Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road to 190

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member

Road to 190

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image201010020001.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	111446 Alright, well I've finally decided to buckle down and concentrate on getting my weight up instead of half-assing it. I was up to about 185 not too long ago and today when I was at the gym I stepped on the scale and was 179.8. My diet lately has been off track to say the least, and today it finally hit me that I need to get it "back" on track.
    The strange thing is however, that my lifts are the same if not more. I recently changed my workout routine to that of Arnold's beginner workout in his "Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding", with a few tweaks of my own so I'm thinking that's to blame.
    In the recent past I've tried a few different mild prohormone cycles, and in the distant past at a young age, tried a few mild cycles of anabolics. However, for my goal, I'm going to go the natural route. I'm going to be taking a "basic" multivitamin, Creatine Monohydrate, Cytogainer, Amino Acids, and good ol' Dessicated Liver Tabs!
    Anyways, to not have this first post drag on too much longer, I'm 5'10", 180 lbs. and starting my road to 190 lbs. today!

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    You look pretty thick and solid to me bro, you should do well. Are you certain that the 5lbs of weight loss wasn't fat? Even if you didn't try to lose it intentionally? I'm just sayin...

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    at your height and weight and the look of that pic... you must not have legs! I have no doubt you will pack ten pounds of muscle on in a few months with your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66;537***0
    at your height and weight and the look of that pic... you must not have legs!
    lol x2!

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66;537***0
    at your height and weight and the look of that pic... you must not have legs! I have no doubt you will pack ten pounds of muscle on in a few months with your attitude.
    I've always struggled with packing on mass on my legs. I'll try to get some better pics up by tomorrow, the wife's friend walked in so I had to cut it short to make it less awkward lol. The past month I haven't been able to do a real solid leg workout because my lower back has been aching but I've been doing some stretching and the pain has subsided recently. They aren't too bad, I just have real thing knees so it tapers down to them and then back out to my calves, you'll see. And as far as the losing fat... I guess that's a possibility, however I don't really do much cardio being an Ectomorph so it would be very strange to just lose fat all of a sudden, haha. I guess the type of body I'm trying to achieve would be a Frank Zane in the off-season look, or as close to that as possible.

Looking forward to the pics. I don't think Frank was ever as thick as you look, not even in the off season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image201010030001.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	111456

Here's a better pic... Sort of... As you can see I have very thin knees but I don't they're too horrible, haha. Anyways, worked out today, did Shoulders and Triceps as well as calves. Stepped on the scale and was 182... I'm sure it's just water weight but that scale either makes or breaks my workouts!

And as far as leg mass goes... I'd like to stick to the proportions they had in the 70's. I know it's considered "out of proportion" to todays standards but I like the look.

Sorry for the late update. I got distracted... Basically my workouts starting getting worse and worse so I finally took about a week off. I then tried a few different workouts and finally settled on one my body responded too. I'm now back into it trying to bulk up. I'm up to 184 now, will get pics soon. I don't know if it's the liver tabs or what but I get a super pump now from increasing my dosage of them. I'm now taking around 4 every meal, so between 20-24 a day. Before I was taking like 8-10. I have more energy, more focus, and again a better pump. I'd highly recommend this old time supplement. Other then that my lifts are steadily going up, I'm switched it to one major muscle group per workout, along with abs, calves, or forearms.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    You are probably one of the biggest 5'10 180 people I have ever seen. I would have thought you were like 5'7 or something from that first pic.

I am 5'10 190 and I am nowhere near that big up top, your chest is freaking huge.

But anyway good luck, eat a lot of good food and you will get there.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    You are probably one of the biggest 5'10 180 people I have ever seen. I would have thought you were like 5'7 or something from that first pic.

I am 5'10 190 and I am nowhere near that big up top, your chest is freaking huge.

Thank you! Starting out my chest was one of my worst parts, I guess it just responded well. I wish I could say the same for my legs. they look a little better now but again, I couldn't compare them to my chest just yet. And right now I'm just pounding down food (not 100% clean diet, but I don't eat crap). Here's an example of what I usually consume.

Breakfast - 4-6 whole eggs, 4 turkey sausage, 1 bread slice, 1 cup of OJ

Post workout shake - 2 cups of whole milk, 2 scoops of CytoGainer, 2 eggs raw, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter (Might cut out the peanut butter soon)

Lunch - Bowl of hamburger helper, 1 cup of milk (that's today, usually it's some chicken and rice, beef and beans, etc.)

Snack - cup of mixed nuts either a glass of milk or oj

Dinner - Whatever the wife makes. She cooks healthy so I don't complain. Lettuce wraps are my fav though, up there with lasagna =)

Before bed - 2 cups of milk, 2 scoops of CytoGainer, 2 eggs raw, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.

