Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GGallin is offline Senior Member
    Beleive me I would love to be ripped. But when it comes right down to it I have been lazy. Beast set me up on a diet program but I had to get hernia surgery and it slowed my progress. But at this point there are no excuses. I have been dieting decent for the last few weeks or so but am still far away from my goals. I would love the feeling of being ripped and having girls hit on me. I could make a million excuses, other than being prone to being fat I have none. My lack of dedication on the diet and cardio end have been laughable. It sucks I dissapoint myself daily. Well hopefully I can get on the right track, I mean I see my potential and have been close to my goal without acheiving them. I was down to 230 late last year when I got back from the Army but after several months of not working out and sitting on my fat ass made it all come back and then some. I usually do really good all day with my diet until I snack a little........ and a little more......... and more until I just ruined a whole days progress in 20 mins. I am ashamed of myself, I wish I had a good metabolism like some people. I mean I dont even eat fast food or chips or pop and I still stay fat. I mainly just eat chicken tuna turkey etc but I do love some pizza lol. Some one kick my ass for me please!

Quote Originally Posted by VanTheMan View Post
    You have a great deal of musclemass, and a great deal of fatmass. I bet that if you manage someday to cut your fatmass down to a minimum, and get really ripped, your life will change.

Now you are the fat strong guy (No nobody thinks your huge and look like you have musclemass, atleast people that have an untrained eye for bodybuilding thinks your plain fat, and thats it, fat. 99% see you as fat, 1% see you as a outofshape weekend warrior that's strong

Seriously dude, it all depends on what you would like to look at, but I can bet a few shiny pennies that you would like to see what reactions people would have to looking at your physique with a 8% bodyfat percetange

It will change your whole life by cutting down your bodyfat percentage, and show of the musclemass.

I've been down that road. Weighing in at 240 pounds, thinking I was big and looking athletic, I was strong yes, but I looked like someone who eat at mcdonalds for breakfast, snack, dinner, another snack and evening food

I dropped all the fat, and let me be the one to tell you, your world completely changes (Ofcourse if you have a good foundation of musclemass underneath the fat, then the changes are really drastical, as I did have, and as you have).

People start looking at me as the sucsessful healthy guy, girls start hitting on me (That was very surprising for me, and made my day everytime it happened).

For the love of god consider cutting all of your fat and get a better, healthier life.

- None of the above is written to offend you in anyway, it's ment to help you to motivate you to shed bodyfat.

Man I was even fat as hell around 240. I wonder what my lean body mass is. Like what would I weigh at 10% Bf?

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    190 maybe

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    probably about 205- 210 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by bmg View Post
    probably about 205- 210 lbs
    That seems about right to me

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GGallin View Post
    Wow am I like totally obese? Is this Bodybuilding.com? I am not a bodybuilder. I am an average guy who has used performance enhancing drugs. I think the fact that I have benched 455 lbs raw is a tribute to my hard work in the gym. Sure I dont look like Carlos or any of these bodybuilders but I am strong as hell and I feel good. I am sure at this point I will hear a lot more of " aww you didnt lift 455 I am bigger and stronger and look better than you and I never lifted that much blah blah blah" but its the truth. I feel good, I dont look GREAT by any means but there is a lot better and a lot worse. Frankly I am for the most part happy with the way I look. Hell for weighing 270 I look pretty damn good I would say. I have a gut but you can tell I have some muscle as well. Get over it.
    Kudos to you!!! A 455lbs bench is a big accomplishment and congratulations.

Don’t sweat what most of these guys on this forum say because a lot of the criticism is jealousy of your strength or insecurity or just being young. Most of these guys can’t get past 3 plates on each side of the bar but they are fit you know…

Also in asking for many of these guys to criticize your physical stature is like going to an anorexia convention and asking if they look fat… Many of the guys have body image problems and have skewed perceptions of body image. “If it doesn’t look like Arnold, it’s either fat & obese or too thin and needs work” Wake up guys Arnold is not the benchmark…

I am a strength junkie and care less about body image, but that’s why I tend to pay more attention to the powerlifting scene and would not make a good bodybuilder. To me bodybuilding is the male form of modeling and powerlifting is the real (not subjective) sport. It’s all about chasing the big numbers not the big biceps….

However, I do enjoy this forum even with all the bodybuilder types because there are some very knowledgeable people about diet, lifting techniques, and juice which I don’t find at other sites. Not to mention there are some funny people in here…

So don’t beat yourself up over some of these comments… You look like a big ol strong dude and I hope you continue to keep getting bigger… and the only way to do that is to eat, lift heavy and repeat… Your size shows your strength and you can always go back at any time and burn away that baby fat, but for the quest to become a monster it comes with a little extra layer like a polar bear.

You’re looking strong, keep up the good work…

FG

BTW I suspect anyone with a GG Allen member name probably does not give a sh!t what most people think anyway…

Tbone1975 is offline Member

You said it fatty. LOL. Kidding. Like you said, holding some bodyfat. I think you look all right though man. You are pretty damn big.

RoadToRecovery is offline Senior Member

For what its worth dude, while its evident that you are retaining a some fat, you dont look bad at all.

Of course you would look better cut, but its all personal preference.

Someday bro's. I will surprise myself even. I know I have said it before, but I suppose when the time is right it will happen.

