Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 7 months progress pics (6.5 weeks out from starting my next cycle)

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    I do enjoy my meals, the diet i was reffering to that i tried in the past you werent even allowed a drizzle of ketchup lol, it was tough.

Now my meals are clean but flavoured its pretty easy, just 4 meals a week its too easy to say fvck it just throw a pizza in the oven or get a chinese lol and that just needs addressed or halfed, and my beer halfed

I will get there
    4 cheat meals a wk is a lot Tax... And can throw off your whole wk... Just something to think about...

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Thanks Bio - i love how you use the word "we" like we are all a team onthis forum cheers for the support

Thanks 73rr, the weekends kind of where i fvck up, my meal prep for work mon-fri and the evenings is great then it seems to go out the window at the weekend, i think on friday night i need to come home and whip up a big pan of something, put it in some tubs and in the fridge.
    73rr likes this.

Yea i agree Nach, i need to prepare better on the weekends insted of just going for the easy options.

I know where im going wrong and how to fix it, just doing it has been the tricky part, but i know if i want the body im aiming for, it needs to happen!
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 02-18-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    krugerr and NACH3 like this.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan
    Thanks Bio - i love how you use the word "we" like we are all a team onthis forum cheers for the support Thanks 73rr, the weekends kind of where i fvck up, my meal prep for work mon-fri and the evenings is great then it seems to go out the window at the weekend, i think on friday night i need to come home and whip up a big pan of something, put it in some tubs and in the fridge.
    yeah that is the way I look at things. We are all here helping each other as a team

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Tax, you have some great advice here from everyone.

My tuppenies worth? You aren't 15%, sorry. Probably 20% based on those photo's.

Pick a goal and stick to it, grow or cut. Don't start doing one then think you are getting too fat/too small. See it through. For what it,s worth, I think if you drop 15lbs of fat and maybe gain a little LBM, you will look amazing for summer.

Start cardio. Life is busy I know but there's no harm in shortening your lifting and making it more intense so that you can add 20mins cardio after every lifting session, that's what I do, works great with the cals slightly under maintenance. If I can add one other cardio only session that's a nice bonus to have.

NACH3, TheTaxMan, Dj Screw and 1 others like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Tax, you have some great advice here from everyone.

My tuppenies worth? You aren't 15%, sorry. Probably 20% based on those photo's.

Pick a goal and stick to it, grow or cut. Don't start doing one then think you are getting too fat/too small. See it through. For what it,s worth, I think if you drop 15lbs of fat and maybe gain a little LBM, you will look amazing for summer.

Start cardio. Life is busy I know but there's no harm in shortening your lifting and making it more intense so that you can add 20mins cardio after every lifting session, that's what I do, works great with the cals slightly under maintenance. If I can add one other cardio only session that's a nice bonus to have.

Thanks for the reply.
    So from my start and after pics ive only lost 5% bodyfat in 7 months?

Then thats incredibly poor!
    and heres me thinking im doing well

Im going to increase my cardio and fiter more in the diet area.
    Thanks again

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks for the reply.
    So from my start and after pics ive only lost 5% bodyfat in 7 months?

Then thats incredibly poor!
    and heres me thinking im doing well

Im going to increase my cardio and fiter more in the diet area.
    Thanks again
    There we go mate. Sometimes a kick like that can be the motivator.
    You'd have lost a lot more if you'd kerb those bloody beers and track your diet!

Thanks for the reply. So from my start and after pics ive only lost 5% bodyfat in 7 months? Then thats incredibly poor! and heres me thinking im doing well Im going to increase my cardio and fiter more in the diet area. Thanks again
    keep in mind your running a marathon not a 100 meter dash. I guy told me when I first started this lifestyle"if you achieve all your goals then what?" He was right this is a lifestyle your doing great 7 months isn't that long either. I did this for years and once I tightened my nutrition up my gains went crazy. For meal 1 cheat meal each week is a max and my cheat meals are really just eating more of what I normally do. Most my cheat food is still measured so I know exactly what I am getting. It just depends on how extreme you want to go. I been thinking about starting a thread about this lifestyle and taking it to the extreme
    Dj Screw likes this.

Bio - I'd love to read that thread. Go go go!