My metabolism is crazy fast so I don't believe I have to be too strict. I mainly concentrate on how many calories and protein I'm taking in. With this meal I think it rounds up to around... 4,000 calories and 250 grams of protein. I plan on possibly cutting it down to 3,500 calories, I'm just feeling out how my body responds. I seem to be responding well enough to this so we'll see.

Alright, weighed in at 184 again at the gym today. Did Shoulders and Arms. Had an awesome pump throughout... Here's some updated pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Road to 190-image201011070003.jpg   Road to 190-image201011070002.jpg   Road to 190-image201011070001.jpg  

If you are eating 4000 calories your protein is pretty low at 250. Try to get it up to 350 that is where it should be for that amount of cals and if you are looking to gain.

If you are eating 4000 calories your protein is pretty low at 250. Try to get it up to 350 that is where it should be for that amount of cals and if you are looking to gain.
    Hm... Okay. I'm new to "perfecting" my diet, but I plan on bringing it down to 3,500 calories a day. Do you think 250 grams of protein is good for 3,500 calories? Also, what reason would I need above 250 grams of protein with my goals? I don't see how my body would use it for my goal of 190?

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries

fook me, im 5'9 and 215 and his chest whips the shit outa mine!

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018 View Post
    Hm... Okay. I'm new to "perfecting" my diet, but I plan on bringing it down to 3,500 calories a day. Do you think 250 grams of protein is good for 3,500 calories? Also, what reason would I need above 250 grams of protein with my goals? I don't see how my body would use it for my goal of 190?
    250grms protein is plenty at your body weight

Did legs today. It didn't go as well as I had hoped for. I work the overnight shift Sunday and Monday so when I got off this morning I went to bed and didn't wake up till 1:30. That, ontop of my daily duties as a Husband I was finally able to go to the gym around 4:30... And that's when "everyone" is there. Nothing was open and I had to fight for the Leg Press. I had a decent pump after my workout, but was po'd not being able to get the "single" squat rack the gym has... Knees starting to ache a little bit, not sure if it's due to the Leg Extensions but I'm going to exclude those from next workout and do something in it's place. Still at 184... Will get pics of legs tomorrow.

Updated pics as promised... Don't hate on the Calvin Klein... I'm sure DSM will will these!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Road to 190-image201011090001.jpg   Road to 190-image201011090002.jpg  

Ok, so the legs obviously need to be brought up. Don't take this the wrong way - but be honest - you haven't trained legs all along, right? Like, there was some period of time where you only trained the top half?

Impressive build otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Ok, so the legs obviously need to be brought up. Don't take this the wrong way - but be honest - you haven't trained legs all along, right? Like, there was some period of time where you only trained the top half?

Impressive build otherwise.
    I suppose when I first started out I neglected them. I never did Squats or Deadlifts back then. I can't remember though it's been awhile... But for the past 2 years at least I've been hitting them just as hard as my upper body. I also do not wish to have the Legs that are common now... I prefer the Legs they had in the 70's, such as Zane's...

Did legs today. It didn't go as well as I had hoped for. I work the overnight shift Sunday and Monday so when I got off this morning I went to bed and didn't wake up till 1:30. That, ontop of my daily duties as a Husband I was finally able to go to the gym around 4:30... And that's when "everyone" is there. Nothing was open and I had to fight for the Leg Press. I had a decent pump after my workout, but was po'd not being able to get the "single" squat rack the gym has... Knees starting to ache a little bit, not sure if it's due to the Leg Extensions but I'm going to exclude those from next workout and do something in it's place. Still at 184... Will get pics of legs tomorrow.
    I can trash your legs with no weight lunges, if you perform them properly, no need to have hurt knees or a squat rack, you could train your legs like tom platz for the next two years and not get "legs that are common now", plus you have stalled out other body part gains by not training legs, trust me. Let me know if you want a leg program that will kick up your overall progress.

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I can trash your legs with no weight lunges, if you perform them properly, no need to have hurt knees or a squat rack, you could train your legs like tom platz for the next two years and not get "legs that are common now", plus you have stalled out other body part gains by not training legs, trust me. Let me know if you want a leg program that will kick up your overall progress.
    I definately would like to see it. Right now with my workouts I do 15 sets for largr muscles and 10-12 for smaller. My current leg routine varies by week, but an average would be...

Squats 5 sets 8-12 reps
    Leg press 4 sets 8-12 reps
    Weighted Lunges 3 sets 8-12
    Hamstring Curls 3 sets 8-12

My calf routine falls on random days as I work them out twice a week as opposed to once.

