smuggler is offline New Member

New here, help needed

I'm fed up of being skinny as I am, and still having a small chest and arms after working out fairly regularly, not particularly heavy, but still feel I should have made more progress than I have.
    I'm 6ft1, weigh 186lbs. After deciding to step things up properly this week by doing cardio i.e at least 30 - 40 minutes running every morning, and sticking to a full weight workout routine, I have managed to injure one thumb, and one wrist meaning I can't lift now, possibly for at least a month.
    So this has given me a bit of motivation to get things sorted and come on here to try and get as much info and advice as possible from you guys. I know i'm not in the best of shape regarding bf% (i dont even know what it is currently) but bear in mind over the last 3 years I have come down steadily from quite a chunky 245lb. Also would like to say my diet is not brilliant, but I don't eat any junk/crap or anything, so guess that could do with some work too.
    Here are a few pics of how I am at the moment. Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New here, help needed-front1.jpg   New here, help needed-left-arm.jpg   New here, help needed-left-side.jpg   New here, help needed-right-arm.jpg   New here, help needed-right-side.jpg  

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    All you need is time, and since you look pretty young that should not be problem for you. Time in the gym, time eating 6 meals a day and time doing cardio. Stay consistent and the gains will come to you.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    age?
    FireGuy is right.

Sorry I forgot to add i'm 22. Guess i'm just going to start hitting it hard over the next few weeks then, to gradually go long term, the training side of it is not a problem for me, my main problem would be setting the correct diet and sticking to it. Just a quick question, I know it's in the wrong section, but could you have a diet where it's the same for everyday? I kow this would get quite monotonous but i'm very fussy about foods that I like. e.g. tastes etc. hah.
    Thanks for the advice.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Not only could you, I would recommend it.

Excellent, i'm glad you said that. Here is a diet plan that i'm thinking of bulking for a little while before cutting, just wondered if anyones got any opinions on it, i.e. good/bad, any changes?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New here, help needed-bulk-diet.jpg  

NBRD1808 is offline Associate Member
    if you havent already, post ya diet up in the diet section mate you will surely get a solid critique so you can get it all on track.

goodluck

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    All you need is time, and since you look pretty young that should not be problem for you. Time in the gym, time eating 6 meals a day and time doing cardio. Stay consistent and the gains will come to you.
    Well said.

Consistency is key in this sport. You HAVE to be patient.

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Excellent, i'm glad you said that. Here is a diet plan that i'm thinking of bulking for a little while before cutting, just wondered if anyones got any opinions on it, i.e. good/bad, any changes?
    Thanks
    can't really read this bro

type this out in the diet forum and i'll critique it for you

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    I would add more protein.

The Fat is a little high as well, keep it under 100G's.

Something between these.

Cals: 3500-4200
    Protein: 300-400
    Fats: 50-75
    Carbs: 300-350

Thats what you wanna look for.

korsow is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro, just a suggestion, have you had yer natural T levels checked out by any chance?

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by korsow View Post
    Hey bro, just a suggestion, have you had yer natural T levels checked out by any chance?
    Good suggestion. I recommend you consult your doctor about this.

Thread Information