Viper68 is offline New Member

World smalles 17'' Arms Need advice and Imput

Hey brothers:
    Just lookin for some advice and what should I look to improve before starting a cycle, I am thinking about bulking I have juiced in the passed but not in years, I am 24 years old. Looking for some advice on how to improve my arms especially they are 17'' but they look like twigs to me.They dont even peak passed my shoulders. Any thing else do you guys think needs work. It sucks being tall and lifting!
    Stats:
    6'4
    213 lbs
    About 13% bf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails World smalles 17'' Arms Need advice and Imput-img_1822.jpg   World smalles 17'' Arms Need advice and Imput-img_1824.jpg   World smalles 17'' Arms Need advice and Imput-img_1826.jpg  

GymHero is offline Senior Member
    What does your arm routine look like?

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    you sure there 17'' ?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I don't think they look like twigs bro. They could always use more size, but who couldn't?

As for the peak, some people genetically have a longer bicep head, and some have a shorter one that when built up creates much more of a peak (think Arnold). Look at my avy; I think you and I have similar arms, and I barely have a peak either - I also have that long bicep head.

What does your bicep routine look like?

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    No offense but your arms development looks pretty much inline with the rest of your physique. You just need to stick with the basics and try to add muscle everywhere.

I am sure they are 17 a little over when pumped. I have weekly bicep day and split up Tri's and Back another.
    Bicep day looks like this:
    - 4 Sets 12 reps preacher curls.
    -4 Sets 12 Reps Hammer curls
    -4 sets 12 reps cable curls
    -4 sets 12 reps Concentration curls
    -4 sets 12 reps close grip barbell curls
    Triceps
    4 Sets 12 Reps Tricep Extension
    4 sets 12 reps Skull crushers
    4 Sets 12 Reps Pushdowns.

My man, you're probably overtraining. 20 sets for a relatively small muscle group is way overkill IMO.

I'd pick 3 of those 5 exercises on each bicep day, but rotate the exercises so you can still use all 5.

For tri's, try incorporating a good compound lift that's a better mass builder. Weighted Dips, elbows tight and completely vertical (if you lean forward you'll rely on lower chest too much) to target tri's. You can and should also incorporate a close grip bench press.

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    No offense but your arms development looks pretty much inline with the rest of your physique. You just need to stick with the basics and try to add muscle everywhere.
    Absolutly, they look in perfect proportion to the rest of your body, i would presume the more your legs, chest, and back grew then so will your arms...
    Do not ask me for a source check.

Thanks guys, Anything you guys think needs work? Should I lower BF before bulking up? Give me some tips I know ive got long way to go!

Just keep trying to slowly add lean mass while shedding bodyfat and you'll be gtg!

Can anyone estimate my BF? Also here are my measurements tell me if anything is lacking
    17''- Arms
    13.5'- Forearms
    23'- Thighs
    18'- Calves
    44'- Chest
    51- Shoulders

gymnerd is offline Senior Member
    One mistake I see alot of guys make is 100 sets of curls and no heavy ass pulls. Chins, heavy dumbbell rows, other than that deads, squats to build a complete thick look.

Drop some of that curlin dude curls are ghey anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by gymnerd View Post
    one mistake i see alot of guys make is 100 sets of curls and no heavy ass pulls. Chins, heavy dumbbell rows, other than that deads, squats to build a complete thick look.

Drop some of that curlin dude curls are ghey anyways.
    ^^^ this

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    agreed

bump can anyone estimate my bf?

15% - 16%

when your working out... do you use a curl bar with different peaks an angles on it... after a while your muscles get use to the same regiment. i was having issues getting my arms bigger until my buddy brought me onto that... i know i might sound stupid saying this but it does work. also... this might have been repeated not sure... might be differently worded.

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    ^^ u mean ez curl bar vs a straight bar? i like 2 switch 2

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Overall body needs work, 6 months of proper training/eating/resting would make a dramatic difference that you would not believe, without AAS. Bodyfat estimate 14%. Everyone on here has bodyparts that naturally respond to training and those that lag behind. You are overtraining your biceps. How about the only bodypart, based on posted measurements, that is not lagging is the calves. If the rest of your body matched that you would be bigger everywhere. Show some pics of the legs, tell us how committed you are to doing a program that will get you to grow, how much time you have to devote to it and we will give you all the information you need to make some incredible gains in a short period of time. At your age your body is producing an incredible amount of chemicals you need to grow. IMO

illuzions is offline Associate Member
    like someone else stated definitely too many set for biceps...stick to 3 exercises...3-4 sets at most per exercise...and also why dont you try to stay betweem 6-10 reps to work on size and strength...

WastedTalent09 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper68 View Post
    I am sure they are 17 a little over when pumped. I have weekly bicep day and split up Tri's and Back another.
    Bicep day looks like this:
    - 4 Sets 12 reps preacher curls.
    -4 Sets 12 Reps Hammer curls
    -4 sets 12 reps cable curls
    -4 sets 12 reps Concentration curls
    -4 sets 12 reps close grip barbell curls
    Triceps
    4 Sets 12 Reps Tricep Extension
    4 sets 12 reps Skull crushers
    4 Sets 12 Reps Pushdowns.
    dude, he wants his arms bigger, so doing such high reps is mostly going to cut.
    your arms look bigger then 17" !!!

Swole-Brah is offline New Member
    they do look bigger than 17 inches. Remember Biceps and Triceps are SMALL muscle groups. I agree with the others that OT is prolly killing your progress. Possibly, stick to a 8-10 rep 3 sets per exercise with preach for length, ez bar curl with different grips to target both heads and hammer curls. Your triceps seem fine, if anything try to switch one of your exercises out with Over Head Tri Press. Form over weight always. Good luck !

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    agree with the pros to a T (at 6'4" 213 could use some more lbm all over)(love the bicep pump from pulls)

and i think your bf guess of your own is pretty good

Thread Information