donberry427 is offline Associate Member

Current pics before cutting...

Here are my stats:

25 years old
    6'5
    253 lbs (3-30-10)
    training 12 years... past 4 years been hitting it hard with alot of powerlifting etc..
    no personal cycle experience

supps are as follows:
    San protien (1scoop=23g)
    Met-rex glutamine (1scoop=5g)
    ON Glyco-maize (waxy maize/trehalose) (1scoop=35g)
    ON micronized creatine (1 scoop= 5g)

1 scoop each preworkout

2scoops protien/2 scoops Glyco-maize/1 glutamine/1 creatine postworkout

Also numorous vitamins....

Anyways ill be doing my first cycle in a few months (july or aug). I plan on taking 125mg prop EOD with 75mg masteron EOD for 8-10 weeks. Im in a cutting phase right now being i was going for mass all winter...aka eating whatever whenever.

Here are my pics... 1st one is old, i was about 20-21 at the time (212lbs)... then when i got serious i blew up to 240 in no time (22-23)... then i cut up last year i was 233 (24)...to my current pics of me on creatine and 253lbs(25). (ps:ive only been running creatine for 3 weeks and i do have some bloat, about 5lbs worth. this was my initial gain in the first week, I was 243)

Last edited by donberry427; 04-02-2010 at 03:13 PM.

this was last years pic in november

not too bad right?

My current workout stats

WO #1 : Chest + Back

Flat bench: 15 rep warm, 10 reps, 8 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps 4 reps
    (While supersetting) Lat pulldown behind the neck (wide grip): 5 sets of 10
    Incline dumbell press: 10, 8, 8, 6
    While supersetting close grip lat pulldown: 4 sets of 10
    4 sets dumbell flys 10,8,8,6
    4 sets Parrell bar dips 15,10,8,8
    4 sets t-bar rows (with strait bar in courner, not freewieght machine) 15,10,8,8
    4 sets of 10 reps bent over barbell rows
    4 sets of 10 seated close grip rows (possibly supersetting last two sets of BB and seated rows)
    4 sets of 12 Str8 arm pullovers (hold for stretch)
    ABS:
    3 sets of 20-30 reps on machine crunch
    3 sets of 20-30 seated leg tucks
    3 sets of 20 on oblique machine

WO #2: shoulders + upper arms (on alt days do lower forearms)

Behind the neck military press: 15 rep warm , 10,8,8,6
    (Superset) dumbell laterals 4 sets 0f 8
    Front military press: 10,8,8,6
    (superset) bentover DB laterals 4 sets of 8
    Upright BB rows: 4 sets of 10
    (superset) Seated str8 arm cable crossover 4 sets of 10
    standing BB curl: 15,10,6,4
    Superset: Laying tricep BB extentions 15,10,6,4
    Alt DB curl: 4 sets of 8
    Superset: Tricep pushdows 4 sets of 8
    Concentration curls off of leg while seated: 4 sets of 8
    Superset: single DB tricep EXt overhead while seated 4 sets of 12
    Abs:
    Hanging rev crunches: 20,15,12,12
    Seated leg tucks: 3 sets of 25
    oblique machine superseted with the crunch machine 2 sets each x 20 reps

On irregular days i do my powerlifting.

Powerclean
    Powerclean + Press
    Deadlifts
    Leg press
    Strait leg deadlifts
    Heavy shrugs
    Heavy upright rows
    Heavy curls every 2 weeks at the end of normal bicep training
    and i max out once a month

Heres a few current lifting stats:

Deadlift: 530 box, 495 BB
    Str8 leg deadlift: 425 BB
    Squat: 405x3
    Leg press: 1170x4
    Powerclean: 255
    PC+Press:215x1,205x3
    BB shrugs: 315x8

Ill post new records before and after i do the cycle

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OK Im not trying to be a dick but what have you been hitting hard the last 4 years? Your chest has very little size or definition. Your arms have almost no curvature/size/muscle peak. Last year your abs looked a little better but they are non existent now.

Dont think about doing a cycle yet. Do more with the diet and training. You have ton of natural potential and size you should be able to acquire before doing any aas.

