Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BIGMAC250 is offline Associate Member

pic me apart and let me know what i need to work on

25 y/o
    6'1''
    bf: too much

whats up fellas..just want to know what parts im lagging in besides the obvious high bf. my main focus as of now is just getting more lbm before i decide to get rid of the chub. i know my bf is high so if you cant really say than i understand. my personal opinion other than my bf is that my arms are not big enough, but im already fousing on them. my chest will start to come around soon since i finally started pushing decent weight again and my rear delts need some tlc and as far as my back just dont know what to think....my main goal as of now is to have noticeable lbm considering my high bf, but im here for some input and some advice on what i can do to help get my upper body more balanced.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	108823Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	108824Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37478_145419848804301_100000088616279_417276_7361852_n.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	108825Click image for larger version. 

Name:	38154_145418745471078_100000088616279_417211_4349059_n.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	108826Click image for larger version. 

Name:	112.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	25.1 KB 
ID:	108828

ide really like to hit 265-270 while either slowly dropping the bf or at worst leave it where it is and cut down down to 230-240 depending on how im looking....well it all yours, tear me to peices.
    Last edited by BIGMAC250; 07-26-2010 at 12:42 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    what's your exercise routine look like?

its actually about to change up a bit, but my split has been:

day1:
    bis-barbell curl, seated dumbell curl, hammer curls and preacher curls 4 sets of 6-8 for each...ill do a drop set during dumbell curls
    tris: close grip bench, overhead extentions, straight bar pressdowns and bench dips

day2:
    legs-squats, leg press, leg extentions, leg curls, toe presses (comes out to around 24 sets total

day3: off (cardio)

day4:
    back- wide grip pull-ups, barbell rows, lat pulldowns, lat press, close grip cable rows, reverse flys and barbell and dumbell shrugs
    bis- preacher curls and a superset of ezbar cable curls and rope hammer curls (all are 3 sets of 20)

day5:
    chest- flat bench, decline bench, incline chest flys/press, and normal chest flys
    tris- dips til failure, superset of straight bar pressdowns and rope pressdowns (3 sets of 20)
    day6: off

day7:
    shoulders- cheating military presses, front raises, lateral raises, and bent over lateral raises (usually in a triset), reverse flys, and dumbell shrugs.

ill be adding on or replacing some excercises with deadlifts, skull crushers, incline curls, overhead db presses, kickbacks, upright rows, behind the back shrugs, and whatever may be suggested or i think of to switch things up some
    Last edited by BIGMAC250; 07-26-2010 at 01:42 PM.

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    From what i understood from that you are planning on bulking?

I wouldnt bulk right now. Cut then lean bulk

to be honest with you...its almost impossible for me to eat they way i need to in order to stick with a cutting diet...between school work and trying to get to the gym before it closes...it would effect me way to much with the calorie reduction and on top of that i i have ahard enough time going to sleep at night...lack of sleep + lack of cals x school 4 days a week + work as a chef 6 days a week = me ****ing up in school, work and the diet...lol...i would love to cut down, but ive gotta take the reality of my life for another 8 months and do what i can with it. i dont eat too bad though a lot of chx breast, wing, drumsticks, fish, eggs, lean beef, brown rice, veg, some fruit, little to no bread or pasta, natty pb, proshakes, cottage cheese, black beans. hell if im on the go and forget to grab some grub i can atleast stop and grab a grilled chix sand or grilled chicken wrap....i just know me and right now ide screw it up....im not trying to make excuses im just tellin the truth. thanx for the input though bro

bump

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    id get shot of the b/f, keep your weights at just enuf to maintain strength/size ( three day split, one compound and two assistant). when youve cut the bf get a good clean diet made up and bulk, you can manage the bf quite easily then thru cardio and your diet.

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    yes your arms are lagging (triceps espcially), need upper pecs, need to see LEG SHOTS, back looks fairly decent from the photos (hard to tell with shirt on though), shoulders look up to par, main priority should be to LEAN DOWN, forget adding lbm, how can you tell when your that fat? trust me, it is MUCH MUCH EASIER to add LEAN MASS when you are LEAN, not when you have high BF. cut down first, then consider a mass building regime, mostly get diet in check and also follow a STRICT cardio schdule

