BigD_2b is offline New Member

Newbie first cycle - before and after pics

I just completed my first cycle of

Test C 500 mg/wk x13 wks
    Deca 300 mg/wk x10 wks

I gained almost 25 lbs at my peak and will end up with about a 13 lbs solid gain!

Enjoy the pics!

d
    Last edited by BigD_2b; 03-25-2007 at 10:04 PM.

beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    alot of people are gonna tell you that you should of waited and built a better base before jumping into aas. how long have you been lifting? and what are your stats age/hight/weight arm size ect. and what did you run for your pct?

Thanks for the reply. Realize I could have waited...but the timing was right for me for a lot of reasons. So I went for it

I posted more info elsewhere but here is what I have
    I'm almost 31
    Started at
    155 lbs.
    12% bf

Don't have a complete set of bodypart measurements.

Got as high as 178 but seem to be stabalizing at 168 or so. Bf unknown but I actually think it may be a bit lower or close to the same

PCT is HCG 500 iu x 20 days (started 5 days after last test shot)
    20 mg tamox x 30 days

Critique appreciated. thx

Was lifting about a full year seriously before starting

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    you look the same to me. i dont really a difference.

BlueAndromeda73 is offline Senior Member
    Def woulld have held off for awhile, I have been liting for about 5 years seriously and am still growing naturally

Quote Originally Posted by SnaX
    you look the same to me. i dont really a difference.
    Really? wow - maybe the pics aren't capturing it. I'm at least 20 lbs bigger in the new pics without much extra fat...which for a guy with my tiny frame is amazing. I've had friends say I look like a different person

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAndromeda73
    Def woulld have held off for awhile, I have been liting for about 5 years seriously and am still growing naturally

Just curious how old are you?

Not totally convinced I could grow a lot more without some boost...I worked with a trainer for about 5 months then trained hard on my own, got stronger but I really felt that I was getting very, very slow progress naturally...veeeerrry slow and since I had the time for this for once in my life (in 1st year of a 2 year grad program) i wanted to try this when i wasn't working mad hours and travelling, etc

The end result may be that this was a nice boost and I'll stay natural for a few years from here...but all-in-all I was very happy with the results

Serotonin is offline Member
    I can see the difference but out of curiosity how are your legs? Before I start my first cycle I'm hitting my legs extra hard to try and squeeze out a few more pounds of natural lean mass.

Also, what have you been doing for your diet? I'm also incredibly ectomorphic. Started lifting 2 years ago regularly and went from 138lbs @6' to 175.

So, I was curious about caloric intake and protein amount.

I hope the gains stay on bro!

jbarkley is offline Member
    You've only trained a year and already find it necessary to run a cycle? You haven't come anywhere near your natural potential, IMO that's laziness and looking for the quick fix. IF you work on getting your diet and training right you will make all the gains your body can hold without risking your health. In addition, at your age, (I'm guessing your pretty young based on your pics) your probably are producing a load of test and gh naturally, you just need to research the ways you can grow naturally with diet and work outs.

Quote Originally Posted by jbarkley
    You've only trained a year and already find it necessary to run a cycle? You haven't come anywhere near your natural potential, IMO that's laziness and looking for the quick fix. IF you work on getting your diet and training right you will make all the gains your body can hold without risking your health. In addition, at your age, (I'm guessing your pretty young based on your pics) your probably are producing a load of test and gh naturally, you just need to research the ways you can grow naturally with diet and work outs.
    I do appreciate the honest feedback.

I'm 31, so not a young guy but not ancient either. Not looking for a quick fix, but after a year I thought I'd give it a try...Perhaps impatience but not laziness. I work hard and make sure I don't overtrain. Spent months with a high quality personal trainer to learn form and nutrition, etc.

At my age I just don't see myself training naturally for 5 years then doing this at 36. I'm not looking to be a pro anything - just want to pack on a bit of size and hold on to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serotonin
    I can see the difference but out of curiosity how are your legs? Before I start my first cycle I'm hitting my legs extra hard to try and squeeze out a few more pounds of natural lean mass.

Also, what have you been doing for your diet? I'm also incredibly ectomorphic. Started lifting 2 years ago regularly and went from 138lbs @6' to 175.

So, I was curious about caloric intake and protein amount.

I hope the gains stay on bro!
    Thanks.

Legs (at least quads) were probably my best body part going in - and definitely got bigger. The biggest difference was that on the gear I could train my legs more than once a week. Normally, after a good workout with heavy squats etc. it would take a full week to recover.

