Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    spound is offline Anabolic Member

MY first show....PICS

THis was my first show, I was only planning on competing in Novice, but I got there and said **** it, I busted my ass for this long, I got nothin to lose, Ill do the open as well to see how I siz up with the big boys. Well, I didn;'t really "size" up lol, they just had too much mass on me. I was the youngest guy in the open as well by 7yrs and not to mention the tallest...not to make excuses, I jsut FLAT OUT need more mass, which I will get in time. I am 21yrs old, 6'1" and weighed in at 207lbs on the morning of the comp. on an empty stomach. I then shitloaded RIGHT after I got off the scale up until pre-juding (only b/c I thoguht I may make lthvy;s for weigh in...yea, wayyyy off!! lol) I filled out okay for pre-juding, but by the night show I was very full and hardened up some, until I spilled over a little bit byt the time I went back on stage for the trophy ceremony (I HAD to drink something...I was SOOOO thirsty!!) I placed FIRST in the NOVICE HVYWT and 2nd novice overall, and placed 5th in the open heavies. Here are some pics.
    Last edited by spound; 12-31-2006 at 04:44 PM.

more...

THe last pic is of the open heavywieght lineup...well...some of it. As you can see, I held decent conditioning, which I felt was better than one or two of the others', but I just didnt carry enough mass hang up there. This show was biting off a little more than I could chew...it was my state show and a national qualifier.
    Last edited by spound; 12-31-2006 at 04:45 PM.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    AWESOME.. very motivating Spound.. I'm 7wks out from my first show and only hope I look half as good as that

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    AWESOME.. very motivating Spound.. I'm 7wks out from my first show and only hope I look half as good as that
    Well, judging from your new avy and the avatar pics you have posted of your quads, you will have no problem surpassing me!! Good luck bro, stay focused and give 'em hell. It was a fun experience...very tough..but fun, I learned TONS about my body and about the sport. It was pretty nerve racking and intimidating especially being undersized, but I got the hang of it and got pretty comfortable. I will be ready next time. I plan to take 2-3 yrs off and come in around 230-240 lbs in my next show yrs down the road. I ned to be that big in order to fill out my frame on stage.
    Last edited by spound; 07-10-2006 at 12:05 PM.

You look great.. very conditioned.

Any advice pointers you would've changed or things I might need to know going into this etc??

230 competition!? WHOA.. that's insane.. I want to get to 230 offseason in the next few years and come in at 205 or so open-LHW.

You look great.. very conditioned.

Any advice pointers you would've changed or things I might need to know going into this etc??

230 competition!? WHOA.. that's insane.. I want to get to 230 offseason in the next few years and come in at 205 or so open-LHW.
    Yea, I'll have to be 230 on stage in order to fill out my frame bro...I am 6'1". I also need that muscle maturity. In due time though...

POinters?? umm...all I can say is just worry about yourself, dont pay attention to the other competitors, there is nothing you can change once you are there, the prep is over and the work has been done, jsut do your thing. I got caught up in worrying about what everyone else looked like. I saw other guys in my class who outsized the shit out of me and I thoguht would embarrass me, but when I saw pics it showed that my conditioning and symmetry held me up there. FOr instance, the guy I beat in the novice heavy's was 38yrs old and 244lbs on stage (there is no super hvywt class in the novice) and shorter than me with over 20" arms....he was a huuugge freak and I was like ohhh Sh*t!! I was like there is no wayyy I am beating this guy, but I said you know what, screw it, I am gonna just pose my best and do what I can. I knew he was not as conditioned as me...he was soft in the abs and did not have deep cuts in his quads at all. His size just intimidated the sh*t out of me, but I tried to not let that show on stage and did what I could and never hit a pose with him that was one of his strong "mass" poses (such as his most muscular) and luckily the judges chose symmetry and conditioning over size...which b4 hand the judges said they were not looking for the biggest guy but the one who sported all the aspects of symmetry, conditioning, presentation, and size all in the "best" combination. LIke I said just go up there and forget about everything/everyone else and do your thing..the best you can, and dont doubt yourself. I know I did....and it threw me off at first until I got comfortable. Seeing stage pictures helped as well after pre-juding.
    Last edited by spound; 07-10-2006 at 12:13 PM.

Great Wheels, amazing by anyones standards. Congrats on the placing. Good luck to ya in the near future.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    holy self tanner batman! looking really good man!

That's competition tan, probably Pro-tan?
    Think I'm going to go with Jantana comp tan.

That's competition tan, probably Pro-tan?
    Think I'm going to go with Jantana comp tan.
    Yea, it was pro-tan, It worked great as you can see LOL!! I used 2 coats thrusday, and 3 friday spaced about 6 hrs apart. I "rinsed" off under just water right before each coat and thoroughly "patted" my skin dry with a towel b4 application. ALso, dont use the applicator brush...its takes FOREVER!!! I jsut dumped that sh*t in a tupperware bowl and soaked a baby wash cloth in it, wore latex gloves, wrung out the rag, and wiped it onto my skin...worked great and took 10-15 minutes for each application.