thanx for the words guys...to be honest with you i finally found time to get back in the gym about 4 months ago. before that i was not in a good place both mentally and physically. i wasnt eating, wasnt sleeping, working crazy hrs, going to school, and all in all fighting some serious depression. getting back in the gym deff helped me out and has me feeling 110% better both mentally and physically. i still have the same schedule and crazy work hrs and im honestly not mentally ready to cut. after months maybe a year and a half of eating only one shit meal a day i dwindled away to being that skinny fat guy...lol. even though i am feeling a lot better i dont think im mentally prepared to stick with a cutting diet and stick with it. no excuse just the truth. im even taking time off from school so i can focus more on getting myself back together. if i didnt work as a chef in a restaurant i might be able to hack it right now, but im constantly around to many temptations all day long. i have no doubt i will be able to stick with a nice cutting regime in the future its just that right now im more or less trying to rehabilate my mind..if you can understand what im trying to say. as for my legs...i know for a fact they need work thats why i didnt even bother posting a pic...heres my back with no shirt...and again i know ive got a good bit of bf but it is slowly coming off.

Name:	GetAttachment11.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	108893Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GetAttachment33.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	22.7 KB 
ID:	108894

shortybrolick is offline Associate Member
    You got thickness, You know what you gotta do bro.. Happy to hear your getting through those tough times-- Stay strong

BignBig is offline Junior Member
    Definitely, there is a lot of muscle behind those layer of fat.
    The chest is definitely lagging behind the rest of your upper body

Quote Originally Posted by shortybrolick View Post
    You got thickness, You know what you gotta do bro.. Happy to hear your getting through those tough times-- Stay strong
    Quote Originally Posted by BignBig View Post
    Definitely, there is a lot of muscle behind those layer of fat.
    The chest is definitely lagging behind the rest of your upper body
    thanx to both of you guys...i kinda already knew the chest was lagging, but i dont have anyone to train with so i havent been pushing myself as hard as i want to untill a few days ago. i grew a set and decided to say **** it and luckily i was able to push some decent weight again. it wasnt nothing like i used to be able to, but i gotta start somewhere. so lets see what happens in the next month or so. hopefully the next set of pics i post up ill be showing a lil bit of improvement....thanx again

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    slim down drop body fat too 10 to 12 persent then, all muscle with a clean diet...

dont worry about weight as much as how you look, then start to get some goals on the size of you chest, around your shoulder and arms... (thinking these might be some goals you have)

my goals was to keep less than 14 persent and hit 260 lbs... i did it now time to harden up ... see pics in my prfile

any ways keep us posted

any idea what my bf could be around...im thinking in the mid to high 20s

and what do you think my bf is in these older pics of me from about 2 years ago, because ultimatly this is where i want to get back to eventually

Name:	IMG00285.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	108905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00295.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	108906Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00289.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	294.1 KB 
ID:	108907Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitledoldme.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	108908

nothing special but it was thefirst time in my life i was actually looking decent...lol..hell it might give a better idea of what lies beneith all the chub too..lol

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles12 View Post
    From what i understood from that you are planning on bulking?

I wouldnt bulk right now. Cut then lean bulk
    I am gonna have to agree with Noles here.

Find a way to make it work and cut that fat. Trying to add mass right now then going into a cut in the future might depress you as you see how skinny you can get. I looked very similar to you when I was 250lbs at 6'1. That was just over a year ago. Today I am 187lbs and it shocked me how small I got.

Go for the cut first you'll be so much happier when you achieve your goals.

My 2 cents

Good Luck either way!

BIGB is offline Associate Member
    why does every one always say lean out and add lean muscle mass, you don't grow unless you eat a tone and not everyone can just put on lean mass, and not everyone on here is juicen it. GEEEEEEES

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGB View Post
    why does every one always say lean out and add lean muscle mass, you don't grow unless you eat a tone and not everyone can just put on lean mass, and not everyone on here is juicen it. GEEEEEEES
    ^^ What???

I think you need to rethink your statement.

Matter of fact, none of it makes any sense... I mean you ask "Why does everyone always say lean out" If everyone is saying it, there must be something to it.... kinda why everyone says you shouldn't smoke cigarettes.... There is a reason for it.
    Last edited by Bertuzzi; 07-28-2010 at 02:56 PM.

ha ha i have tried didn't go so well for me. maybe if i want to put on a pound a every 5 months but to put on good size you get a little of both.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I agree with all the above telling you to drop the bodyfat first. Trying to add more muscle now would be a huge mistake IMO, and will make cutting that much more difficult, and that much more of a chance to LOSE LMB while cutting.