Sorry if that seems harsh but it's what I see.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    unfortunaly i do not like to say negative things. but i total agree with lovbtys.

none the less you are trying and getting results. just need to step things up a notch and re-asses your diet and training protocols

Just2Big is offline Associate Member

^^^ x3

You do not look like you work'd out hard for the last 4 years. Or much at all. 12 years working out? Is that a joke? I know couch potato's that look better then you.
    Last edited by Just2Big; 04-03-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Hard.On is offline Senior Member
    cut??
    I would bulk

Implement is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just2Big View Post
    You do not look like you work'd out hard for the last 4 years. Or much at all. 12 years working out? Is that a joke? I know couch potato's that look better then you.
    You do realize that this sort of demotivating commentary is evidence of your own low self-esteem, right? Giving your opinion is valuable, if you are going to follow with positive suggestion. Otherwise, if you've got nothing good to say, shut your ****ing mouth.

Regella is offline New Member
    nicely done dmtyrie

Just2Big may have been a little harsh and the couch potato part was not needed but he is not far off. He has not business running a cycle, he does NOT look like he has been working out for 4 years let alone MAYBE 4 months.

You guys who think it's OK to run a cycle when you are in this shape is why we have so many people who post with problems every day. You need to re evaluate and educate yourself.

Implement is offline Junior Member
    I didn't tell donberry427 to load himself with darts. My comments are only in response to the disrespectful, unnecessary insults. Advice does not need to be belittling.

Darksyde is offline Member
    you guys gotta realize when someone is almost 6 and a half feet tall they will have a hard time looking like a lifter who is 5 foot 8 proportion wise, even though they are working just as hard. im not saying yea or nay to cycling but cut the kid some slack, and keep that in mind when judging his physique.
    that being said, donberry i dont like your split, why chest and back on the same day?
    if i was you i would go for the old blood n guts split

chest/biceps
    legs
    off
    shoulders/triceps
    back
    off
    repeat

just keep at it bro you can be a monster.

jjfman is offline Associate Member
    not necessary to say the couch potatoe bit. use jackass comments like this as motivation anytime u feel low in the gym just say that in your head and get annngrrryyy then lift!!

id say get a good diet going and grow natural mate.
    good luck

oldschoolfitness is offline Associate Member
    dude you got a good lean build, but you need to bulk you will look ten times better than cutting. besides what are going to cut? you have muscle so build it keep the test and drop the other 500mg/wk should be plenty. if you are going to cycle that is your choice, but get the most out of your body naturally first and cycle results will be a whole lot better. besides why be in such a hurry.

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    you cant cut if you don't have size... you need to bulk first my friend....

hard gainers = not enough food

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    congrats on the hard work. dont listen to guys like lovbyts,

i think ur doing good man, ur a tall guy and its hard to pack on the pounds..focus on the diet, and eating to gain...i think u should tweak ur training before u cycle, but i see no issues with u cycling now...
    takes alot of courage to post pics, to bad it doesnt take shit to put someone down...

look forward to seeing you grow big man...

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    OK Im not trying to be a dick but what have you been hitting hard the last 4 years? Your chest has very little size or definition. Your arms have almost no curvature/size/muscle peak. Last year your abs looked a little better but they are non existent now.

Dont think about doing a cycle yet. Do more with the diet and training. You have ton of natural potential and size you should be able to acquire before doing any aas.

Sorry if that seems harsh but it's what I see.
    Best advice ive got yet about doing AAS. I like your attitude, so its kinda inspiring...Makes we want to try harder...Which honestly i think i could becuase ive yet to plateau in size or strength.

Its just that im becoming impatient, i want to be bigger and stronger NOW.

... I may put it off for a while who knows.... maybe next year this time ill be much improved

ps: thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post
    you guys gotta realize when someone is almost 6 and a half feet tall they will have a hard time looking like a lifter who is 5 foot 8 proportion wise, even though they are working just as hard. im not saying yea or nay to cycling but cut the kid some slack, and keep that in mind when judging his physique.
    that being said, donberry i dont like your split, why chest and back on the same day?

chest/biceps
    legs
    off
    shoulders/triceps
    back
    off
    repeat

To be honest i run the level 2 advanced split in arnolds encyclopedia. I understand that there is possibly better ways to attack my muscles but honestly this works pretty well. It feels very synergistic. Like while im doing chest and back i have some of the sickest pumps...i love it. same goes with doing arms and shoulders on the same day. Sure i may be "weaker" because i just did chest and back but honestly im not that much weaker. I just make sure to take the right amount of time resting. I find thats the key with my split.