Also, IBDmfkr, I dont know what your last week of water/sodium/carb manipulation is going to look like, but make sure you are POUNDING water up until you cut it the day b4...I drank 15 liters the day b4 the show and 12 the day b4 that and I jsut kept getting drier and drier. I ended up not even needing/using a diuretic which helped me stay/get fuller and feel better.

Thanks bro.. I want to do this without diuretics as well. Not worth the strain on my body for a novice show and I don't think they will be needed until I get in a higher class (open/nationals).. thanks again.

Thanks bro.. I want to do this without diuretics as well. Not worth the strain on my body for a novice show and I don't think they will be needed until I get in a higher class (open/nationals).. thanks again.
    Yea, many guys back stage were cramping like crazy from diruetics, and many couldnt take in the needed carbs in order to compensate for them and fill out...they were entirely flat as shit...no one was real out of shape though which suprised me. The lightheavy class was STACKED!! I was pretty happy though that I kept drying out on my own with just all the extra water I was taking in...I was pissing every 15 minutes....15 liters is ALOT!! lol I was only gonna throw in a tab of diazide is I woke up saturday morning and was noticeably softer than the previous morning, but after I cut that water I dried up a TON by the next morning and decided against the diuretic...I jsut kept getting drier too as I carbed up throughout the day. Avoid it if ya can, but they definately have their place when used correctly.
    Last edited by spound; 07-10-2006 at 04:07 PM.

monstermasss is offline Associate Member
    looking awesome bro!!! more mass and youll be unstopable!!!

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    I job well done bro. now eat your ass off. m yturn this weekend.

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    I job well done bro. now eat your ass off. my turn this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMent1on
    I job well done bro. now eat your ass off. my turn this weekend.
    Yea man, good luck to you!! You look just FLAT OUT SIC!!! I can only hope to carry the type of mass you and carlos carry one day. Good luck bro, stay focused, dial that sh*t in and kick some asss!

mwolffey is offline Anabolic Member
    good job bro...size will come dont worry

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    THis was my first show, I was only planning on competing in Novice, but I got there and said **** it, I busted my ass for this long, I got nothin to lose, Ill do the open as well to see how I siz up with the big boys. Well, I didn;'t really "size" up lol, they just had too much mass on me. I was the youngest guy in the open as well by 7yrs and not to mention the tallest...not to make excuses, I jsut FLAT OUT need more mass, which I will get in time. I am 21yrs old, 6'1" and weighed in at 207lbs on the morning of the comp. on an empty stomach. I then shitloaded RIGHT after I got off the scale up until pre-juding (only b/c I thoguht I may make lthvy;s for weigh in...yea, wayyyy off!! lol) I filled out okay for pre-juding, but by the night show I was very full and hardened up some, until I spilled over a little bit byt the time I went back on stage for the trophy ceremony (I HAD to drink something...I was SOOOO thirsty!!) I placed FIRST in the NOVICE HVYWT and 2nd novice overall, and placed 5th in the open heavies. Here are some pics.
    Don't feel bad at all. That is VERY GOOD placing considering your age and your first time out. I'm very happy for you. Congrats.

Top 5 is respectable. Just think how well you will do once you have more mass and a few years under your belt.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

By the way, great job on the color.

I have to ask.. are those the same pink trunks or new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I have to ask.. are those the same pink trunks or new ones?
    LOL, you just made me laugh my ass off!! Nah, they are new trunks and they are RED, not pink, they just look pink bc of my color I suppose. THey were not velvet stripper trunks either!!

Thanks for all your support throught the last couple weeks CARLOS, your words have really helped me out in keeping focused on that last leg, it is much appreciated...seriously. My long term goal is to win that show by the time I am 27 and qualify for nationals...I know that is a big goals, but I like to set the bar high. I dont know if my genetics will allow this, but I will do everything I can to accomplish this.

Thanks everyone else who commented as well, I am glad I did it, but also glad for it to be over..I am pounding down food now (clean food though...jsut lots more carbs) and feel like I am growing like a weed already...crazy full pumps and veinds runnin everywhere, I think I may already start back up training tonight! Ill keep the cardio in a couple times a week as well so I can stay leaner year aroudn this time as well.

Here is my starting condition at the beginning of the prep..I was a fat piece of sh*t ( i was pushing my gut out though on purpose) the second pic is 1 day post-show...already at 220-225lbs hehe. I lost about 45lbs, but I feel like I actually put on 2-3 lbs of muscle:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MY first show....PICS-contest-full.jpg   MY first show....PICS-smudged1-day-post-show.jpg  
    Last edited by spound; 07-10-2006 at 04:10 PM.

daytrader is offline Member
    wow dude... awsome job.... you should proud of yourself to say the least

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    LOL, you just made me laugh my ass off!! Nah, they are new trunks and they are RED, not pink, they just look pink bc of my color I suppose. THey were not velvet stripper trunks either!!
    They looked pink to me too... I was just wondering why pink but an ugly image popped up in my head of one body builder looking at another in a contest and smiling and saying, " Hi big guy, wanna workout abs together later?? "

Not suggesting or meant to insult ya... just they did look pink to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    They looked pink to me too... I was just wondering why pink but an ugly image popped up in my head of one body builder looking at another in a contest and smiling and saying, " Hi big guy, wanna workout abs together later?? "

Not suggesting or meant to insult ya... just they did look pink to me too.
    It looks pink and it looks fine. The color compliments his skin tone. Looks good. Hell, Dareem Charles wears pink.