I keep telling people over and over how I started trying to bulk when I was around 15% (which is WAY lower than you in your current pics) and regret it; i'll never try again until i'm somewhere around 10%, DEFINITELY not higher than 12. People like you and me clearly have the tendency to put on bodyfat, just bad genetics as far as that goes. I guarantee you that if you continue focusing on adding muscle, you will keep adding fat (not saying you won't also add muscle) and be very unhappy. Just my .02, whatever you decide, good luck bro.

as you guys can clearly see from the first 3 pics below im no stranger to being over weight...im not sure if it makes a difference or not, but those pics are from years of eating like absolute shit and a lot of it. my current situation is from around 1.5 years of eating only one maybe 2 shit meals a day, a lot of sugary drinks and little to no excercise. my body went into shut down mode for the most part. now please tell me if im wrong, but from my understanding my body stored every little but of food it could in the form of fat because it didnt know when it was gonna get its next meal and whatever lbm i had dwindled away at the same time. am i wrong when im thinking that hitting a complete 180 with my lifestyle change is going to lead to the loss of bf and increase my lbm. im just trying to capitalize on my current situation, but like i said...my thoughts could be wrong. i wish i had pics from a few months ago before i started to go to the gym again, unfortunitaly i cant find any that are worth while. btw, the last pic is an after pic and i was very happy with what i had then. im probably more satisfied with that than most would be due to the fact that ive been over weight my whole life and in the end thats all that matters. granted im one of those people that believes in the excellance theory..."if it aint broke,you can always make it better" i was very happy with what i transformed to.

Name:	100_0294.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	558.5 KB 
ID:	108952Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0299.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	584.3 KB 
ID:	108953Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0296.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	108954Click image for larger version. 

Views:	158 
ID:	108955

on another note, ide like to appologize for not explaining myself as well as my way of thinking good enough. hell i may as well post my diet too so here it is off the top of my head...i appologize for not posting macros, but im sure yall can get a good enough idea just off of seeing what im eating.

meal1: 2 scoop proshake(in water) and 2 tbsp natty pb
    meal2: 4 whole eggs + 2 or 4 whites and either oats or a peice of fruit
    meal3: 8-10 oz chx breast with green beans or broccoli and 2 tbsp olive oil
    meal4: tilapia, tuna w/ mustard, or chx breast with 1 c. brown rice w/blackbeans, gbp, onions, garlic and some olive oil
    meal5: 2 scoop proshake(in water) w/ natty pb and an apple or orange
    gym time
    meal6: (pwo) 2scoop shake with 2% milk
    meal7: about 8oz tilapia with green beans and 2 tbsp olive oil
    meal8: 1c. cottage cheese and 2tbsp natty pb

again...i appologize for not posting the macros, but im just trying to get back on the right track with food selection and staying consistant. ive been told on here a thousand times, "rome wasnt built in a day" and im just trying to apply that mentality by taking baby steps to get back on the right track and stay there.
    Last edited by BIGMAC250; 07-28-2010 at 06:16 PM.

diet looks clean, stick to it and stay focused during your training sessions. good luck

gettingthere is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGMAC250 View Post
    on another note, ide like to appologize for not explaining myself as well as my way of thinking good enough. hell i may as well post my diet too so here it is off the top of my head...i appologize for not posting macros, but im sure yall can get a good enough idea just off of seeing what im eating.

meal1: 2 scoop proshake(in water) and 2 tbsp natty pb - i dont think you should have the pb here, id keep it for later in the day, it would be better for hole foods instead of a shake
    meal2: 4 whole eggs + 2 or 4 whites and either oats or a peice of fruit - Skip the fruit here i think, i go with 6 whites to 2 yolks
    meal3: 8-10 oz chx breast with green beans or broccoli and 2 tbsp olive oil - add in some good carbs here, good with the veggies but some carbs should be added
    meal4: tilapia, tuna w/ mustard, or chx breast with 1 c. brown rice w/blackbeans, gbp, onions, garlic and some olive oil - not bad
    meal5: 2 scoop proshake(in water) w/ natty pb and an apple or orange - NO NO NO, no shake just before training, not needed or wanted, also take out the pb, theres an alternative
    gym time
    meal6: (pwo) 2scoop shake with 2% milk - Try and ad in some oats here
    meal7: about 8oz tilapia with green beans and 2 tbsp olive oil
    meal8: 1c. cottage cheese and 2tbsp natty pb - if you can get some casein protein then its pretty good, nice slow releasing protein

again...i appologize for not posting the macros, but im just trying to get back on the right track with food selection and staying consistant. ive been told on here a thousand times, "rome wasnt built in a day" and im just trying to apply that mentality by taking baby steps to get back on the right track and stay there.

