getinold is offline Junior Member

startin to slow down

Hi guys,
    Newbie here just to say hi.Been tryin to get back into shape.Just turned 50 with a mind of a 20yr old.What the hell happened?Been bodybuilding about 30 years now and its just not there any more.Still strong and intensity there but recovery down.O well i refuse to get old.Age will never get me.I will enjoy reading posts from other older body builders what you do too adjust to this problem.Never too old to learn more......

Dont wanna be old is offline Knowledgeable Member

Don't just read , throw down on some 1/2 century of experience !!!

Experience yeah,I have the bad back from my younger years to prove it.I learned to adjust my work outs to work around these problems.I see the youngsters making the same mistake that i made.But i don't know how to tell them there technique to going to get them selves in trouble, so i just shake my head.Dieting is my biggest problem.when i was in my younger years i could lose or gain weight at will.Enter the 50s o my god,all the rules have changed.Twice as much cardio half as much food intake and still have to find a happy medium for weight training its a battle.Refuse to get old!!!!!!!

stpete is offline Banned
    Welcome. Well you're doing pretty good if you ask me. I've had to change a lot and i'm 40. And freakin feel it sometimes too!! I agree with the calorie consumption as well. I used to be able to eat anything i wanted, whenever i wanted till 2-3 years ago.
    All the best man. Good luck.

CMonkey is offline Associate Member
    Welcome....enjoy your stay, there are a few members on here that are on TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy), due to the fact of running cycles to young or age related. Possibly you may be a candidate for that. Anyways good luck!

I thought about TRT.I just had a physical and my Doc tell me my test levels within limits.Bummer.I have not done a cycle in a few years.They have a mens health center here i thought about going to,but if my test limits are with in limits should i even try?I am on the fence on that one.One of my biggest problems is i still train like iam 20. My mind tells me i still am,my body argues that.I shall survive.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    welcome, your levels are withing limits but how do you feel?

westco28 is offline Junior Member
    welcome ever since i hit 40 ive noticed a slow down but im not giving in im going to fight back. refusing to grow old.

Intense work out,30 min. cardio.i am shot for the day.Like i want to shut down.Cant seem to recover very well.I am down to working out 4 times a week.Any more and i go to over train mode,tired and irritable.Like i said earlier regulating my diet is a constant battle.To give me enough energy to train yet not gain fat.That fine line.It seems impossible to adjust protein,carbs,supplements,etc...frustrating.Not like it use to be...

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    i was just asking how you feel because some docs even though you fall into a normal range for your age they will still treat you if you are presenting with signs and symptoms.did he tell you if your range was low or high norm

My Doc tells me i am in the normal range.My symtoms tells me i am not.There is a mens health clinic here and was pondering visiting.Still on the fence on that one.

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    Do, you won't regret it IMO
    btw welcome

I will,I have a appointment with my reg Doc first this morning.Will see were that goes.Hope he can help me out.

Alexia is offline Female Member
    welcome

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    welcome

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Thread Information