Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mesonerz is offline Junior Member

Opinions welcome, just be honest.

weight:225
    height:6-4
    I used to be around 250, not a good 250 though. Ive tried really hard to clean up my diet and work more on cardio. My goal is to be more defined yet a little more solid, kind of like the situation from the jersey shore<---- I know kinda of lame example but i figured its something everybody might know. These pics are kinda of old about 3 months ago. I will upload some more recent pics in the next few days.

raspberry is offline Junior Member
    I don't see any. Either links are broken or my internet is being stupid.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Hey bro, props for posting up pictures as alot of people don't have the balls to, and congrats on the 25lbs loss too. So i'm not here to piss on your parade, but we want to be realistic, right? The situation isn't just 'defined and solid' - he's got an extremely low bodyfat and a very good muscle base. No offense, but you do not. It's going to take alot more then getting defined and more solid. It takes years to build a really nice body, and serious dedication. You most certainly can do it, but it takes time.

I'm not telling you this to discourage you. I just don't wanna see you fall flat on your face when you don't look the way you think you should in 6 months, because it's just not gonna happen. 2 years ago I was 255lbs at 5'11 (so obviously fatter then you at your worst) and you can see how I look today in my avy - definite progress, but nowhere near looking like the Situation.

Post up your diet and workout in the diet section and if you want, i'd be happy to have a look and work on it with you. You can get there bro!

Thanks for the reply gbrice. I know I'm nowhere near the situation I was just saying that would be an ultimate goal but I have to take baby steps first. But I will post my diet and workout routine in the diet section later today. Looking forward to hear more.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Hey bro, props for posting up pictures as alot of people don't have the balls to, and congrats on the 25lbs loss too. So i'm not here to piss on your parade, but we want to be realistic, right? The situation isn't just 'defined and solid' - he's got an extremely low bodyfat and a very good muscle base. No offense, but you do not. It's going to take alot more then getting defined and more solid. It takes years to build a really nice body, and serious dedication. You most certainly can do it, but it takes time.

I'm not telling you this to discourage you. I just don't wanna see you fall flat on your face when you don't look the way you think you should in 6 months, because it's just not gonna happen. 2 years ago I was 255lbs at 5'11 (so obviously fatter then you at your worst) and you can see how I look today in my avy - definite progress, but nowhere near looking like the Situation.

Post up your diet and workout in the diet section and if you want, i'd be happy to have a look and work on it with you. You can get there bro!
    I'm excited to see what you are currently doing, with GB's advise on diet you'll have a great start. I, however, think you have a build that has huge, immediate gain potential, if you aren't afraid of hard work and some pain I promise you could put 10-15 lbs of muscle on in 60 days, naturally. Post up that workout, tell us what you are and are not willing to do to accomplish your goals, how many days you are available to lift, etc...

And again, Props on posting pics.

Thanks tbody. I will definitely post my diet and exercise regimine later. I'm also going to take some pictures tonight that are more recent. I think I see a little bit of difference from when these pics were taken but I'll let you guys be the judge of that.

Diet and exercise program posted. http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...83#post5425683.
    I didnt post any pics yet because my camera needs batteries and my cell phone is just useless when it comes to pics.

Haha I KNEW I recognized your Avatar, now I know who you are! We'll get that diet ironed out for you. I'd recommend cutting the bodyfat, starting with a blank canvass, and building a nice solid base from there. I spent (wasted?) my first year in this game trying to drop bodyfat and build muscle - and while I DID succeed to some degree, in the end I wish I had just chosen one and stuck it out. Break down to build back up, that's the ticket IMO.

RoidReaper is offline Member

Amen, yeah bro dont get discouraged, train hard eat right and you WILL get what you want, if you are dedicated enough and do everything right.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    I'm excited to see what you are currently doing, with GB's advise on diet you'll have a great start. I, however, think you have a build that has huge, immediate gain potential, if you aren't afraid of hard work and some pain I promise you could put 10-15 lbs of muscle on in 60 days, naturally. Post up that workout, tell us what you are and are not willing to do to accomplish your goals, how many days you are available to lift, etc...

And again, Props on posting pics.
    Sorry, but that's just not going to happen. I am all for motivating guys but you need to keep the expectations realistic.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    ok, number one, shave or trim around you nipples that look silly, trim down you arm pit hair, looks like you got buckwheet in a head lock...

ok, so now we have you up to speed with hair issues, for more info ask dsm what you should do next... hehehehe.... all your issue with achieving you goals are in you diet at this point, you need to all your reading there then come back with a diet you can have some one approve for you, then we can talk about adding muscle...

imo... 90% of you achieving you goal willl be soley diet fyi

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    ok, number one, shave or trim around you nipples that look silly, trim down you arm pit hair, looks like you got buckwheet in a head lock...

ok, so now we have you up to speed with hair issues, for more info ask dsm what you should do next... hehehehe.... all your issue with achieving you goals are in you diet at this point, you need to all your reading there then come back with a diet you can have some one approve for you, then we can talk about adding muscle...

Agreed. He's already posted in the diet section, we're working him out!