Mate, in bold iv just put some pointers in there, please dont take what i have as the complete right way to do this, its just a pointer for a start, gbrice and all the vets are more exerienced and have more knowledge than me!!! They helped me get on the right path and continue to help me, and the good thing is i know im on the right track because of them!!

As i said someone else will give you more detailed help, but i thought id make a few pointers....good luck my friend

^^^ not to flame u bro but his meal 5 is fine is he wait 30m-45min after his shake (yes u were right about the pb), i do it all the time just make sure u wait that time so u wont get sick.

also: your meal 8, cut out the PB, ur gonna be sh1tting soft serve pb on this diet with all the pb haha cottage cheese IS casein, just have that, it already has a little fat in it

Quote Originally Posted by vishus View Post
    ^^^ not to flame u bro but his meal 5 is fine is he wait 30m-45min after his shake (yes u were right about the pb), i do it all the time just make sure u wait that time so u wont get sick.

also: your meal 8, cut out the PB, ur gonna be sh1tting soft serve pb on this diet with all the pb haha cottage cheese IS casein, just have that, it already has a little fat in it
    No worries mate, i just thought maybe he has too many shakes in his diet, but you have more experience than me, just my 2 cents, no problem

no worries...thanks for all the input and yes i do have meal five about 30-45 mins before the gym and about an hr after meal 4. lol...i have noticed the soft serve so ill deff keep that in mind especially for meal 8.

does anyone disagree with my way of thinking when it comes to my thoughts on the 180 with my lifestyle changes and what i expect from that, as well as cleaning up my diet and atleast making the right choices with my food. cause if my thoughts are wrong i would really like to know,but i do understand that if my thoughts are right the progress will eventually stop and i will need to be more precise and really dial things in.
    Last edited by BIGMAC250; 07-28-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Man eating a cleaner diet free of simple sugar high protein full of good fats and carbs you will fell better drop some fat and notice a total difference i like your thinking you don't need to crunch numbers stick to healthy choices and follow it, hit the gym as you wanted to and good things will happen everyone will try to tell you this or that but what you got planned is perfect one step at a time.

B

CMB
    CMB is offline Senior Member
    I would work on getting that body fat down.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    definitely cut first, no question about it.
    good work so far, you will look much larger once you cut.

Hey, not being a dick, but it seems like you're not going to be happy until we tell you "yea bro, go for the bulk! You'll look GREAT in a few months!!!". I say this because regardless of the dozens of people suggesting you cut and drop bodyfat, this keeps coming back to you sort of trying to 'convince' us that you should bulk.

There's a reason everybody is suggesting you cut. There are alot of good guys here who know their $hit, and some who have been in the exact boat you are. Why not use their mistakes to your advantage instead of having to make them yourself? We all want big muscles tomorrow; this is a way of life, not a quick fix. If you get your bodyfat down, it'll be much easier to gain LBM AND maintain it vs. gaining more LBM and fat (which you absolutely WILL) and then trying to cut.

You came here for opinions, and you have them - and it's unanimous - DROP THE BODYFAT FIRST!

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Hey, not being a dick, but it seems like you're not going to be happy until we tell you "yea bro, go for the bulk! You'll look GREAT in a few months!!!". I say this because regardless of the dozens of people suggesting you cut and drop bodyfat, this keeps coming back to you sort of trying to 'convince' us that you should bulk.

There's a reason everybody is suggesting you cut. There are alot of good guys here who know their $hit, and some who have been in the exact boat you are. Why not use their mistakes to your advantage instead of having to make them yourself? We all want big muscles tomorrow; this is a way of life, not a quick fix. If you get your bodyfat down, it'll be much easier to gain LBM AND maintain it vs. gaining more LBM and fat (which you absolutely WILL) and then trying to cut.

You came here for opinions, and you have them - and it's unanimous - DROP THE BODYFAT FIRST!
    Excellent advise, mate listen to this its the truth!! when i started my log i wanted to bulk and thought thatd even out some of the fat i had, i did have huge amounts of fat but i still needed to cut some!!