FREAK is offline BLACK MARKET BUILT
    cmon gg u been fightin this battle for a while now!Get ur shat together man quit talkin about it do it

Quote Originally Posted by FREAK View Post
    cmon gg u been fightin this battle for a while now!Get ur shat together man quit talkin about it do it
    I would say I will but it would seem redundant at the moment

bigt10 is offline Member
    well wrong attitude as Nark said no one ever gets anywhere iwth an attitude like that.

You need to seriously diet.

Count the cals try it for about 12 weeks. you look like a power lifter start body building training program.

After your succesful with diet then you add cardio, then add gear and clenbuterol .

The point isnt gear if you cant get down from that crazy high % your at till an average level something is wrong.

Anyways start dieting, go clen 2 weeks on 2 off, and plan a cycle. But maybee i shouldnt even see that diet is obviously the problem.

RoadToRecovery is offline Senior Member
    I just want to add... if you truly want to cut up... Start tomorrow... Its easy it really is... I started 3 weeks ago today and lost 10 lbs and 5 inches off of my waist.

Tbone1975 is offline Member
    Someday bro's. I will surprise myself even. I know I have said it before, but I suppose when the time is right it will happen.
    GGallin, one thing bro, that size you have is not for nothin' man. It's not like you're just a fat piece of crap because you're not. You're pretty damn big dude, like I said. If you ever want to diet, I suggest you implement some cardio. I've been dieting for 10 weeks. I went from 243-245, down to 210 at 4.5 percent bodyfat. The first month or so, I didn't do any cardio because I didn't need any. After that, I ran every day, three to five miles a day, with the last three weeks being strictly 4-5 a day. This last week has been only 5 a day. I can run 5 miles on the treadmill in 37.30, on 8.0, at 5'8" 210. Actually LOL, I'm 214. I was 210 yesterday morning. This morning, I was 214 because my metabolism is so damn fast during the week, with my job and everything, and workouts, and running, that I have virtually nothing in it all the time. One normal day, let's the food sit around a bit, maybe a touch of water, and back up to 214. If you want it, go for it. It's easy, if you have the motivation. As for diet, I was eating three meals a day, no snacks. It was pretty clean, lots of tuna and pasta. Breakfast was small, wasn't very hungry, lunch BIG, and dinner BIG LOL. On weekends, I'd pretty skip breakfast, get up, run 'bout 9-10am, eat anywhere from 12-2pm (I'd let myself get hungry), then eat again when I was hungry at maybe 6-8pm. I'm putting a lot of this in the past tense because I'm about to come off the diet. The 4th will be the end. I haven't had a drop of alcohol in almost 3 months for the diet, and the 4th will be the end of that, as my cousin is having a huge party. Then starts the bulker. BTW, if I were you, I would not necessarily gauge your bodyfat by what people say on here. Have it done. A lot of people on here are very knowledgable with great insight, while others don't know much, but will advise you as if they know exactly what they're talking about. Good luck!

rodgerj is offline Associate Member
    Nothing wrong with the way you look at all. You look like a man. Wouldn't you rather have that physic then a skinny little sh1t? There are plenty of women that want exactly what you have Not every one wants what we are told we must look like by media. You have good strength too so have become seperated from the mere mortals out there.

If you are not achieving your goals however you have an issue and it's in your head. Right down your goal, stick up some pics of some super hot chicks or what you want to achive. From what you describe in your attitude, there is a good chance you may be depressed. This is a real condition that really does get in the way of our goals. Think about it, if you deal with that you can smash your goals and be as ripped as you like. You got to put in the work though.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1975 View Post
    GGallin, one thing bro, that size you have is not for nothin' man. It's not like you're just a fat piece of crap because you're not. You're pretty damn big dude, like I said. If you ever want to diet, I suggest you implement some cardio. I've been dieting for 10 weeks. I went from 243-245, down to 210 at 4.5 percent bodyfat. The first month or so, I didn't do any cardio because I didn't need any. After that, I ran every day, three to five miles a day, with the last three weeks being strictly 4-5 a day. This last week has been only 5 a day. I can run 5 miles on the treadmill in 37.30, on 8.0, at 5'8" 210. Actually LOL, I'm 214. I was 210 yesterday morning. This morning, I was 214 because my metabolism is so damn fast during the week, with my job and everything, and workouts, and running, that I have virtually nothing in it all the time. One normal day, let's the food sit around a bit, maybe a touch of water, and back up to 214. If you want it, go for it. It's easy, if you have the motivation. As for diet, I was eating three meals a day, no snacks. It was pretty clean, lots of tuna and pasta. Breakfast was small, wasn't very hungry, lunch BIG, and dinner BIG LOL. On weekends, I'd pretty skip breakfast, get up, run 'bout 9-10am, eat anywhere from 12-2pm (I'd let myself get hungry), then eat again when I was hungry at maybe 6-8pm. I'm putting a lot of this in the past tense because I'm about to come off the diet. The 4th will be the end. I haven't had a drop of alcohol in almost 3 months for the diet, and the 4th will be the end of that, as my cousin is having a huge party. Then starts the bulker. BTW, if I were you, I would not necessarily gauge your bodyfat by what people say on here. Have it done. A lot of people on here are very knowledgable with great insight, while others don't know much, but will advise you as if they know exactly what they're talking about. Good luck!
    5 miles a day? Wow you must have lost major strength…. Running is catabolic after a short while… I remember what one of my coaches said about running…. He told me that you will never see a marathon runner benching 400 lbs. ever…

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information