jenwilgo is offline Female Member

First 6 Weeks - Clen/T3 Cycle Log

I know my bf% s still pretty high, I'm sure many of you will tell me that I should wait to run a Clen /T3 cycle, but considering I have been on a Keto diet for 2 years, I want to get much of the fat off. My exercise is in check with cardio daily, weights every other day. Just upped my carbs to a medium/low carb diet around a week ago. I am only loggng ths in hopes that it will be benefical to someone else in the future. It will also be a great way for me to track my own progress over the next 6 weeks.

Diet:
    Calories Today: 1133
    Macros: P/F/C: 25/47/28

My thoughts:
    I need to up protein and lower fat tomorrow. Upping my carbs is a bigger adjustment than I thought it'd be! I read that someone had run the same cycle on a keto plan but it appears that most recommend a medium carb, low fat diet with Clen/T3.

Exercise:
    20 minutes fasted cardio in the am
    55 minutes weight training
    20 minutes cardio after weights

My thoughts:
    I probably need to do more cardio. Weight training is going well and I'm feeling stronger every day. It felt great to run the 2 flights of stairs to the second floor of the gym today. As always, I felt great afterward; like I had accomplished soomething. I took measurements today, and I'll log changes as they occur. I hope to get off at least 10 pounds of fat by the end of the month. That's about 3 pounds per week. Will it actually happen? That's doubtful, and not very possible, but whatever I get off, I'll take it. I'm not running at marathon pace although I do wish I'd lose fat off my body faster.

Clen - 20 mcg today
    T3 - Will start at 12.5 mcg tomorrow

Clen didn't do much for me. I checked my heart rate. It was 68 prior, 84 2 hours after dose. I'm assumig that the clen is doing its job. Will up to 30 mcg tomorrow as I'm cautious not to up the dosage too quickly.

Diet:
    Calories Today: ??? - Protein shakes aren't calculated in the app that I use to track - Gotta think of soething to fix that. Cal probably about 1400
    Macros: P/F/C:

My thoughts:
    I likely had about 40 carbs today. Had a huge salad for dinner tonight and 2 2"X2" slices of thin crust pizza.

Exercise:
    20 minutes cardio this evening

My thoughts:
    I need to continue to do more cardio. I didn't measure today but scale was down 1.8 pounds this morning. Either way, I'll take what I can get. I have a very important trip coming up December 1, I'm hoping to be feeling great about myself prior to that.

Clen - 35 mcg today (25 in am, 10 at 4:00 pm
    T3 - 12.5 mcg

Clen didn't doesn't much for me. I checked my heart rate, 86 2 hours after dose.

Diet:
    Calories Today: ??? - Protein shakes aren't calculated in the app that I use to track - Gotta think of soething to fix that.
    Macros: P/F/C:

My thoughts:
    About 45 carbs today. Steel cut oatmeal & 1 breadstick, 2 huge salads (each with 4-6 oz chicken breast), 2 oz cheese stick, 2 designer whey shakes

Exercise:
    45 minutes weight training
    20 minutes cardio after weights

My thoughts:
    I need to continue to do more cardio. I didn't measure today but scale was up 2.4 pounds this morning (period started yesterday, TMI, I know). Wonder where I'll be at the end of the month? I have to fly so, I'm concerned about have the clen and T3 with me when I travel. I was planning a 6 week cycle, we'll see what happens.

Clen - 35 mcg today (30 in am, 30 at 4:00 pm)
    T3 - 12.5 mcg

Clen does make me a bit shaky, I don't have the extremely fast heart rate that some say they get but, my heart rate does go up. I was in Wally World this morning and was extremely hot - the T3 maybe???

Crappy diet today - .75 oz sausage at breakfast, lunch was a chicken breast, 1/2 C coleslaw, 2 potato wedges, 1"X1" piece of cake (my Dad's birthday). Dinner will be a salad with 3-4 oz chicken.

Exercise - 20 minutes cardio

Weight was down 1.4 pounds from yesterday, bouncing around so far. (likely because TOM) No worries there though. I hate being female some days, LOL! The love of my life is not in the greatest mood this afternoon. He has a paper that has to be finished, and has to be a workat 7 tonight so he was a little short when we talked. I guess as long as the good outweighs the bad, I'm okay with that. I try to remember that his plate is full, and to remember what things are like when he's not trying to work full time and attend school but that can be difficult sometimes. Wish he had more time for me some days. It doesn't help that we spend a great deal of time apart, and we won't see each other again until December. Oh well, tomorrow's another day, right???

Oh, and 60 mcg clen today (2 separate doses)
    12.5 mcg T3 - morning
    300 mg Potassium, 500 mg Taurine

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    how could you be on keto diet for 2 yrs and still have fat? I was on Keto for 6 weeks and got too skinny! And your macros don't add up. Unless you eat only 25grams of protein?

Do you have low thyroid or any medical issues?