Sent from my iPhone using App

I could quite happily cut, i can functiom well on low calories, the problem i have is i like the big look and i like to have presence about me when i walk in a room or out in public

If i was to cut and drop like 14lbs of fat id look skinny as hell? I dont want to look like an olympic swimmer, id loveto get that lean but only with big muscles.

Basicaly i want to look like an olympic swimmer but on roids.

You should start that thread bio!

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    How often do you work your traps, Tax? And what exercises? Hell man, your traps have grown tremendously!
    Last edited by Strongblood; 02-18-2016 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strongblood View Post
    How often do you work your traps, Tax? And what exercises? Hell man, your traps have grown tremendously!
    Thanks strongblood

Honestly mate, ive never trained my traps or my forearms in my life, they just get maintained in general workouts. I think if i pounded my traps and forearms direct they would look to big compared to other body parts, they will get trained when chest and shoulders etc buff out more

I could quite happily cut, i can functiom well on low calories, the problem i have is i like the big look and i like to have presence about me when i walk in a room or out in public

If i was to cut and drop like 14lbs of fat id look skinny as hell? I dont want to look like an olympic swimmer, id loveto get that lean but only with big muscles.

Basicaly i want to look like an olympic swimmer but on roids.

You should start that thread bio!

You'd be 190lbs at about 12% at 5'8. Maybe not super impressive whilst clothed but with your top off or in a quality fitted t-shirt or wife beater.......

It would also be a great point to bulk from.
    TheTaxMan and NACH3 like this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    keep in mind your running a marathon not a 100 meter dash. I guy told me when I first started this lifestyle"if you achieve all your goals then what?" He was right this is a lifestyle your doing great 7 months isn't that long either. I did this for years and once I tightened my nutrition up my gains went crazy. For meal 1 cheat meal each week is a max and my cheat meals are really just eating more of what I normally do. Most my cheat food is still measured so I know exactly what I am getting. It just depends on how extreme you want to go. I been thinking about starting a thread about this lifestyle and taking it to the extreme
    Plz make that thread bio! That could be a big motivation for the days I get down!

Tax I think if u cut down. U would still look pritty big with or without a shirt. Just do the cut slow so that u know when to stop cutting and maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by 73rr
    Plz make that thread bio! That could be a big motivation for the days I get down! Tax I think if u cut down. U would still look pritty big with or without a shirt. Just do the cut slow so that u know when to stop cutting and maintain.
    trust me I'm working on it
    73rr likes this.

So guys at my current state and wanting to look good on my holiday in 5 months

Am i better off doing a complete strict cut? Or Continue bulking (getting it more clean of course and increasing cardio)?

Or decide in 6 weeks after my prime when i can see what my current state is like before the test and tren run?

I just dont want to look skinny
    Id love to look nice and lean but i wouldnt trade it for mass look, my personality demands size and presence (still looking decent ofcourse)
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 02-18-2016 at 04:33 PM.

My opinion is always going to be to cut until your at 10% bad or less and you will look bigger the leaner you are
    ghettoboyd likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    trust me I'm working on it
    Hey Bio, is this the one we're going in on?! Let's do it, brother!

My opinion is always going to be to cut until your at 10% bad or less and you will look bigger the leaner you are
    If i was in full proportion i would agree with this

But if i cut like fvck now and my chest isnt at the thickness id like it to be would i not look stupid/flat chested?

Or is it possible to cut like hell and bulk my chest and say legs at the same time with the correct training? (Say lift to failure on the bodyparts that need growth? And lift high reps on the rest?)

OR

If im cruising and blasting could i not cut over the next 6 weeks then bulk/blast? Or would i losemy muscle mass on a 150mg test e cruise dose?

I also have a question about priming, is priming for any cycle? Bulk or cut? I was under the impression priming is for bulking cycles to get high gains, but what if your cutting? Do you prime?
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 02-18-2016 at 05:56 PM.

If i was in full proportion i would agree with this

But if i cut like fvck now and my chest isnt at the thickness id like it to be would i not look stupid/flat chested?

Or is it possible to cut like hell and bulk my chest and say legs at the same time with the correct training? (Say lift to failure on the bodyparts that need growth? And lift high reps on the rest?)

OR

If im cruising and blasting could i not cut over the next 6 weeks then bulk/blast? Or would i losemy muscle mass on a 150mg test e cruise dose?

