Thread: My first show

vaeltaire is offline Associate Member

My first show

Just got through doing my first show on june 2nd. I got 2nd place in the novice lightweight. I tell you what this is the hardest thing I have ever done. I have been lifting for about 3 years and I have always tried to eat pretty good. I thought I had an idea of how hard it would be to compete but I had no idea. I have a guy that is kind enough to of helped me through all of this and do all my diets for me and he would not charge me to help me. Not many people like that. He knows his stuff. I kinda flattened out a little to much for this show so we are trying more carb days with this up coming show. Seems how this is my first year to ever compete it's all trail and error to see what works well with my body. That's why I am gonna do as many shows this summer as I can. Getting ready to do my second show on july 7. After this show I got one more 2 weeks later. After my last show I am gonna take a week or two off to rest and start hitting it hard for next year with all the people I got helping me now I hope to put on some good size this year.. So here are some pics of my first show. Gonna post some before pics of me at 21 before I started lifting as soon as I can locate them. What do you guys think would be some good areas besides my legs to try to work on? I have been working legs twice a week for 5 months I have put an inch and a half on them they are coming along but I hope to get them bigger this year..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My first show-2.jpg   My first show-6.jpg   My first show-7.jpg   My first show-8.jpg   My first show-9.jpg  

Here are some more pics. I weighed in at 166.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My first show-10.jpg   My first show-12.jpg   My first show-14.jpg   My first show-16.jpg   My first show-17.jpg  

One more pic..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My first show-77.jpg  

skr0w is offline Associate Member
    Not bad for your first show. If I were you I wouldn't worry about doing another show this summer. Instead take this time to put on some quality size. As far as you physique goes as you already know some size needs to be added to your legs. Overall good job keep training hard and get on the right diet and you will be huge in a few years. Any question you might have feel free to pm me. Good luck, btw how tall are you? and did you do this show natty.

doolo is offline Associate Member
    looks like you got a nice layout. Your body fits those muscles well, if that makes any sense.

I am right at 6. For my height I do need some more size.. I did six weeks of win, 12 weeks of prop, 12 weeks of masteron ..

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I agree, if you are going to keep competing I would take a solid year to bulk.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

That's what I am gonna do. Gonna start in august bulking up. With the guy I got training me on legs and the other guy doing my diets I should be looking alot better by next summer.

jbarkley is offline Member
    At 6' you can carry a tremendous amount of size, but I am impressed with how good you look at only 166 lbs at your height. Congrats on your first show, that's a great placing! It will be great to see you progress over the years and watch you eventually compete as a heavyweight. Keep it up....
    Livestrong!

Thanx bro. I have been working really hard. Got a pic of how I looked before I started lifting at 21. I will be 25 this month. I am gonna post it as soon as I get to a scanner. I have come a long way. I got to sit down with my guy after this last show and get my bulking diet done up. He is gonna help me all year and watch me and make changes where needed. I am anxious to see how far I will progress this year..

sorel_C is offline Member
    I agree you got a nice frame to slap on some mucle, i also agree with what others said,, instead of competing as much as possible this summer, focus on putting on muscle as much as possible! and come back next year with a new pakage

solarisdude45 is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations!!! Good Luck in the future.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    i think you look good, you can definately afford to put more size on tho.

I am gonna do this last show july 7th and that's the last one. Then I am gonna start bulking.. Thanx for all the input guy's.

skr0w is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeltaire
    I am gonna do this last show july 7th and that's the last one. Then I am gonna start bulking.. Thanx for all the input guy's.
    Good decision

ground_pounder is offline New Member
    congrats man, keep it up

muscle_20 is offline Member
    You look big for 166 and 6ft keep it up and good luck!

Thanx guys. I plan on lifting till I can't anymore lol..

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vaeltaire
    Thanx guys. I plan on lifting till I can't anymore lol..
    good to hear brotha..you looked wicked man 3 years training isint alot, and withthis being your first show you still came in shape and place well. props bro! post pics as you bulk up...im interested in seeing you fil lback out again
    peace
    tank

maxiimus is offline Associate Member
    looking rock solid bro and shredded, great work mate keep it up

Did my last show for the summer last weekend 7/7/07. I weighed in at 174lbs. Weighed in 8 pounds heavier than I did in my first show. Got 3rd in the junior middle weight division. I Am gonna post pics as soon as I get a chance. I was pleased seems how this is my first year to ever compete. Kinda sad I am through for the summer haha. Judges said I looked a lot better than I did my first show "fuller" and my poseing was a whole lot better but I just need more size. Here is a pic of me at 21 before I ever started lifting weights that is did plenty of lifting of the beer cans back then lol . I am 25 now. I think I have come a long way in 4 years and got plenty of years to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My first show-chris-21-2.jpg  

solarisdude45 is offline Junior Member
    You should be proud of your accomplishments in the area of physical condition and of course, bodybuilidng. Congratulations.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Keep up the good work bro

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    very impressive mate. Take some time to grow and put in some gruelling leg workouts. Great stuff man.

bpm1 is offline Anabolic Member
    i'll bet u get alot of "youre on steroids arnt you" with that transformation, its awesome!! you've made awesome progress man, like u said bulk it up and it'll only get better, peace!!

Thanx for all the compliments guys. Yeah, This past year I pretty much gave up my social life. Did not have time for one. I have come a long way. Working out 7 days a week. Cooking all my food on the weekend and having to eat every 3 hours. People do not understnad what it takes to get to a god point. I am gonna start bulking up in august. Taking a week or two break and gonna have a lil fun. I deserve it.

Legs have come a long way but I am really gonna work them this year. Got to get some more size on them.

Thread Information