I was huge to begin with, lol! Lost weight rapidly at the start, then it slowed to a crawl. 2 periods of about 6 months at a time, there was no loss at all. At one point, I gave up, in about 3 months, I gained back 18 pounds of what I had lost. I was 2 years (except for about 3 months) at under 20 carbs per day. Started exercising about a year ago. From all that I have read, females lose slower than males. That's part of it maybe. I worry too, that I spent a great deal of that time under 800-900 calories per day (I was never hungry) and that probably had an impact on my metabolism. Diabetes runs in my family. I have a 42 year old brother who is already diabetic as well as both parents. Though my blood sugar is normal right now, there are many who are insulin resistant long before being diagnosed as diabetic. I spoke with my doctor about that but she is resistant to doing anything unless a person is actually diabetic. I hope that I never am. By continuing with diet and exercise, I never will be.

I still have 35 pounds to lose. I have a pretty strong drive to meet my goal, to be healthier, and lower my body fat but I know that I do not have the determination to continue relentlessly without seeing some progress. Do you understand where I'm coming from there? Thank you for the input, I appreciate everybody's input. If you have any thooughts or ideas, please share!

I had blood tests about 5 months ago. According to my doctor, everything is normal.

Forgot to address the macros, I use the My Plan feature on http://forum.lowcarber.org/ for those listed on 11/8/2012 - I'll copy and paste that day here. Hell, wonder if that's part of the problem? I have used it for a long time.

Nutrition Facts
    NDB#: Composite data for 2012-11-8
    C 28% P 25% F 47%

Basic Data

Energy 1133 kcal

Energy 4739 kj

Carbohydrate, by difference 79.59 g

Sugars, total 5.74 g

Fiber, total dietary 11.15 g

Starch 0.99 g

Sucrose 0.86 g

Glucose (dextrose) 0.42 g

Fructose 0.41 g

Lactose 0.04 g

Maltose 0.00 g

Galactose 0.02 g

Protein 71.41 g

Total lipid (fat) 60.27 g

Cholesterol 122 mg

Fatty acids, total trans 0.000 g

Fatty acids, total saturated 16.171 g

Fatty acids, total monounsaturated 17.687 g

Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated 21.880 g

1100 Calories today - 35%/30%/35%

25 min fasted cardio
    45 min weight training
    20 min cardio after weights

Clen : 80 mcg (2 dosages)
    T3: 25 mcg

1466 Calories today - 45%/24%/311%

20 minutes fasted cardio
    35 minutes cardio (evening)

Clen : 100 mcg (2 doses)

I take 300 mg potassium and 400 mg taurine daily - have from day 1. I always forget to add that.

Thoughts: Since I started this cycle on 11/8/2012, I have lost 2.6 pounds. That wasn't as much as I had expected but my period started the second day of this cycle. Until my dosages were at 80 mcg Clen and 25 mcg T3, my weight on the scale had bounced around the same numbers daily. It seems to be in a downward progression the past couple of days. I am unsure if that is the reason or if it is because my period is ending and I am retaining less water.

I log this daily because I want to make my experience available to others who are considering this stack. During my research, I didn't find any such logs. Maybe they do exist, and I just couldn't locate them. I took measurements on the first day, of my thighs, calves, arms, bust, hips and waist. I will be updating those changes on a weekly basis. I am about 35 pounds from my gal weight. I hope to be at least 15 pounds, or at least 2 jean sizes smaller by December 1. While I realize that may not happen, I would be sooo happy if it did. I'm aware that I'd be losing muscle with fat if I lose weight that quickly. I will be taking a trip from December 1-15. I would really like to me significantly smaller by that time, and I'll do my best to update on a daily basis during that time. If I am not able to do so, I will update my log asap but I won't leave any days out. I really want to maintain continuity.

One more thing that I want to add. So far, I haven't noticed any of the side effects that some (or most) people say they have. My heart rate incresses, blod pressure was up to 119/78 (mine's never very high) and my body temperature is up slightly. There was one day that I had a headache, Saturday I think. I took a couple motrins and not a thing since. The blood vessels in my wrists and hands are a little puffier than normal. Other than that, I've had no sides, at all.

1399 Calories today - 49%/25%/26%

20 minutes fasted cardio
    60 minutes weight training
    35 minutes cardio

Clen : 100 mcg (2 doses)

Not much to say today. Didn't get to bed til around 2:30 this morning. I'm pretty wiped out. Weight is down 5.8 pounds from my start date.

athletic.guy is offline Associate Member
    Any updates on BF % ??

Quote Originally Posted by athletic.guy View Post
    Any updates on BF % ??
    I should have an update on it later this evening or tomorrow. Kind of depends on what time I make it home tonight. I'll have it within 24 hours though. Will post it asap! Thanks for stopping by!

Sorry for the delay. I haven't been around in a few days. No pounds lost lately but inches are definitely going down. BF% is down almost 1.5%. My diet and exercise has been consistent. Will be updating any loss in measurements tomorrow. I do those on Thursday.

Happy Turkey Day!!!!

Thread Information