Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

Me before I get back in shape.

Right now I am in the worst shape of my life. Over the past few years I have put my health and fitness on the back burner and really regret it. When I was younger I was on the career path of being a personal trainer and loved every aspect of training. Unfortunately I switched gears and when I did I gave up on fitness all together. Over the past few months I have really been regretting my decision and am considering going back to school or at least getting re certified. Anyway First thing first I need to get myself in check and get the ball rolling. At my best I was 205 and around 13-14% bodyfat. Here is a video I jsut took of what I look like now. Its scary when you put it on video, sit back and actually see what you REALLY look like. HOW DID I LET THIS HAPPEN!!! I thought posting this would give me some motivation, it's actually pretty embarrassing to see where I once was and where I am now. On a side note any guess of body fat???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttaWrJ8z4RA
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 01-03-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Video is set to private . Can't see .

You don't need to embarrass yourself .
    It's the first of the year and good time to set your goals .

Post your diet in appropriate section and go to town !
    Get to gym and hit the weights and wear out that cardio equipment .

Good luck !

Fixed the video. Luckily I am naturally skinny,the damage could have, and prob should have been much worse.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Dude, that's not so bad at all. Without knowing what you looked like before, it's hard to judge, but in general you look like a 'normal' guy at worst. There's not much muscle so you definitely need to hit the weights. I don't think the bodyfat is that bad, probably around 16% or so. I look forward to seeing your progress; hopefully it will in turn motivate me!

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Don't know why you like to beat yourself up .
    You look like average young man in there early 20's

Some time dieting and working out you'll make dramatic changes .

I understand what you guys mean. Like I said I am naturally skinny and am very grateful that I look the way I look. If most people ate like I did they would have a much tougher time getting back. But for someone who had decided to dedicate his life to fitness, health, an helping others to be where I am I feel like I have wasted a lot of time and opprotunitys. Just look forward to getting back

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel View Post
    I understand what you guys mean. Like I said I am naturally skinny and am very grateful that I look the way I look. If most people ate like I did they would have a much tougher time getting back. But for someone who had decided to dedicate his life to fitness, health, an helping others to be where I am I feel like I have wasted a lot of time and opprotunitys. Just look forward to getting back
    How old are you exactly? I understand how you feel - i'm 34 and just getting 'back' into this now after a 10 year hiatus... I feel like i've wasted the better part of my life being out of shape.

just turned 25

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Get your head out of the past and look to the future.

Okinawa_Power is offline Senior Member
    You don't look bad! You have a base to work with and get to where you want to be! Good luck and stay motivated!! Rome was not built in a day.....

DeepDiver is offline Junior Member
    Stay focused, take lots of pics to track your progress and go for it!!

Yea Im excited to get started. Up untill now I was just doing pushups/pull ups and crunches. My home gym Finally came in today and I am pretty happy with my first day. I was able to bench 205 which is way more then I thought I was gonna be able to do. Tomorrow I am going out for a bike ride, still looking for a treadmill on CL. Ill def be posting updates every 2 weeks. Heres the gym I got along with dumbell bars with the butterfly clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqvHaSIG_hE
    Last edited by Machdiesel; 01-06-2010 at 01:20 AM.

Thread Information