... But maybe in the future ill devise a new plan and run it your way. Thanks for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by jjfman View Post
    not necessary to say the couch potatoe bit. use jackass comments like this as motivation anytime u feel low in the gym just say that in your head and get annngrrryyy then lift!!
    id say get a good diet going and grow natural mate.
    good luck
    haha i feel ya man... I def take alot of stress out on the weights or the heavybag

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfitness View Post
    dude you got a good lean build, but you need to bulk you will look ten times better than cutting. besides what are going to cut? you have muscle so build it keep the test and drop the other 500mg/wk should be plenty. if you are going to cycle that is your choice, but get the most out of your body naturally first and cycle results will be a whole lot better. besides why be in such a hurry.
    Yeah im thinking i could up my cals from 3700 to say 4500-5000. Maybe thats what im doing wrong. im not eating enough! lol who woulda thought someone my size wouldnt eat enough lol

Quote Originally Posted by OH REALLY View Post
    you cant cut if you don't have size... you need to bulk first my friend....

hard gainers = not enough food
    Wise words...thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post
    congrats on the hard work. dont listen to guys like lovbyts, he is more interested in kids...sick fvck...

i think ur doing good man, ur a tall guy and its hard to pack on the pounds..focus on the diet, and eating to gain...i think u should tweak ur training before u cycle, but i see no issues with u cycling now...
    takes alot of courage to post pics, to bad it doesnt take shit to put someone down...

look forward to seeing you grow big man...
    Thanks man I appreciate you not reeming me a new one...you made me feel good about myself and my hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post

chest/biceps
    legs
    off
    shoulders/triceps
    back
    off
    repeat

Forgot to add about me being tall...

Me personally its tuff because i have a 83" wingspan. thats 6'11. It used to be tuff for me to hit heavy weight on the bench or shoulder press. But ive learned no pain no gain, so i hit it harddddd.

I dont think people who are shorter and with shorter wingspans really understand what its like. ....the shit is 10 times as hard to lift

Quote Originally Posted by donberry427 View Post
    Best advice ive got yet about doing AAS. I like your attitude, so its kinda inspiring...Makes we want to try harder...Which honestly i think i could becuase ive yet to plateau in size or strength.

Its just that im becoming impatient, i want to be bigger and stronger NOW.

... I may put it off for a while who knows.... maybe next year this time ill be much improved

ps: thanks for the advice
    Great. I'm glad it was not taken wrong. You have a lot to work with and you can really benefit from a lot of the knowledge from different people on here. Some people seem to have their own agenda and some are just a$$holes, you will learn which ones to avoid.

It's ultimately up to you on if/when you decide to cycle but make sure you really learn/know the pros and cons before you do. Not just the short term gains.

congratulation.

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    we are here for you

xMRxCOMPLETEx is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donberry427 View Post
    Yeah im thinking i could up my cals from 3700 to say 4500-5000. Maybe thats what im doing wrong. im not eating enough! lol who woulda thought someone my size wouldnt eat enough lol

Wise words...thank you

Thanks man I appreciate you not reeming me a new one...you made me feel good about myself and my hard work.
    Def up the calories. 3700 isnt gonna put any mass on you. Id get up to 5000 if I were you.

Im taking in 4800-5000 a day and im 6'1.5 231

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference

no need for coments like this!!!

mate just keep plodding away and keep your head up, you def look like you work out.maybe change up your diet and training for better results..........any way good luck in your goals..

Quote Originally Posted by xMRxCOMPLETEx View Post
    Def up the calories. 3700 isnt gonna put any mass on you. Id get up to 5000 if I were you.

Im taking in 4800-5000 a day and im 6'1.5 231
    I hear ya... Its just tuff to take in 5000 clean cals. I put on weight fast, especialy fat (if i eat alot of fat). ...I guess i could check out the diet section and get some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Great. I'm glad it was not taken wrong. You have a lot to work with and you can really benefit from a lot of the knowledge from different people on here. Some people seem to have their own agenda and some are just a$$holes, you will learn which ones to avoid.

It's ultimately up to you on if/when you decide to cycle but make sure you really learn/know the pros and cons before you do. Not just the short term gains.

congratulation.
    Please explain...

I know about the greater risk of osteoporosis, ED, tendonitus, cardiovascular disease, heart/liver/kidney damage etc.... What else?

Edit: I dont plan to cycle as freq as most who use. I really only want to cycle a few times at most, Just enough to push me over the top.

Thread Information