I know u might be afraid that if you cut your arms/shoulders will look smaller, but the rest of your body will be getting in shape which will in fact make your amrs/shoulder/back look better and bigger, trust me

im not trying to convince my self or anyone of anything. i am not purposely trying to bulk up nor am i in a rush. im not trying to argue with anybody either...im just here trying to figure it out. im simply just trying to get into the whole lifestyle change and stay with it. i used to eat shit food my whole life when i was at my heaviest and i seriously fell off this past year or so. all ive been saying is that with just changing my eating habits drasticly i am assuming that i will lose some bodyfat and gain some lbm just from the change in diet as well as getting back in the gym religously and sticking with it as well as cardio. i was under the impression that i got fat from eating shit carbs, high fat meals, and just straight bullshit. what would have happened to me if i actually ate rite from the get go....i probably would have been a good bit more muscular and less fat....that is just my way of thinking, if it dont make sense i will try to explain again...but im not trying to convience anybody of anything.

i guess im just trying to hit an equilibriam to where where i can make the decision to just cut or lean bulk....i dunno it seems like what ever i say im not gonna make sense or somebody will get frustrated
    Last edited by BIGMAC250; 07-29-2010 at 10:31 AM.

can somebody explain to me what will happen if i hit a complete 180 with my diet and training....going from shit food and no training to eating much better and training like an animal???? thats probably the question i should have asked in the first place.

can somebody explain to me what will happen if i hit a complete 180 with my diet and training....going from shit food and no training to eating much better and training like an animal???? thats probably the question i should have asked in the first place.
    I do understand what you're asking now, and nobody is getting frustrated. We're here to help, and you're here for help.

To answer your question, I think you'll go from looking like a fat guy to looking like an average guy. Look around you and take note of what the 'average' guy looks like; fine in clothes, skinny fat with clothes off.

No doubt that changing your diet will help you drop some weight. The composition of the lost weight is dependent on your diet and training. I ate like shit for 10 years and blew up to 255lbs at 5'11. I sort of did what you're talking about here. I simply ate less, and much more health conscious (but NOTHING compared to how I eat now that i'm knowledgeable about diet) - I lost a ton of weight, actually got down to about 195lbs - and I wasn't happy with the way I looked.

If I had done it correctly from the start, I could have gotten down to that same 195lbs but my body composition would have been much different and I would have looked much better.

Again, this is your body, and if trial and error is what it takes for you to learn, so be it - most of us are like that including myself. Best of luck to you, keep us posted with your progress.

I do understand what you're asking now, and nobody is getting frustrated. We're here to help, and you're here for help.

To answer your question, I think you'll go from looking like a fat guy to looking like an average guy. Look around you and take note of what the 'average' guy looks like; fine in clothes, skinny fat with clothes off.

No doubt that changing your diet will help you drop some weight. The composition of the lost weight is dependent on your diet and training. I ate like shit for 10 years and blew up to 255lbs at 5'11. I sort of did what you're talking about here. I simply ate less, and much more health conscious (but NOTHING compared to how I eat now that i'm knowledgeable about diet) - I lost a ton of weight, actually got down to about 195lbs - and I wasn't happy with the way I looked.

If I had done it correctly from the start, I could have gotten down to that same 195lbs but my body composition would have been much different and I would have looked much better.

Again, this is your body, and if trial and error is what it takes for you to learn, so be it - most of us are like that including myself. Best of luck to you, keep us posted with your progress.
    i appreciate your input bro, but let me talk about what is now in bold so you can possibly better understand my current situation. eating shit food and a lot of it at that is how i i used to be...i did at some point cut down a lot of weight and lean out a lot compared to what i once was. it was after me finally getting to a place i was happy with and maintainng it for a good while...but between depression and stress gradually getting worse and worse as months went by..i started to dwindle away. if i ate, it was usually 1 or 2 meals a day. usually some kind of fast food. adderall was the only thing that really kept me moving during the day and it was also the reason i didnt eat near as much as i should have. so i already hit that skinny fat stage...lol and that just made me feel even shittier. whatever lbm i had dwindled away and i also put on some chub. being inactive, not eating, eating shit food when i did, not getting much sleep, and stress from what i had to do plus what i was doing to myself is what got me here...so in the end, i gues im just really trying to rehabilitate myself..cause now im actually eating and its good food apposed to shit..i guess you can look at me like and overweight crackhead...lol

pic 1 is from 07, pic 2 is from the end of 08 and pic 3 is me currently after being back in the gym for about 4 months. i was at 255 when i started and i got down to 235 and was feeling weak as hell so i kinda just stopped worrying about #s and just starting eating, but not shit food and now im back up to 255. if i can find a pic from when i first started i will, but i was to disgusted with myself to even save them..lol

Name:	100_0294.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	558.5 KB 
ID:	109045Click image for larger version. 