QUEBECBIGMAN is offline Associate Member
    GOOD JOB
    nice tan

doctorherb is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    ROck on spound! Im very happy for you bro!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Very impressive spound. Conditioning looks great. Congrats and good luck on your mass quest

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Very impressive spound. Conditioning looks great. Congrats and good luck on your mass quest

Thanks for droppin' in MIKE!!

Chest..thanks a lot man...When I was 2-3 weeks out, I was looking forward more to starting my offseason growing than I was the actual competition, this post show anabolic rebound is the shit, cant wait to hit the gym again and get some nice full pumps, vascularity and throw some fu*kin heavy weight!!

DutchCowboy is offline Associate Member
    This is very impressive. I really think it will give hope to a lot of people on here. The change from the beginning of your prep to now is absolutely amazing. Heck, it even gives me hope! Good job buddy and keep up the positive posting!

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Look great Bro, CONGRATS...XXL

Random is offline RETIRED VET
    Spound, great work man, it really looks like you learned alot, kept your head high, and had fun which is the most important, keep at it man, i really think you should try and compete next year...trust me, with a solid offseason meal plan you can add more than enough size and proportion to do more damage next year, you got plenty of time to mature and the more you compete the more experience you get with your body and learning how to manipulate it to look your absolute best, best in the future man, keep working hard..

GREENMACHINE is offline Are you green enough?
    You look fantastic bro. Huge improvement.

Big Broker 1 is offline Associate Member
    looking great bro, how long did you diet to get from that first pic to the final one....

Quote Originally Posted by Big Broker 1
    looking great bro, how long did you diet to get from that first pic to the final one....
    Well, the "b4" pic was actually a month b4 I started dieting. I was 252ish there. I actually pu ton even more bodyfat and looked shittier when I started my diet LOL. I got up to 257lbs. I started dieting at 16 wks out. Sooo...16wks lol.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, its much appreciated.

That's badass bro.. can't imagine having to lose that much weight for a show.. props to you. Now don't let yourself go again lol
    -B D
    DO NOT ASK FOR A SOURCE, NONE SHALL BE GIVEN.
    -NO SOURCE CHECKS!-

[email protected]
    If asking cycle advice Post up Stats/previous cycle experience/goals!

If asking diet advice Post Stats/current diet/goals!

“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

I B D
    AR VET

That's badass bro.. can't imagine having to lose that much weight for a show.. props to you. Now don't let yourself go again lol
    Yea, I plan to stay A LOT leaner now. I plan to stay at a TRUE 10% year around, which should be easy since I am a true ecto..believe it or not...I jsut ate STUPID amount of foods to get that heavy..they werent even shitty meals...but I ate TEN meals per day...I took it too far...I jsut always had such a hard time gaining , and no its like I really dont have as much trouble..I can stay lean though. I really had to turn things up though there at the end. Here is a pic of 8 wks, then 10wks, and then 4 wks out, as you can see I was behind the WHOLE prep, not b/c I wasnt progressing, but bc I started out so sloppy. I made up some serious ground the last 4 weeks:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MY first show....PICS-8wks-mm.jpg   MY first show....PICS-10wks-mm.jpg   MY first show....PICS-30-days-frntrelax.jpg  

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    cohngrat sman, glad to see you did so well...you eating everything in sight now????

hit me up on MSN and we'll chat more...WEBB

Quote Originally Posted by WEBB
    cohngrat sman, glad to see you did so well...you eating everything in sight now????

hit me up on MSN and we'll chat more...WEBB
    Nah, with my shitload I was pounding such shitty food all day with no water, I actually got the urge out of my system. I went and had dinner at chillis and dessert the night of, but then wennt to the hotel and had a protein shake with oats and two muscle milks that I pounded right after teh show...I bought them there I woke up and had another shake in the morning then went and ate out and had one last bad meal...cheeseburger and chicken caesar salad. That was sunday at noon...havent really cheated since then....well actually until jsut now, I jsut had two oatmeal raisin cookies I didnt want to lose everything right away, I plan to stay lean here on out in the offseason. I have gone pretty much back to my same meal plan, and jsut doubled or tripled the carbs in those meals. Althoguh I am craving sushi and may have to go take care of that tonight for dinner!! I have already resumed cardio for the first time last night and plan to hit another session this evening for 30 minutes to help keep bloat off. I will resume lifting again on Monday.
    Last edited by spound; 07-11-2006 at 12:53 PM.

Surfstud18 is offline Member
    Webb has a hot girl haha ohhhh i wish i was that guyyyy

Surfstud18 is offline Member
    spound your the man haha you were kinda chubby i'm past chubby and just fat seeing your pic's makes me want to try harder like hard work does pay off thanks for sharing brother

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information