mindmuscle is offline New Member

Revived old guy new to forum from CO.

Hi,

Ive lurked a little while and read some of what is posted here. Looks pretty knowledgable and helpful as well as not a lot of that BS other places have..

A little backround..

Im 40 years old, Used to work out and be in awesome shape many years ago as well as did competetive powerlifting. I really never had the build of a powerlifter more like a bodybuilder. I never thought about going the route of bodybuilding then. Well life as we all know can happen and after 20 years of inactivity and a VERY severe incident involving MRS staph and almost losing life or limb and then having my weight skyrocket and my health go bad I had enough. So Now since the first of the year I began training. Ive dropped from 320lbs to 265. Ive watched my body fat drop inmensly. Ive gone from a 44" waist to a 38 (and belive I can get as small as a 32-30") Ive enlisted a bodybuilding trainer and gotten on the right track.. I plan to do my first competitive show next June. Life is good!!

Anyhow Looks like a great place to learn alot. Im not ready yet to start any cycles yet as I have a ways to go with what I have naturally first (lower my BF and grow. Turns out I have some pretty decent gentics) but with what there is for knowldge on everything here It looks like more I can learn from to take myself as far as possible.

MindMuscle

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    You are not old at all, and Welcome aboard

Thanks, I dont feel old nor do I look old. Most the folks that meet me guess Im between 25 to 30.. But thats now.. After spending some time getting in fair shape. (still have a ways to go but...) A year ago I looked worse then a 40.. I guess for me the "old comes from seeing mostly younger then I am people at the gyms and such and Maybe its a lil later in life to start bodybuilding... But I plan to give it a try. Wish I would have done this 20 years ago, cause I would probably be plenty huge and where I want to be..

Again Thanks for the welcome!!!

MM

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    Welcome from another old bastard

Welcome.

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to AR...

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

natureboy is offline Member
    Welcome to AR

thanks to all for such a warm welcome!!!!

stpete is offline Banned
    Welcome.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    40? Not old at all! join the club! Welcome to AR.

I kinda figured at 40 my body wouldnt be able to do much growing, it would take longer to heal as well as my testosterone level would be lower. BUT to my suprise not the case. I heal quite easily. Im making great gains with pretty much ease. So I guess your right, 40 isnt to old to be a hard core Body builder. So far the key has been the right diet and suppliments and a VERY good mind muscle connection making my workouts very intense and benificial for my growth as well as losing the body fat. I do know that eventually my natural growth will have its limiits. Thus I will look at possibly/probably doing some sort of stack. Just not sure what though. Will have to do some more research on that as Im newbie to all the gear.

G4R
    G4R is offline Anabolic Voice of Reason
    Welcome aboard

Thread Information