Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    jbarkley is offline Member

1st of 2 shows under my belt.....

These are some pics from the show I was in yesterday (Saturday) I took 3rd in the Master's class. The MC prior to me posing announced that I had recovered from cancer in 2005 and I my weight was 130 lbs. There was a great response from the audience, it was a great feeling to be back competing...btw, I posed to Tim Mcgraw's "Live like you were dying"....very fitting song for the situation. Thanks for all the support!

Livestrong!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1st of 2 shows under my belt.....-cvcabs.jpg   1st of 2 shows under my belt.....-cvcbis.jpg   1st of 2 shows under my belt.....-cvclats.jpg   1st of 2 shows under my belt.....-cvcarm.jpg   1st of 2 shows under my belt.....-cvcsdabs.jpg  

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    congrats man, you're an inspiration.

1st s

Few more and a Jay Cutler guest posed, he was frkin huge and jumped off the stage and went up the aisles, it was really cool of him to intermingle with the audience. The pictues of him suck, I took them after I posed and my hands were shakey....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1st of 2 shows under my belt.....-cvctris.jpg   1st of 2 shows under my belt.....-cvcbadblbi.jpg   1st of 2 shows under my belt.....-cvcbaclat.jpg   1st of 2 shows under my belt.....-cvcjay.jpg   1st of 2 shows under my belt.....-cvcjaybacbi.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ImaGetBig
    congrats man, you're an inspiration.
    Thanks Bro, I appreciate it!

Livestrong!

sorel_C is offline Member
    You defenitly got the dense's Back out of the three!
    If that pic of the three of you guys, were the top 3 of the shows, im pretty shocked you did't grab first place bro. None the less Great job!

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    very impressive man well done.

solarisdude45 is offline Junior Member
    Congratulations upon your winning!! You know, there is a book inside of you waiting to be written to encourage others.

Good luck on your next event.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Looking great congrats man!

maxiimus is offline Associate Member
    awesome bod matey, looking great well done

turbo888 is offline New Member
    Great job JB! YOU LOOK GREAT!! To be on stage and in that condition .... from where you came from.... dude you won in my book!! awesome!!go get it at your next show!!

juiceball88 is offline Junior Member
    your a beast.. awesome

Thanks Chris, Beast and Solar, I appreciate the comments, it has given me the drive to train harder for next year!
    Livestrong Bro's

Quote Originally Posted by kaberle_15
    Looking great congrats man!
    Kab, thanks Bro, and thanks for keeping up with my progress and your support! Livestrong Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo888
    Great job JB! YOU LOOK GREAT!! To be on stage and in that condition .... from where you came from.... dude you won in my book!! awesome!!go get it at your next show!!
    Thanks Turbo, the guy in the picture to my left took first place, he and the second place guy both came to me after and told me they thought I had won. The head judge is a friend of mine and the NPC District Chairman in California, he told me if I brought my legs up I would be tough to beat, so I have a good direction to head for.

Livestrong and keep winning those shows!

Thanks Maxiimus and Juiceball, appreciate the positive comments.

Livestrong always!

Titleist is offline Senior Member
    Very nice bro!

Very inspirational to everyone around you. It's hard to believe how far you've come. You have a very strong will my friend, and it definitely shows.

Keep it up man.

bigtwin is offline Associate Member
    nice job man, looking strong.

Mista Massive is offline Senior Member
    excellent job

PROTEINSHAKE is offline Protein Power
    JB... you know what i think brother!! AMAZING!!! you look awesome!!! a true man among boys my friend.. all the best & CONGRATS!!!

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    Great job, Man you really look great, you are truly an inspiration for me.

well done

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist
    Very nice bro!

Very inspirational to everyone around you. It's hard to believe how far you've come. You have a very strong will my friend, and it definitely shows.

Keep it up man.
    Thanks Bro...honestly it's hard for me to believe as well, the human body can come back from a lot of hardship....Livestrong Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    JB... you know what i think brother!! AMAZING!!! you look awesome!!! a true man among boys my friend.. all the best & CONGRATS!!!
    Thanks again Brother, you're a great guy to have in my corner, I appreciate it!

Livestrong!

Thanks Bigtwin, MistaMassive, j4ever41 and therecanbeonly1 I appreciate you taking the time to give your support!

Serotonin is offline Member
    Congrats J, you deserve it brother!

burghsteel is offline New Member
    u look great bro im so inspired

Serotonin and burgh, thanks guys, I appreciate it more than you know!

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey if you had the will power to get through cancer then you have the will power to train so hard you will take that next show of yours like it belongs to you. Great Job and continue working hard!!

