BigGunzOZ is offline Junior Member

Talking my shoulders like a rock

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my shoulders like a rock-newyorkdress7may.jpg  

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    you weren't kidding!!! nice delts!!

looks like your filling out nicely dude

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    wow, huge delts bro, great job!

NitWit is offline New Member
    Nice work dude, what is your size and age?
    keep pumpen those shoulders dude

nit wit: i am 5.11" 215 lbs and 27 y. old

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    Nice work!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    look great

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Looks like you got some grapefruits tucked up there next to your shoulders. Wish I could get my delts to stand out like that--but the damn arms grow like weeds and always make the delts look small!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I have the same problem Ajax does. Bis & Tris pump like no other but delts lag so much- aggravating
    Excellent job on the delts man

THE DON is offline Associate Member
    good work nice sized shoulders

Darkknight442 is offline Associate Member
    hell yeah ajax. thats the way i want my shoulders to be!! good shit BG... Whats your work out like for your shoulders ehh??

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    good job like I said in another post , I really want my delts to develop better, what do you do to get your looking nice like that? I think military behind the neck press is the best but lately its been hurting my shoulders.

jon
    jon is offline Associate Member
    Nice delts

- i never do military press ( just when i get bored sometimes)

I do - arnolds presses, shoulder press with hammer strenght and
    some cables.
    thats it.

Ironweb is offline Member
    Look good bro. I can always tell a person who lifts by shoulders.

Ajax I am just the opposite as you. Shoulders grow like weeds and arms lag behind. My shoulders will overpower my arms.

Originally posted by BigGunzOZ
    - i never do military press ( just when i get bored sometimes)

I do - arnolds presses, shoulder press with hammer strenght and
    some cables.
    thats it.
    I never heard of any of those exercises (except of course military presses, duh!). Hmmm. Maybe that's my problem!

Seriously--can you give a btter description of them; I am curious to learn more.

Ironweb: I think we all agree that balance is best, but I would rather have your problem: I get delt-envy in a big way!

murph is offline Member
    Originally posted by Ajax

I never heard of any of those exercises (except of course military presses, duh!). Hmmm. Maybe that's my problem!

Seriously--can you give a btter description of them; I am curious to learn more
    nice work there bro,......Ajax I believe the Arnold presses are where you start with the dumbells down by your waist (palms out and pinkies together)you then bring your arms out to your sides and continue untill above the head (keeping the palms out the whole time, you should end up with your thumbs together at the top) at least this is what i was taught.............I'm intrested is seeing if this is what he's doing aswell though........

I tried the motion you are talking about, Murph, (while I was sitting here in front of the computer) it feels good. I can see where it might do some good with weights inthe hands! Tomorrow's shoulder day--time to try some new exercises!

I believe that arnold press are done like this:

1. Start with Db in each hand Elbows in and palms facing in towards your shoulders with weight at shoulder level.
    2 Start pressing Db up while turning palms from facing you to completly out as they would with press.
    3. Bring weight down while turning palms back facing you as they were in the start. The rotation helps in rounding out your shoulders very nicely.

I rotate this into my exercises often. It is one I like. If you work bis with your shoulders you can do a curl and extend with Arnold press into one compound exercise.

JuiceSlut is offline Junior Member
    lookin jacked big man

The Emperor is offline Associate Member
    Looking good, good to the Max!

murph is offline Member
    Originally posted by Ajax
    I tried the motion you are talking about, Murph, (while I was sitting here in front of the computer) it feels good. I can see where it might do some good with weights inthe hands! Tomorrow's shoulder day--time to try some new exercises!
    sorry Ajax,.....what i wrote to you was a good shoulder molder, but it wasnt the Arnold press like i thought, I came across this today, it sounds like the move that Ironweb desribed,......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my shoulders like a rock-dbarnoldpress.gif  

tidaddy1 is offline New Member
    The picture show in the other post is the correct way to do Arnold presses. I do these pretty often and have good results with them. I usally do them at the end of a work out with about 60 or 70lbs DB for about 6-8reps for the first two sets and then on the last one I do drop sets until I can not raise my arms. Shoulders are one of my strongest and biggest body parts that with my legs. Just some info for all

Farmer is offline Member
    One thing people often do is try to use too much weight with arnolds. Its all about getting the full range of motion and "feeling" the motion all the way through. Sacrafice the weight for perfect form and it will pay off in the end.

peace

Originally posted by Farmer
    One thing people often do is try to use too much weight with arnolds. Its all about getting the full range of motion and "feeling" the motion all the way through. Sacrafice the weight for perfect form and it will pay off in the end.

peace
    That is a great point. Form over weight always.

Nice image murph

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Originally posted by Ironweb
    I believe that arnold press are done like this:

1. Start with Db in each hand Elbows in and palms facing in towards your shoulders with weight at shoulder level.
    2 Start pressing Db up while turning palms from facing you to completly out as they would with press.
    3. Bring weight down while turning palms back facing you as they were in the start. The rotation helps in rounding out your shoulders very nicely.

I rotate this into my exercises often. It is one I like. If you work bis with your shoulders you can do a curl and extend with Arnold press into one compound exercise.
    And you are correct. Arnolds are great for giving a little extra attention to the front head. Good for when you prefer hitting the rear head only on back day, and front and middle on chest/triceps day. Otherwise, I prefer regular dumbbell shoulder presses. Either way, I think it is important to NOT lock out the elbows and NOT bring the dumbbells close together at the top. When you do that, you have reached a point of skeletal support and your muscles are no longer doing anything.

To concentrate more on the front head, you can begin with the dumbbells in front of your shoulders, palms facing to the rear over your shoulders rather than inwards, dumbbells fully supinated so that the ends point toward and away from each other rather than parallel.

The other exercise described earlier in the thread sounds to me like lateral raises, and it is a favorite of mine, but again, bad form can make it worthless and an unneccesary strain on the shoulder joint. I never go all the way down, and I go up to maybe level with the top of my head. Yes, going above shoulder level activates traps but with such light weight your traps will never notice. With strict form, never bouncing, never hitting a rest position by lowering the weights all the way, just 30 lbs is a lot of iron.

Arnolds or regular dumbbell shoulder presses, along with the laterals, are my only deltoid exercises, and I have had pretty good success developing mine as a natural until 6 weeks ago when I started this cycle. Looking for cannonballs now!

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Originally posted by murph
    sorry Ajax,.....what i wrote to you was a good shoulder molder, but it wasnt the Arnold press like i thought, I came across this today, it sounds like the move that Ironweb desribed,......
    Yes, that's it. His cadence is a bit on the quick side, though. <g>

bswowl is offline New Member
    LOOKS OK, BUT WHY DOES YOUR SHOULDER ON THE RIGHT LOOK ALL JACKED UP?

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Very nice shoulder development, nice and round...good work, keep it up...XXL

Thread Information