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post

lmao, i didnt expect grooming tips. your the first person to tell to shave around my nips, ill give it a shot. and you are right about the diet. ive been reading alot of threads and stickies in the diet section and i have alot to figure out when it comes to that but ive got some good advice thus far so i feel good about it.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    nice job bro... your on your way!!!

... one more thing you ready?

PULL UR FREAKING PANTS UP!! I DONT WANT TO SEE YOU UNDERSHORTS

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    Sorry, but that's just not going to happen. I am all for motivating guys but you need to keep the expectations realistic.
    Really, FireGuy, one or two lbs of muscle a week naturally not possible for a 30 year old without much lifting experience? Why not?

I should have stated "In my opinion it's not going to happen". This is based on being in this game for 23 years. It's a bit ironic as I just started a thread prior to this showing what 30lbs of muscle really looks like. It took me 15 years to accomplish that. Granted, the starting point was my first competition and I had already gained the "easy muscle" that comes when we first begin training. I also understand it is the "easy muscle" you are referrring to in your post to the OP. Even so I think the claim is exaggerated. The ONLY time I could see a scenario playing out like that is if you took an experienced bodybuilder and "detrained" him for a period of time then put him back in the gym. Muscle memory could very well come into play and he may be able to attain the type of gains you are talking about. Being you and I are the same age you may remember way back in the 70's I believe Weider did this with Casey Viator. Back then it was strictly a way of pushing his supplements. 42lbs of muscle in 60 days!!
    Last edited by FireGuy; 11-12-2010 at 12:46 PM.

I had already gained the "easy muscle" that comes when we first begin training.
    I've been training consistently for 2 years.... still waiting for this ^^^ ... FML

I should have stated "In my opinion it's not going to happen". This is based on being in this game for 23 years. It's a bit ironic as I just started a thread prior to this showing what 30lbs of muscle really looks like. It took me 15 years to accomplish that. Granted, the starting point was my first competition and I had already gained the "easy muscle" that comes when we first begin training. I also understand it is the "easy muscle" you are referrring to in your post to the OP. Even so I think the claim is exaggerated. The ONLY time I could see a scenario playing out like that is if you took an experienced bodybuilder and "detrained" him for a period of time then put him back in the gym. Muscle memory could very well come into play and he may be able to attain the type of gains you are talking about. Being you and I are the same age you may remember way back in the 70's I beleieve Weider did this with Casey Viator. Back then it was strictly a way of pushing his supplements. 42lbs of muscle in 60 days!!
    All of this is true, I know this as well and should have been a little more clear. I personally have put on 33lbs in 8 weeks, going from 135lbs to 168lbs and from 11%bf to 14%bf, but I was 21 years old and my body was producing incredible amounts of wonderful chemicals. I have also "de-trained" myself, not by design mind you, and accomplished the same thing, look at my recent thread.

Looking at the OP's pictures, seeing him at 6' 4", and 225, I think he has a better base to be able to do so. Obviously if he's an "old" thirty year old it is possible that he doesn't have the necessary chemical production to produce those results, but when I owned my gym I met people of all lifting experience backgrounds and found "experienced" lifters who never really challanged their bodies to the levels necessary to tap into muscle building insanity. Obviously we would all be happy with 5 lbs a year of lean muscle mass addition after maximizing our potential.

Not a different $.02, just a difference of opinion based upon what room of potential is in the OP from his current state.

Total Respect for you FireGuy, sorry if it came off any different.

No worries, you didnt come across like that at all. In general I just think we tend to overestimate how much actual muscle we gain. I competed in natural shows for 15 years and know literally hundreds of natural bodybuilders. I cannot honestly think of a single one of them who ever went up a weight class. Think about that, we are only talking about 15lbs of muscle, yet these guys (me included) trained hardcore, ate right and used proper supplementation and still were fairly limited in how much TRUE muscle we could put on. My first show I weighed 161lbs, 12 years later with consistent heavy and hard 100% natural training I was on stage at 173lbs. My offseason weight did increase from 185 to 215 and I may have thought I was just as lean but when the fat came off my true gains were minimal each show.

Looking at the OP's pictures, seeing him at 6' 4", and 225, I think he has a better base to be able to do so. Obviously if he's an "old" thirty year old it is possible that he doesn't have the necessary chemical production to produce those results,
    i definitely dont think im an old 30. i dont smoke, drink like once every 6 months, if that. most people think im 26 maybe 27 tops. and i definitely dont feel 30 id say i feel like early 20's. i know that doesnt really matter about what kind of chems my body are producing but who the hell knows?

ok here are some pics that i just took within the last couple days. so these will be the before pics and in 5 weeks with tbody66 workout regiment and gbrices diet advice i cant wait to see what the afters look like. this is gonna be fun. and yes it will be natural.

You definitely have a good frame for the sport... can't wait to watch you progress! =)

You definitely have a good frame for the sport... can't wait to watch you progress! =)
    thanks man im excited too. nice new avatar photo.