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    yeaaaaaah man!!!!!!
    first off let me say congrats on a wicked showing jbarkley!!! you looked f'n awesome!! amazing shit man. i wish i could have seen your routine... no doubt you had the best conditioning up there..up against the winner you steal it with your upper body size and vascularity....those cuts are looking deep...he(the guy who took 1st) almost looks soft beside ya..theres no doubt those judges had a difficult decision to make..your friend is definately right.. as soon as your legs catch up and maintain that fullbody symetry, you will be unstoppable...speaking of which, when is your next comp?!
    thank you so much for posting your progress along the way, and bringin us all along on this journey with you..in a pivotal part of my life youve been my most prominent source of inspiration, a true hero of mine (and many others), and im sincerely grateful...you d-e-f-i-n-e living strong man!
    peace
    tank

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Amazing! And highly inspirational!

Fighting off cancer is impressive enough and then to get back into bb AND enter a bb show looking like this - AMAZING

Livestrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    Hey if you had the will power to get through cancer then you have the will power to train so hard you will take that next show of yours like it belongs to you. Great Job and continue working hard!!
    Thanks Bro, you better know this has just made me more determined, I haven't gone through a growth cycle since I started seriously training after my recovery....so I'm really excited about that!
    Thanks Again and Livestrong!

Quote Originally Posted by thetank
    yeaaaaaah man!!!!!!
    first off let me say congrats on a wicked showing jbarkley!!! you looked f'n awesome!! amazing shit man. i wish i could have seen your routine... no doubt you had the best conditioning up there..up against the winner you steal it with your upper body size and vascularity....those cuts are looking deep...he(the guy who took 1st) almost looks soft beside ya..theres no doubt those judges had a difficult decision to make..your friend is definately right.. as soon as your legs catch up and maintain that fullbody symetry, you will be unstoppable...speaking of which, when is your next comp?!
    thank you so much for posting your progress along the way, and bringin us all along on this journey with you..in a pivotal part of my life youve been my most prominent source of inspiration, a true hero of mine (and many others), and im sincerely grateful...you d-e-f-i-n-e living strong man!
    peace
    tank
    Hey Brother....thanks so much for your kind words, it really means so much to hear from you. I have another show this Saturday, and I'm going in with a little different strategy. Since I was a lot drier, more cut and had a lower % of BF than the 1st and 2nd placer's, I will come in heavier and hopefully my legs will look a little bigger and more balanced with my upper body. I have a little advantage in getting dry too, I don't have my large intestine so I dehydrate really quickly. Where this is not conducive to overall health it's works well for bodybuilding...lol. My training partner will enter this show as well, and is really the favorite coming in, then at the end of July he has the USA championships that he qualified for two years ago, then it's time to grow those lagging legs! If you ever get down this way from the Great White North, we'll have to put the hammer down on some workouts! Thanks again Bro, and keep on Living Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by bor
    Amazing! And highly inspirational!

Fighting off cancer is impressive enough and then to get back into bb AND enter a bb show looking like this - AMAZING

Livestrong!
    Thanks Bor! I apprciate you letting me know your thoughts, as for you, keep on with what you're doing, looking great!

Livestrong Bro!

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarkley
    Hey Brother....thanks so much for your kind words, it really means so much to hear from you. I have another show this Saturday, and I'm going in with a little different strategy. Since I was a lot drier, more cut and had a lower % of BF than the 1st and 2nd placer's, I will come in heavier and hopefully my legs will look a little bigger and more balanced with my upper body. I have a little advantage in getting dry too, I don't have my large intestine so I dehydrate really quickly. Where this is not conducive to overall health it's works well for bodybuilding...lol. My training partner will enter this show as well, and is really the favorite coming in, then at the end of July he has the USA championships that he qualified for two years ago, then it's time to grow those lagging legs! If you ever get down this way from the Great White North, we'll have to put the hammer down on some workouts! Thanks again Bro, and keep on Living Strong!
    Cheater!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Renesis
    Cheater!!!! lol
    Yeah, it's what I'll go through to get an edge..lol

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    congrats bro you look great

Quote Originally Posted by number twelve
    congrats bro you look great
    12, thanks Bro! I appreciate it....Livestrong!

MEMBER OF THE YEAR-- JBARKLEY!!!! unbelieveable dood right here.. everytime i think of what this guy has gone thru I shake my head in amazement. awesome to know you bro... truly.

Quote Originally Posted by getnjakked
    MEMBER OF THE YEAR-- JBARKLEY!!!! unbelieveable dood right here.. everytime i think of what this guy has gone thru I shake my head in amazement. awesome to know you bro... truly.
    Thanks Bro, I appreciate your never ending support! BTW I found you on BB.com featured amatuers today....awesome job!

^ thanks buddy..... I just saw it myself... LOL .... cool stuff.. U are the man!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information