Views:	121 
ID:	109046Click image for larger version. 

Name:	221.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	109047
    Last edited by BIGMAC250; 07-31-2010 at 01:51 PM.

From what I can gather, it sounds like you want to do a body recomp - basically slowly adding or at least maintaining LBM while dropping bodyfat, albeit not the focus. If so, I think that's a great idea. So long as you're working out and the eating is now in check, I think you'll find what you're looking for.

I think this turned into a bulk vs. cut debate because in your original post, you said you wanted to focus on adding LBM rather than cutting, which is usually indicative of somebody looking to bulk. Also, your title is pic (pick) me apart and tell me what I need to work on - which we certainly did! Be careful when you ask for that, because this board is full of people (me included) that are anal about bodyfat, and when we see somebody with your relatively high BF (no knock), we're always going to suggest you cut.

It is certainly possible (and better IMO) to add LBM without doing a traditional 'bulk' where a person adds 30lbs, then cuts to drop the added BF, and winds up being about 1lb heavier then when he started. Sort of a waste of time IMO. It doesn't sound like you're doing that now, so I think you'll be fine.
    Last edited by gbrice75; 07-31-2010 at 04:05 PM.

From what I can gather, it sounds like you want to do a body recomp - basically slowly adding or at least maintaining LBM while dropping bodyfat, albeit not the focus. If so, I think that's a great idea. So long as you're working out and the eating is now in check, I think you'll find what you're looking for.

I think this turned into a bulk vs. cut debate because in your original post, you said you wanted to focus on adding LBM rather than cutting, which is usually indicative of somebody looking to bulk. Also, your title is pic (pick) me apart and tell me what I need to work on - which we certainly did! Be careful when you ask for that, because this board is full of people (me included) that are anal about bodyfat, and when we see somebody with your relatively high BF (no knock), we're always going to suggest you cut.

It is certainly possible (and better IMO) to add LBM without doing a traditional 'bulk' where a person adds 30lbs, then cuts to drop the added BF, and winds up being about 1lb heavier then when he started. Sort of a waste of time IMO. It doesn't sound like you're doing that now, so I think you'll be fine.
    so thats what you call it...a body recomp. im sure that would have saved a lot of time if i would have put that in the first place..lol, but if thats what its called than yea thats the direction im trying to go. i was pretty much askin g what muscle groups looked like were lagging behind from the pics i had. ill eventually post more pics up in a few weeks to see if there have been any improvements and im hopeing there will be.

LoL yea, would have saved alot of confusion. Live and learn I guess.

As far as lagging muscle groups - I am not trying to once again pick on the bodyfat thing, but honestly it's hard to tell what's lagging because you're bodyfat is relatively high. Back seem to be good and wide, one of your better groups IMO. Arms also look to be thick including forearms, so that's a good thing. Delts need work. How are the wheels?

I think if you dropped 20lbs of fat, you'd look really good!

bro i know ive got to get rid of the chub...lol...thats a no brainer IMO..so no worries on that...i didnt even bother posting pics of my legs cause i already know the answer to that one..lol cause i know they aint up to par, but ill post some in a few weeks just to see. to be honest with you, i do plan on doing a cut in the future, but im not really in a rush...ill probably start thinking about it right befor or right after the new year so i can be happy with myself by next summer. thank you for the input bro...lol to be honest i feel as if my arms are small (especially for my hight) as far as my shoulders ive really been trying to get the rear delt but i dont think im doing enough for it(but like you said too its kinda hard to tell with the bf)...im going to start doing deads again this week so im sure those are gonna make a big diff as far as seeing and feeling some all around changes go too. i just recently started being able to push close to the weight i used to do so im really expecting to see some things happening in these next few weeks. hopefully some obvious ones at that, but thanx again for your input...ill be sure to keep your critique in mind.
    Last edited by BIGMAC250; 08-01-2010 at 04:40 PM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes, you will LOOK better, feel better, have more energy and loose many of your bad eating habits.

Dont think about it so much, just start doing it. What I did was to surround myself with good food. Once you start eating good food all the time and you dont let yourself get hungry you wont crave the bad foods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information