I also have a question about priming, is priming for any cycle? Bulk or cut? I was under the impression priming is for bulking cycles to get high gains, but what if your cutting? Do you prime?
    Once you do a real cut and get that bf down to single digits i really doubt you will ever want to do an all out bulk again

When i pinch areas of my body

My upper body like my arms etc i can hardly pinch much fat, i seem to hold it all on the abdominal area and love handle area

If i did a proper cut, my arms and upper should still remain big if i cant pinch much there right? I know they will go smaller as there will be fat there but it shouldnt be a case of feeling like ive lost all my size?

Thats the only thing that puts me off, although il look fit and healthy and lean, i dont want to feel like im starting over again when i was 20 years old and no muscle lol

You'll never know what your muscles look like if you can't see them.

FYI this guy is 5'10, 188lbs and approx 12% here. Whilst your body shapes are probably different it's a reasonable reference point for you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	134 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	161980
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks for that bib

His body is great in terms of lean but hes too small he just looks fit.

We are all different but personaly id rather stay how i am now than look like that.

This is more the look im trying to achieve

http://cms.bbcomcdn.com/fun/images/2013/ss-1.jpg

So it looks like i need to put another 10lbs on before doing a drastic cut

Id honestly feel like shit looking skinny - i know the guy u posted aint skinny but you know what i mean, his pic is also a professional photo, i bet he looks even smaller without the airbrushing etc (im guessing here but theres more than likely filters applied)
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 02-19-2016 at 02:36 AM.

This is more the look im trying to achieve

http://cms.bbcomcdn.com/fun/images/2013/ss-1.jpg

So it looks like i need to put another 10lbs on before doing a drastic cut

Id honestly feel like shit looking skinny - i know the guy u posted aint skinny but you know what i mean, his pic is also a professional photo, i bet he looks even smaller without the airbrushing etc (im guessing here but theres more than likely filters applied)
    I think the above comments are right here Tax. Its not the answer you want, but you'd be better off cutting the fat and then slowly growing into the shape you want. Otherwise you'll add the muscle you want, and more fat. Then have to do a harsh cut to get back to where you want, sacrificing muscle anyway.

I wont add more fat though if my diet is tidied up and the alcohol is out the window?
    And cardio?
    I should think my fat would go downsnd my lbm up
    Which is happening today btw

Also marcus advised me not to drastic cut as you lose hard earned muscle as well, its best to steadily chip away at the fat over time
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 02-19-2016 at 04:30 AM.

I wont add more fat though if my diet is tidied up and the alcohol is out the window

Which is happening today btw
    MyFitnessPal - Lets see it bro!

If you absolutely must avoid cutting. Sit at maintenance for a few months and see how you recomp.
    TheTaxMan likes this.

I have like 5 months before in topless anyway lol, and as you know british summer time is a good distance away

Im going to see how i look in 6 weeks after cleaning up diet and introducing some cardio every couple of days, im just going to do some running after my workouts

im sure that will clean me up.

Will continue with cardio (if the tren lets me) through ny next cycle, im sure the tren will melt some fat too if the diet is clean.

When i pinch areas of my body

My upper body like my arms etc i can hardly pinch much fat, i seem to hold it all on the abdominal area and love handle area

If i did a proper cut, my arms and upper should still remain big if i cant pinch much there right? I know they will go smaller as there will be fat there but it shouldnt be a case of feeling like ive lost all my size?

Thats the only thing that puts me off, although il look fit and healthy and lean, i dont want to feel like im starting over again when i was 20 years old and no muscle lol
    If you cut properly like I said you are going to look bigger at my leanest people would constantly tell me wow you look like you have gained 30 lbs but in reality I had cut 40lbs. If you do it right and put yourself in a 500 calorie deficit you wont loose strength either
    krugerr likes this.

I agree the cut look does make you look more muscular/bigger

I kind of just hate the guys physique in the pic BIB posted and its put me off lol

I agree the cut look does make you look more muscular/bigger

I kind of just hate the guys physique in the pic BIB posted and its put me off lol
    I guess I am confused??? What are your goals then?

Tried that myfitnesspal kruger, entered all my details hit next and it just says "there was an error, staff have been informed of this."

