookin' out. And thanks for the advice about partical size, I hadn't been following or thinking about that as a factor.

I'll also look into ordering some Humanofort after work today.

Woke up this morning and after 2 minutes on the stationary bike I really felt my thighs burning and was thinking "If I do what I usually do and every couple of minutes increase the resistance and peddle my ass off I"m not going to be able to get in my target goal of 18 minutes today" So then I decided to just go at a flat speed for 18 minutes. At 16 minutes I thought of DSM and though "let me give it another 2 mintues just for him and go for 20" about 30 seconds later I though "Eff it, I'm doing 25 mintues today for my bro DSM". So thanks for the motivation, sincerely.

FOR THE RECORD,

I am not in touch via PM's with this member. I wish him all the best in his plan. I am not at odds with the advice of DSM, and in fact agree with his recommendations, if not his tone and delivery.

I am not (nor have I ever been since joining this board) in any way "Fishing" for a source when I made the lighthearted comment "I envy your connection". Perhaps the quote above and that comment taken together have led a certain member of this board to a mistaken conclusion.
    Sorry bro,
    I didn't mean to put any kind of heat on you and realize now how my post could look. I was irritated with DSM's dumb post and you have been one of the only other people posting in this thread and was mearly trying to say "thanks for not being a dick"

That's fine. I unfortunately had to make that statement since DSM accused me of "fishing". There are many things I tolerate, and I make an effort to be helpful and truthful on this board but I do not tolerate unsubstantiated accusations.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information