Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member

Delt/Arm ratio (Pictures)

I have always struggled with arms. I am also 6'2" which makes my arms look bad enough anyway. My arms are a hair over 17" and when compared to my delts, they look VERY small. In my opinion, my delts are dwarfing my arms and its frustrating.

I am training DC currently, but when I finish my blast, I want to make changes to make the delt and arm ratio more symetrical. Before DC Training, my shoulder workout was very short and sweet, far from overtraining.

I was doing:
    4 Military Press
    3 Side Laterals
    2 Reverse Pec Dec
    (Not including shrugs)

When I switch back to basic training should I just stop doing all types of miltary presses for a few weeks and just stick to side laterals (My miltary presses are my strongest lifts 225lbs x 8-10 reps)? Should I just skip doing shoulders all together for x amount of weeks? I would really really like to get my arms in proportion...Thanks for the help in advanced.

The following pictures were taken recently, about 248lbs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delt/Arm ratio (Pictures)-mirror.jpg  
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 12-15-2012 at 02:47 AM.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    I wouldn't go as far as not training all heads of the Deltoid entirely, but giving a break from shoulder presses or any isolation work on the front fibers would be okay. I'd suggest lightly train the side and rear fibers while focusing bringing up the arms.

What does your bi/tri routine currently look like? How often do you train them a week? From those pictures, you are dead on proportion difference. People would kill to have your cannonball delts bro.

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ur triceps look like they are lagging more than your biceps. show us your current routine. i never liked DC training, you get strength from it but i never saw people make dramatic gains (size wise), but if u see results then by all means continue!

are you on any AAS? if so you can train arms twice a week every 3 or 4 weeks. for arms you shouldnt worry about how MUCH you can lift but feeling the contraction and getting as much blood into your arms as possible.

my routine is as follows:

pushdowns
    skull crushers
    barbell curl
    preacher curl
    hammer curl

thats it. 3 sets each 8-12reps. i get a nasty pump and then stretch then leave. just started this routine about 3 weeks ago and i def notice changes.

the big 1 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    your lack in arm development is more likely due to the attachments of your biceps to your elbow joint, you dont have that long belly, and niether do i !!! but i would say not training delts to counteract this would be a bad idea !!! you have great delts and arms so dont worry so much about you actuall biceps and concentrate more on the arms foundation muscles like the brachiallis and long head of the triceps....this will create an overall thicker appearance to your arms amd make them look bigger and more muscular...also, im betting you have great peak on those bis, people with shorter biceps always do, like myself !!!

also, prioritizing arms is a good move, try having a days rest before and after you train them, or train them first out of all other muscles to make sure your as strong as possible when you hit them...
    Last edited by the big 1; 07-24-2010 at 01:30 PM.

I am on my 7th week of my DC blast, but before that, my split looked like this:

M:Chest
    T: Back
    W:Legs
    Th: Shoulders/Traps
    F: Triceps/Biceps/Forearms
    Sat:Rest
    Sun: Rest

I would do an A and B work out for arms and rotate each week:
    A.)
    4 Sets CGB x 6-8.
    3 Weighted Dips x 6-8
    3 Rope Push Downs x 10-12
    3 Sets Standing BB Curls x 8
    3 Sets Preacher Curls x 8

B.)
    4 Sets Reverse Grip Bench
    3 Sets Skull Crushers
    3 Sets DB Over The Head
    3 Sets Seated DB Curls
    3 Sets Hammer Curls.

...I would also hit 2 or 3 sets of biceps after back day and 2 or 3 sets of triceps after chest day.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ****** View Post
    I am on my 7th week of my DC blast, but before that, my split looked like this:

M:Chest
    T: Back
    W:Legs
    Th: Shoulders/Traps
    F: Triceps/Biceps/Forearms
    Sat:Rest
    Sun: Rest

I would do an A and B work out for arms and rotate each week:
    A.)
    4 Sets CGB x 6-8.
    3 Weighted Dips x 6-8
    3 Rope Push Downs x 10-12
    3 Sets Standing BB Curls x 8
    3 Sets Preacher Curls x 8

B.)
    4 Sets Reverse Grip Bench
    3 Sets Skull Crushers
    3 Sets DB Over The Head
    3 Sets Seated DB Curls
    3 Sets Hammer Curls.

...I would also hit 2 or 3 sets of biceps after back day and 2 or 3 sets of triceps after chest day.
    that doesnt look very much like dc to me ? were are the rest pauses ? also, dc is based on 1 exercise per muscle group...trained every 4th day...

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    If you aren't on the juice, I'd say training arms on your chest and back day, including a day dedicated to strictly arms would lead into over-training. Thus a lack of growth. One arm day is good enough. You are already getting enough recruitment for your bi's and tri's while training back and chest considering they are the secondary muscle group being used.