Awesome to jump from 136 to 175! when you're ready I'm sure you'll grow like a weed on the sauce if a little guy like me can do it

good luck

wishmasterATM is offline Banned
    you look alot younger for 31.... 1 year?.wow...a little early,..but if it works for you..great....keep growing

jbarkley is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigD_2b
    I do appreciate the honest feedback.

I'm 31, so not a young guy but not ancient either. Not looking for a quick fix, but after a year I thought I'd give it a try...Perhaps impatience but not laziness. I work hard and make sure I don't overtrain. Spent months with a high quality personal trainer to learn form and nutrition, etc.

At my age I just don't see myself training naturally for 5 years then doing this at 36. I'm not looking to be a pro anything - just want to pack on a bit of size and hold on to it.
    Again, just my opinion for whatever it's, obviously you can do what you feel is best for yourself, best of luck on your training whatever you do! Livestrong!

Quote Originally Posted by wishmasterATM
    you look alot younger for 31.... 1 year?.wow...a little early,..but if it works for you..great....keep growing

Lol that's the idea! I can still pass for 24 at a bar

AirForceTACP is offline Junior Member
    Only results i really see are a tan...

You definately gained some excess fat in your mid-section too.. unless thats just being bloated..

Your results would have been much more significant if you trained/dieted for atleast another 1-2 years..

best luck with everything..

outlawtas is offline Junior Member
    I'm not sure about these guys, but I opened both your pictures (the first 2 side shots) and put them togher and defnitely see a size gain, both in your arms/chest but a little fat as well. So kudos on that.

At 31 I would say your mature enough to cycle, but reason you need more experience is because you have to know how your body grows and that only comes with time in the gym and kitchen, no matter what your age.

you also should have done a test only cycle...but what's done is done.

Just keep up with the hard work and make sure you diet properly and hit the big 3 (squat, dead and bench) along with other heavy compounds exercises.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    Your diet looks to be severely lacking if you need to cycle at that weight. You could put on plenty of mass with a properly planned diet. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by outlawtas
    I'm not sure about these guys, but I opened both your pictures (the first 2 side shots) and put them togher and defnitely see a size gain, both in your arms/chest but a little fat as well. So kudos on that.

At 31 I would say your mature enough to cycle, but reason you need more experience is because you have to know how your body grows and that only comes with time in the gym and kitchen, no matter what your age.

you also should have done a test only cycle...but what's done is done.

Just keep up with the hard work and make sure you diet properly and hit the big 3 (squat, dead and bench) along with other heavy compounds exercises.

Thanks. This was a learning exp for me...so I think I'll take the advice of folks on here and see what I can do naturally for awhile...maybe work with a good trainer again

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    Your diet looks to be severely lacking if you need to cycle at that weight. You could put on plenty of mass with a properly planned diet. Shame.
    Perfectbeast,

I tried a high cal/protein diet natural and tended to gain bf but not much real muscle mass. Perhaps you wouldn't mind taking a look at what I eat now and giving some advice? I'll post in the appropriate forum section. I want to keep what I've gained and try to keep gaining naturally if I can now...this was a new exp for me and I'm here to learn, so if I can grow nat I'm going to give it my best shot

I'll post something and list the link below.

Thanks

AirForceTACP is offline Junior Member
    The muscle you gain from dieting correctly will be much easier to keep then that from a cycle..

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    sometimes I wonder what some of us would do if there were no such thing as steroids , I guess give up huh?

your bodyfat is more around 16%.

How tall are you? You must be short to only weigh in the 170's.

I'm afraid after you cut up there won't be any muscle there IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmask
    your bodyfat is more around 16%.

How tall are you? You must be short to only weigh in the 170's.

I'm afraid after you cut up there won't be any muscle there IMO.
    About 5'9-5'10

Pics are when I was very bloated. Have dropped about 10 lbs since then. Haven't had bf tested but feel about the same as when I started plus at least 10, maybe 15 lbs extra...

Appreciate everyone's comment. Huge learning curve here obviously. I was so small before and such a hardgainer, if I can keep 10lbs and keep growing a bit naturally, even slowly, then this was a great result for me personally. Not looking to get to 200lbs. My frame would never hold it. 175-180 would be a great permanent weight for me. But I feel much better then when i started. question is if I can keep it. Did pct correctly and am still training and eating well.

I prolly won't post any more pics since some of the rips on here are way too fierce (and pointless); but i'll certainly make updated posts with info

thx

Thread Information