imotiv8 is offline New Member

Need to cut down worried about loose skin. What do you suggest? See my Pix

I need your honest opinion. I'm very open to critiques and will embrace them contructively. I just got through doing a Bulk Cycle, however, I started with a High BF %. I now realize being this thick is definitely not for me and I definitely want to get down as quick as possible without risking the chance of having loose skin. What is the best way to go about doing that? Should I do a body recomp while the fat drops slowly or from the pictures below is there even such a thing. I want to get down to at least 10% BF. From what I gather, I have to lose about 40 to 50lbs. Not sure though.

5'10
    230.4lbs
    BF - Over 30% for sure.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need to cut down worried about loose skin. What do you suggest? See my Pix-before-080309.jpg   Need to cut down worried about loose skin. What do you suggest? See my Pix-back-love-handles.jpg   Need to cut down worried about loose skin. What do you suggest? See my Pix-front-bicep-pose.jpg  

Oh also, Any suggestions on what I should work on body / Muscle wise would be greatly appreciated as well.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Most of the skin will tone up but you may have some loose but should not be anything hanging.

I would stick with diet/cardio mostly for a while to loose the fat and just overall light full body workout to tone up but dont worry about bulking yet.

Stick with the basics. What works best for me is one body part a day.
    Chest: Bench, Incline, decline, flat, flys.
    Bicep; Preacher curls, dumbbell curls, straight bar curs.
    Tricep; Dips, press down, kick backs
    Back/shoulders
    Legs

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Most of the skin will tone up but you may have some loose but should not be anything hanging.

I would stick with diet/cardio mostly for a while to loose the fat and just overall light full body workout to tone up but dont worry about bulking yet.

Stick with the basics. What works best for me is one body part a day.
    Chest: Bench, Incline, decline, flat, flys.
    Bicep; Preacher curls, dumbbell curls, straight bar curs.
    Tricep; Dips, press down, kick backs
    Back/shoulders
    Legs
    So I should do about 45 to 60 mins of Cardio on an empty stomach, Clean Diet and about 10 to 12 reps of each exercise?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    The loose skin will be determined mostly by how long you've been overweight. I was 255lbs at 5'11 for almost 10 years before I lost most of the fat. I definitely have some loose skin and i'm not happy about it, but honestly surgerly is the only option.

If you have looked similar to your pics for years, I hate to say I think you'll be dealing with the issue to some extent. However, over time I do believe the skin will bounce back somewhat.

I would focus on cutting bodyfat - caloric deficit diet, cardio, keep hitting the weights. If you find yourself losing more than 2lbs/week, you can almost be certain you're losing LBM, so up the calories a bit until you're around 1 - 1.5 lbs a week - that's USUALLY a safe indicator (but not a guarantee) that you're losing bodyfat and not (much) LBM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    The loose skin will be determined mostly by how long you've been overweight. I was 255lbs at 5'11 for almost 10 years before I lost most of the fat. I definitely have some loose skin and i'm not happy about it, but honestly surgerly is the only option.

If you have looked similar to your pics for years, I hate to say I think you'll be dealing with the issue to some extent. However, over time I do believe the skin will bounce back somewhat.

I would focus on cutting bodyfat - caloric deficit diet, cardio, keep hitting the weights. If you find yourself losing more than 2lbs/week, you can almost be certain you're losing LBM, so up the calories a bit until you're around 1 - 1.5 lbs a week - that's USUALLY a safe indicator (but not a guarantee) that you're losing bodyfat and not (much) LBM.
    Yeah, I think I've been this way for about 5 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by imotiv8 View Post
    Yeah, I think I've been this way for about 5 years now.
    Well, I think you're gonna be stuck with a bit of loose skin, unfortunately. Don't worry though bro, just do what you can do - we can only work with what we have. No matter what you do, you know you'll look better than you do now (no insult) - you can only make yourself better.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Well, I think you're gonna be stuck with a bit of loose skin, unfortunately. Don't worry though bro, just do what you can do - we can only work with what we have. No matter what you do, you know you'll look better than you do now (no insult) - you can only make yourself better.
    I agree. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by imotiv8 View Post
    I agree. Thanks for the feedback.
    You're welcome, and btw - I forgot to mention that the good news is I do see a good muscle base under the fat - traps are poppin, arms look thick, can even seem rounding of the shoulders as well as some lats. I'm willing to bet there's a beast under there waiting to come out!

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i agree with gbrice, you do have muscle under that fluff, you just need to show it! welcome to the board! i would suggest starting at 40min cardio daily (7 days/week) i would suggst first thing in morning on empty stomach (can take 100mg caffeine and also green tea extract b4) or after lifting (take 10g glutamine before starting cardio). once yur weight loss stagnates, increase cardio by 10 min, do this everytime until you reach 60min, then start splitting cardio into two sessions. def need to head over to the diet section if you already havent and post your current diet or ask for a cutting diet. good luck bro! anxious to see the results

Quote Originally Posted by vishus View Post
    i agree with gbrice, you do have muscle under that fluff, you just need to show it! welcome to the board! i would suggest starting at 40min cardio daily (7 days/week) i would suggst first thing in morning on empty stomach (can take 100mg caffeine and also green tea extract b4) or after lifting (take 10g glutamine before starting cardio). once yur weight loss stagnates, increase cardio by 10 min, do this everytime until you reach 60min, then start splitting cardio into two sessions. def need to head over to the diet section if you already havent and post your current diet or ask for a cutting diet. good luck bro! anxious to see the results
    Thanks Vishus,

Below is my current Diet. I'm also taking Omega 3 Fish Oil for EFAs.

Meal 1
    8 Egg Whites, 2 Whole Eggs
    1 cup of Oatmeal

Meal 2
    Protein Shake - half a banana

Meal 3
    8oz Chicken or Turkey Breast
    with Veggies or Veggies and 1 Potato on Leg Day

Meal 4 - (PWO)
    8oz Chicken, Turkey, or Steak
    with Veggies and 1 apple for Simple Carbs

Meal 5 - 12 hr Whey Protein, very low carbs

Being that I'm an Endomorph, should I take these same meals and break it down to about 8 meals for better results? I was also thinking about doing a clen /t3 cycle as well. However, from what I'm reading it seems best to wait until my bodyfat percentage is much lower.

412smb412 is offline New Member
    wait till ur bf is lower for clen /t3
    more meals the better! also imo u should cut out the carbs for the last meal

also you should have more protein for each meal if ur going to have 6-8 meals b/c ur a big guy

Quote Originally Posted by 412smb412 View Post
    u should cut out the carbs for the last meal
    x2. Go with a protein/fat meal instead, like add a tbsp of natty PB. The fat will help the protein digest even slower. Also, you should be using casein protein, not whey before bed. Whey digests way too quickly and wouldn't be a good option here, only PWO and possibly 1st thing in the morning.

Thread Information