Quote Originally Posted by mesonerz View Post
    thanks man im excited too. nice new avatar photo.
    Thanks!

gladmax is offline Junior Member
    Good luck, keep on workin

Quote Originally Posted by gladmax View Post
    Good luck, keep on workin
    thanks gmax

Great, clear pics, can't wait to see you progress.

nice job, look great and as it has been said before you have a great frame to hang some good muscle on... keep up the work adn set good expectations, specially if it is natural....

keep hacking away at the arm pit hair, the grls with appriciate it,

keep us posted on your progress

ok so here is my 2 week update using tbody's workout regimen and gbrices' diet suggestions(minus yesterday for thanksgiving). to me the pics look the same but in real life i can notice a little difference in my chest and arms and i can definitely notice a strength increase. part of my job is using a 80lbs ladder everyday and i am finding that i can manhandle that thing with ease now. let me know what ya think.

bigslick7878 is offline Senior Member
    Dude it is hard to tell after 2 weeks unless you are on a cycle and are making fast gains. Just stick to the program and the results will come, you are just scratching the surface after 2 weeks. Every month or so take some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslick7878 View Post
    Dude it is hard to tell after 2 weeks unless you are on a cycle and are making fast gains. Just stick to the program and the results will come, you are just scratching the surface after 2 weeks. Every month or so take some pics.
    yeah tbody wanted me to post some pics after 2 weeks so i did. i think its fun plus its something to look forward to. and no cycle, def not ready for that yet.

I can tell a noticable difference, we aren't looking for transformation, we are looking for progress, and signs of no progress. I wouldn't want to wait 4 weeks to make an adjustment that I could have made after 2. You are obviously rounding the chest out and widening the back. Your shoulders need attention, but your body is in no position overall to begin stressing about the smaller muscle groups. You are going to stick with the current program until it's time for you to begin the remote trainer challange, then that twelve week program will make even more of a difference.

Great job, we'll have to work on your poses and them all being from the same distance with the same lighting.

vettewreck is offline Banned
    IMO 15lbs of muscle in 60 days is completely doable but ONLY if youre new to working out (which I think you are), you dive head first into a full diet program, full supplements, and 5 days minimum a week in the gym. But it is doable. Im talking, protein shakes, creatine, Arginine, BCAA, Glutamine, ZMA, fish oil, Flax seed oil, complex carb powder, pre workout drink, dextrose..... ON TOP OF EATING every 3 hours!!! However, imo it can be done. Fvck baby steps, dive in.

Ramaudio_inc is offline New Member
    We are about the same age.. exact same height.. I started a little larger than you are (I was 240lbs).. we also appear to have about the same body type
    here is a link to my progress.. http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...i-see-progress!!!!

I would think you could expect moderately similar results(since we are very similar in starting build and age) but you have less body fat to begin with so I would expect you to me more defined.. but size-wize it seems realistic

Quote Originally Posted by Ramaudio_inc View Post
    We are about the same age.. exact same height.. I started a little larger than you are (I was 240lbs).. we also appear to have about the same body type
    here is a link to my progress.. http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...i-see-progress!!!!

I would think you could expect moderately similar results(since we are very similar in starting build and age) but you have less body fat to begin with so I would expect you to me more defined.. but size-wize it seems realistic
    at my heaviest i was 250. i lost about 25lbs with better diet alone. i suppose the only difference is that for right now im taking the el natural route. but im pretty satisfied right now with the workout program tbody laid out for me. i will def keep an eye on your progress since we are very similar in stats.

I am very proud of you, you are staying motivated and focused and the gains are coming.

Have you noticed a difference in your weights, sets/reps/poundages on your core exercises?

I am very proud of you, you are staying motivated and focused and the gains are coming.

Have you noticed a difference in your weights, sets/reps/poundages on your core exercises?
    thanks man i appreciate that. i have to admit i had a moment of weakness tonight. i had a couple oreo's. i rarely eat sweets but my girl was eating them and for some reason i couldnt help myself.
    i did up the poundage on my squats and bench exercises. im going to bring my camera to the gym tomorrow night because i def see a difference when im just done working out in the locker room mirror, or maybe its one of those trick mirrors put there to make you feel good about yourself....hmmmm? i also posted in the remote trainer thread but im going to wait and see after this is over and get your opinion on that before i commit myself to that.
    Last edited by mesonerz; 12-02-2010 at 02:43 PM. Reason: fat fingers

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    You are making some good progress. I will tell you that being taller has its advantages and disadvantages though and to really lift for the feel. If the bench press doesn't seem to be working all that well start with dumbbells and really squeeze those pecs and then go ahead and bench second. For example on squats I have to drop a$$ to floor and only come up to about 110 degrees rather than lockout or just short of lockout to really get my quads burning.

i know its been a while but im back. i havent been to the gym in like 2 weeks and it sucks. i did something to my lower back at work and its not something i want to take a chance with by working out. it just finally started feeling some what better than before but still not 100%. I just wanted to update you guys because i you have been very helpful. im hoping to get back next week to finish what i started. just on a side note ive been keeping with my diet just no gym.

glad you are back, sorry to hear about the injury, staying with the diet is admirable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information