Quote Originally Posted by vishus View Post
    ur triceps look like they are lagging more than your biceps. show us your current routine. i never liked DC training, you get strength from it but i never saw people make dramatic gains (size wise), but if u see results then by all means continue!

are you on any AAS? if so you can train arms twice a week every 3 or 4 weeks. for arms you shouldnt worry about how MUCH you can lift but feeling the contraction and getting as much blood into your arms as possible.

my routine is as follows:

pushdowns
    skull crushers
    barbell curl
    preacher curl
    hammer curl

thats it. 3 sets each 8-12reps. i get a nasty pump and then stretch then leave. just started this routine about 3 weeks ago and i def notice changes.
    You're correct my friend. I have such a hard time getting any mass on my triceps. I'm cursed, my whole family has wide ass lats, massive delts, nice bicep peak, but no effing triceps!!! I apperciate the feedback. I will give your tri workout a shot after this DC Blast...thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by the big 1 View Post
    that doesnt look very much like dc to me ? were are the rest pauses ? also, dc is based on 1 exercise per muscle group...trained every 4th day...
    I know it's not even close to a DC split....That was my split before DC.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    If you aren't on the juice, I'd say training arms on your chest and back day, including a day dedicated to strictly arms would lead into over-training. Thus a lack of growth. One arm day is good enough. You are already getting enough recruitment for your bi's and tri's while training back and chest considering they are the secondary muscle group being used.
    I'm crusining on a low dose of test and some Var. When I hit a good bulking cycle this fall, I will really start nailing the arms after chest and back also.

your lack in arm development is more likely due to the attachments of your biceps to your elbow joint, you dont have that long belly, and niether do i !!! but i would say not training delts to counteract this would be a bad idea !!! you have great delts and arms so dont worry so much about you actuall biceps and concentrate more on the arms foundation muscles like the brachiallis and long head of the triceps....this will create an overall thicker appearance to your arms amd make them look bigger and more muscular...also, im betting you have great peak on those bis, people with shorter biceps always do, like myself !!!

also, prioritizing arms is a good move, try having a days rest before and after you train them, or train them first out of all other muscles to make sure your as strong as possible when you hit them...

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing about having a short bicep..I have a pretty nasty peak when I cover up my delt, lol. 17" arms on a dude my height (6'2") look like shit. Nothing you can do about genetics, but I agree with you, shorter biceps = better peak most of the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delt/Arm ratio (Pictures)-synth-1.jpg  

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Your bicep isnt that bad, I would work on your tricep its 2/3rds of your arm so if you want big arms develop the tri's lot more.

Blog Entries
    I know it's not even close to a DC split....That was my split before DC.
    ok mate...

ok mate...
    Here is part of my current DC Split (regarding Arms and Shoulders)

Shoulders
    1A-Hammer Shoulder Press
    2A-Upright Row
    3A-Standing Military

Triceps
    1A-DB Over The Head
    2A-Close Grip (Smith)
    3A-Reverse Grip (Smith)

Biceps
    1B- Standing BB Curls
    2B- Preacher Curls
    3B- Hammer Curls

shortybrolick is offline Associate Member
    My opinion: your bicep is fine and agree you should bring up the Tris.

Blog Entries
    Here is part of my current DC Split (regarding Arms and Shoulders)

Shoulders
    1A-Hammer Shoulder Press
    2A-Upright Row
    3A-Standing Military

Triceps
    1A-DB Over The Head
    2A-Close Grip (Smith)
    3A-Reverse Grip (Smith)

Biceps
    1B- Standing BB Curls
    2B- Preacher Curls
    3B- Hammer Curls
    looks good mate... i got really thick and strong on dc/hit style training, but after a while the joint pain and CNS fatique washed me out, im now on moderate volume/moderate to high intensity training, ile cycle DC or HIT again soon though...

have you heard of INTENSE MUSCLE . COM its the official site with all the inventors like dante trudel etc...

gonnagetmebigger is offline Junior Member
    bi's looking good, a little more work on the tri's. i never really feel a burn after ti's training so ive just started doing skull crushers, started really like to get the form and my tri's were killing the next day.

^Yeah, triceps have always been a very very weak point for me. It's really not in the genetics. Oddly enough, my triceps are very strong. I can close grip 275 x 8 and reverse grip 250 x 8 for freeweight. I am going to try skulls again. It seems like the only time I really got a tricep "burn" was when I did Jm Presses and DB Over The Head.

NMacFar is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Your bicep isnt that bad, I would work on your tricep its 2/3rds of your arm so if you want big arms develop the tri's lot more.
    I could not agree more. Your bi's don'y seem bad at all. You need to start some skull crushersssssssss and pop those damn tri's out!

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    hey brotha! Here's my tri routine..... mine WOULD NOT grow until I started doing this..... just throwin it out there for yah.

warm up with cables

- straight bar cable push down supersetted with close grip bench - 3 sets

- triangle bar cable push down x 3 sets

- underhand cable pull down super setted with dips x 3 sets

Normally I don't think a lot of people blast their tri's because they're a small muscle but after trying many many things..... this routine helped rocket me to 18 1/4" this year.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I started hitting my tris a lot harder after my chest workout. I never really worked them before but noticed they were lagging. My routine is about like Haz's. Rather than the straight bar push downs i do skull crushers and superset it with close grip. It worked for me.

Thread Information