Standing Calf Raises 5 sets 15-20
    Leg Press Calf Press - 5 sets of 21's

cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    yea them legs def need too grow just looks strange compared too your upper half

weknowbobbito is offline Junior Member
    welcome and good luck

gladmax is offline Junior Member
    Looking Strong welcome

I'll get more updated pics soon. I did legs the other day and it was good and bad. Good because doing Squats I felt great (haven't felt like that in awhile) especially my lower back and was able to rep 315. The only bad part was my left knee was hurting real bad and continued throughout my exercises so I had to cut them short. I'm going to drop Leg Extensions as I believe this to be causing the aggravation. Aside from that still feeling pumped and good throughout my workouts!

Okay! I had an amazing leg workout the other day. Started off with 5 sets of Squats. Final set I was able to do 315 x 6, personal best. Did 3 sets of lunges after that finishing with 135 x 8. Did Leg Press 3 sets, last two repped out 540 full rom (knees to chest). Finished it off with a Standing Leg Curl x 3. Felt great throughout my workout, knees feeling a lot better now that I dropped the extensions... Taking the weekend off then starting again on Monday, will check weight and get pics up then.

Brewster is offline Member
    Hey bro,
    You should take lots of calcium, You must have small and light bones.
    You are a massive 180

bruary17 is offline Member
    Lawman, you have a awesome classical physic. The steve reeves/frank zane type thing, you really got going on. In my opinion, your legs are fine. Some people critic like their body builder judges. Your legs are certainly carrying their fair share of muscle and the thinner knee joint that you speak of, only makes your muscle bellies in your legs look fuller. Your chest is awesome! Square full and armor plated. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
    Hey bro,
    You should take lots of calcium, You must have small and light bones.
    You are a massive 180
    I know right? I don't know though... I do have an Ectomorphic body type which that is a characteristic of. I drink 6+ cups of whole milk a day, take my vitamins, etc. I've also never had a broken bone in my entire life. I just dunno, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    Lawman, you have a awesome classical physic. The steve reeves/frank zane type thing, you really got going on. In my opinion, your legs are fine. Some people critic like their body builder judges. Your legs are certainly carrying their fair share of muscle and the thinner knee joint that you speak of, only makes your muscle bellies in your legs look fuller. Your chest is awesome! Square full and armor plated. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks a lot man! It's great to get that kind of feedback! Although I don't believe my legs are "way" out of proportion, I admit they need some work... I'd like a little more size and then definition. Thanks again though!

vettewreck is offline Banned
    Youre a thick 185 man. Congrats. Great chest too with nice sweeps. Aminos, creatine, complex carb mix, arginine, protein and you shouldnt have any issue gaining 10-15lbs in a few months. Those are the basics imo. Keep up the good work! And IMO... dont sweat the legs. If you like them, fvck it. Ive NEVER in my life had a girl come up to me and say "i love your legs, lets fvck".. lol... Now about my tats, shoulders and chest, thats a different story hahah

Here's the new pics as promised. Weight is still hovering at 184ish... I have been sick the past few days and am now just getting over it, so I'm blaming that. However, I feel bigger and fuller and look like I've dropped some fat which I'm not complaining about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Road to 190-image201011220002.jpg   Road to 190-image201011220001.jpg   Road to 190-image201011220003.jpg   Road to 190-image201011220004.jpg  

You could compete IMO with those genetics. Good Lord I still can't wrap my head around 5'10 184 looking like that. Are you sure you are 5'10

You are built like a mack truck from head to toe.

What is your cycle history if any?

You could compete IMO with those genetics. Good Lord I still can't wrap my head around 5'10 184 looking like that. Are you sure you are 5'10

You are built like a mack truck from head to toe.

What is your cycle history if any?
    I would love to compete but I have no knowledge of where to begin, I guess I'll try and start reading up on it. I'd like to "know" I'd be a good competitor before I ever stepped foot on stage so I'm kind of hesitant. As far as cycle history, well... I was 17 (I know) and my former MMA instructor introduced me to them. I looked up to him so I did some of my own research. He wanted to get me on Anadrol 50 but after I looked into it I was like hell no. I cannot remember my cycles exactly but I know I started out with Sustanon 250 & Deca at a lower dose. Then Deca and Winstrol . I was 155 and went to 165. Clearly too young and not ready but I was stubborn, persistent, and again looked up to him. I was off for a good two years before I turned 19 and shortly after did a similar dosed cycle of Sustanon 250, but with D-bol as well. If memory serves me right I was low 160's and got up to 170 with that. After the cycle which I felt was horrible, I decided not to do anymore and have been away from the juice for almost 4 years. I've dabbled with prohormones about a year ago... M-drol & P-Plex to be exact, but that's it. All I'm taking now is what I've posted above... Basic Multi, Fish Oil, Creatine, CytoGainer, & Dessicated Liver Tabs (again, love em'!). My diet isn't "perfect" but it's the best I've ever done and I know I get enough Calories 7 protein in. Also, my weight is with my workout clothes on, which don't weigh a lot, but I know contribute a little, so maybe I should adjust that next time. And lastly, thank you for the compliment, maybe that's the boost I need to get my lazy arse to compete!

