bostonball is offline New Member

To run the cycle or not?

Whats up all, new here 24y/o male.. figured i'd bite the bullet and expose myself!! Little history first..

Training bodybuilding style in late high school, making same typical rookie mistakes and really not gaining anything but newbie gains.. was about 185 lbs.

Got hooked up with a great strength and conditioning coach and dialed in my diet, was down to 165 lbs, abs were showing.. all the good stuff, but really didn't like being so small.

After not being able to afford the s+c coach I went back to 185. About a year ago I decided to put on some mass. I started powerlifting and eating. As you can see from the pics, I ate a ton!! Mostly clean, around 5k cals. I exploded to 255 lbs, and lifts when through the roof. Current pics I am 237 lbs and still dieting. I've never run anything before but now I'm strongly considering my first cycle in order to cut down this bf and maintain strength/size. Would it be foolish to jump into a cycle now since I could clearly stand to lose some bf first? Or safe to go into it now?

Thanks all..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails To run the cycle or not?-mikepicone.jpg   To run the cycle or not?-mikepicfour.jpg   To run the cycle or not?-mikepicfive.jpg  

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    from the pics yes, it does like you ate a ton. you are NOT ready for a cycle. your bodyfat is way too high. you need to stay natural and diet down to 8-10% bf b4 considering cycling ANYTHING. go to the diet section on this site, post the same pics n stats and they will help you.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    yeah you should cut down first, the highest I recommend anyone starting is 15%, but the lower the better

I'll def head over to the diet section then, thanks for the feedback boys...

Another question then.

I totally left the bodybuilding side of things and went to grow and get strong. Which I did, but clearly gained a lot of bodyfat.

In terms of a workout.. Would you guys suggest I stick with the kind of routine im on now? More sprints and heavy lifting days (nothing above 5 reps) and switch the diet up? Or go to some kind of more traditional bb routine?

I left the bb routines cus I never got much in terms of results.. Maybe now that I've gained some actual strength and mass I would benefit more from a bb routine?

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    hey bud this would be a great place to start So you wanna learn how to Diet?

Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    hey bud this would be a great place to start So you wanna learn how to Diet?
    thx bj.. already headed over and made a diet based on the stickies.. gonna start a log and post after pics after 4 weeks.

Off topic, but how u feelin bout bj's rematch with frankie? Hope he kills it.. bj is the shit.

DvllsnRRT is offline New Member
    I'm in your boat Bostonball. I was 32ish% brought to 16 over four months.. Still want to get down to 10-12 before I start.. but it's that last bit that seems to take the most out of me..

Jackhouse is offline New Member
    No offence bro but for powerlifting, your back/ forearms/ chest do not look that thick. I train with many elite power lifters with high body fat percentages but you can tell they are "thick" even though they have no definition. Personally I think you have a long way to go before you consider running a cycle. Best of luck with your goals though!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I agree with all the rest - nowhere NEAR ready for a cycle. You need to learn about dieting and nutrition before you even think about it. It's hard to tell with the bodyfat covering, but it doesn't look like you have much of a muscle base either (no offense).

See you over in the diet section!

Thread Information