FFS lol

Im 203lbs, i want to be 214lbs-ish but lean like 12% would be a nice start, then maybe 10% once i get there but id be happy with 12%, i know this goal isnt achieveable in a few months but thats my eventual goal

Short term goal would just be 200lbs minimum and 12% bodyfat

The pic BIB posted i like his lean look like his abs etc, just his pecs and everywhere else arent big enough, maybe because he is 5ft10 i dont know, his arms just look long and wierd lol

Your avatar though you look great, very lean but you look thick and the right areas.
    Just incase you thought i was saying lean people look wierd lol, i guess it could just be that guys body type i dont like

i want to look thick(stock) and lean, he looks good but kind of scrawny, and i couldnt deal with that look even if it was temporary,
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 02-19-2016 at 06:52 AM.

He wants to look big, but not physically be small. I guess he means in terms of weight/presence.

However - Taxman, you've got this backward. By losing the fat, you'll look much bigger and have more presence.

Im 203lbs, i want to be 214lbs-ish but lean like 12% would be a nice start, then maybe 10% once i get there but id be happy with 12%

The pic BIB posted i like his lean look like his abs etc, just his pecs and everywhere else arent big enough, maybe because he is 5ft10 i dont know, his arms just look long and wierd lol

i want to look thick(stock) and lean, he looks good but kind of scrawny, and i couldnt deal with that look even if it was temporary,
    Well that's because that guy in the pic isn't lean enough

Im 203lbs, i want to be 214lbs-ish but lean like 12% would be a nice start, then maybe 10% once i get there but id be happy with 12%

Ignore BIBs picture, he was merely proving a point.

For you to best achieve what you want, you need to drop another 5% fat minimum.

CURRENT ----- 203lbs - 20% bodyfat = 162.4lbs LBM (total 40.6lbs fat)
    PROPOSED ----215lbs - 15% bodyfat = 182.75lbs LBM (total 32.25lbs fat)

You need to add 20lbs of lean mass to reach your goal mate. So you really should start from the basepoint BF% you want to maintain, and work from there.

*Edit* You also need to drop a 8lbs of pure fat.
    Last edited by krugerr; 02-19-2016 at 06:56 AM.
    TheTaxMan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Hey Bio, is this the one we're going in on?! Let's do it, brother!
    yes it is brother. Hopefully we get something out this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    He wants to look big, but not physically be small. I guess he means in terms of weight/presence.

However - Taxman, you've got this backward. By losing the fat, you'll look much bigger and have more presence.
    The pic BIB posted he doesnt look like he has any presence though (imo)

Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    Ignore BIBs picture, he was merely proving a point.

For you to best achieve what you want, you need to drop another 5% fat minimum.

CURRENT ----- 203lbs - 20% bodyfat = 162.4lbs LBM (total 40.6lbs fat)
    PROPOSED ----215lbs - 15% bodyfat = 182.75lbs LBM (total 32.25lbs fat)

You need to add 20lbs of lean mass to reach your goal mate. So you really should start from the basepoint BF% you want to maintain, and work from there.

*Edit* You also need to drop a 8lbs of pure fat.
    Thanks for that kruger

I think im going to try to cut 8lbs of fat now on my cruise (i have just over 6 weeks) then lean bulk on the test and tren ?

Sound good?
    Im sure its doable, im sure they say you can lose 2lbs a week, so could even aim for 12lbs then hit the cycle and grow!
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 02-19-2016 at 07:38 AM.

MrFreshmaker is offline Productive Member
    Thanks for that kruger I think im going to try to cut 8lbs of fat now on my cruise (i have just over 6 weeks) then lean bulk on the test and tren? Sound good? Im sure its doable, im sure they say you can lose 2lbs a week, so could even aim for 12lbs then hit the cycle and grow!
    I had asked a question a while back about cutting,and here what Marcuss replied to me:
    Originally Posted by marcus300
    Muscle definition will come form low bf, if you don't see big difference in size from before and after picts then is is due to what I said earlier, they are going around in circles like about 90% of bb's do, building tissue on cycle then wasting it away dieting, then going back on cycle to build the tissue they lost then dieting and losing the precious tissue they built, can you see a clue why this is happening?? like I said in my earlier post. To many diet to fast, use every product going all at the same time and really restrict cals. If I diet my main priority is muscle preservation and slowly attack my bf while maintain every lbs I've built, do you know why I feel like this?? because ive been through hell and back building huge size and thickness and I WONT WASTE IT AWAY by these stupid beach bodybuilders giving advice who have no idea how to preserve tissue while losing bf. By the way. I was once one the above guys who was fix ion this vicious circle

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information