P.S. And last time I measured I was 5'10". I've always had real narrow ankles, knees, and wrists though... So maybe my bones are just small? I have tiny hands and feet too!
    Last edited by LawMan018; 11-22-2010 at 03:56 PM.

I would love to compete but I have no knowledge of where to begin, I guess I'll try and start reading up on it. I'd like to "know" I'd be a good competitor before I ever stepped foot on stage so I'm kind of hesitant. As far as cycle history, well... I was 17 (I know) and my former MMA instructor introduced me to them. I looked up to him so I did some of my own research. He wanted to get me on Anadrol 50 but after I looked into it I was like hell no. I cannot remember my cycles exactly but I know I started out with Sustanon 250 & Deca at a lower dose. Then Deca and Winstrol . I was 155 and went to 165. Clearly too young and not ready but I was stubborn, persistent, and again looked up to him. I was off for a good two years before I turned 19 and shortly after did a similar dosed cycle of Sustanon 250, but with D-bol as well. If memory serves me right I was low 160's and got up to 170 with that. After the cycle which I felt was horrible, I decided not to do anymore and have been away from the juice for almost 4 years. I've dabbled with prohormones about a year ago... M-drol & P-Plex to be exact, but that's it. All I'm taking now is what I've posted above... Basic Multi, Fish Oil, Creatine, CytoGainer, & Dessicated Liver Tabs (again, love em'!). My diet isn't "perfect" but it's the best I've ever done and I know I get enough Calories 7 protein in. Also, my weight is with my workout clothes on, which don't weigh a lot, but I know contribute a little, so maybe I should adjust that next time. And lastly, thank you for the compliment, maybe that's the boost I need to get my lazy arse to compete!

P.S. And last time I measured I was 5'10". I've always had real narrow ankles, knees, and wrists though... So maybe my bones are just small? I have tiny hands and feet too!
    Your build is still pretty impressive for basically being clean for 4 years, I figured you had to be on something at some point but thought it was recent looking at the pics. Hell I can only imagine what you could do with a real cycle and diet and knowing what you are doing, as opposed to being young and not knowing anything.

bruary17 is offline Member
    Awesome waist to shoulder V taper in the second photo

bdzemske is offline Associate Member
    man i cant even believe that you are only 180 look like your at least 200!

Haha, I would love to be at 200! And thanks for the replies... So I'm hearing for natural competitions most 5'10" people cut down to around 160-165? Is this true? I understand low bodyfat and muscle visibility is a necessity, but to sacrifice that much mass (in my case)? I thought a good balance between the two was the way to go... I don't know, I know absolutely nothing about competing and this just blew my mind when I read it.

Alright, another update. I'm hovering around 185-186ish right now, so "slowly" progressing. My diet is getting better day by day... By better I mean more "clean". Did legs yesterday and had a great day minus one part. I do squats with feet about shoulder width apart, again, like Arnold was doing them in Pumping Iron. I did 5 sets. 135 x10, 185 x10, 225 x8, 275 x8, at this point I'm still feeling great, and I feel like I can pump out 315 x8. However, after putting the belt on (I don't use belts lower than 300) I felt awkward and was only able to pump out 4 solid reps. I'm not sure if this is due to my lower back strength increasing and by wearing the belt wasn't able to utilize my body's stabilizers like I would without the belt? I have no idea... Next time I will not use the belt on 315 and see how that goes. Other then that my Lunges went up, then did Leg press and Hamstring Curls. legs felt pumped throughout, and I felt great! Got offerered some money to model some "eco friendly" clothing for a company here pretty soon so will be flying out to NC for 2 days to shoot the clothes... I've worked with them before and they usually give me some good photos from it so hopefully I'll have some decent photos to post up here in a few weeks, besides my crappy computer camera which is what I've been using, haha. Anyways... Slow and steady gains... I'm missing Pro Hormones... The last cycle of them I did around this time of year. Wife thinks I'm "angrier" in arguments when I'm on them so I told her I wouldn't take them... Oh well. Will continue to update!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information