Implement is offline Junior Member

Introduction overdue

Hello ladies and fellas,

I have been hanging out and soaking in the scene, for roughly a year now. This forum is full of knowledgeable, seasoned vets; loads of great research and information; entertaining/hilarious discussions; authentic, attentive support; and its share of self-righteous, overly opinionated, mean-spirited assholes. Overall, it is a community that I have used to seek information and have enjoyed checking in on, consistently, for quite a while. It is something that I want in on, and would like to officiate my existence and participation.

It was not until, about a week ago, that I peeped a sound. Spectating and referencing was my forte. In my mind, it was only a matter of time, before I began to contribute. I have run some gear, in the past (which, inevitably, details will be shared about in their appropriate sections), and I will be riding that train again, in about 2 weeks. It has been my intention to post this cycle, along with before and after pics. So, my introduction to the forum was held off, until now, because I was waiting to be cycle-ready. That time has nearly arrived.

Knowing in the back of my mind, that I would be creating a thread to document my cycle, I began participating and making posts, last weekend, I believe. This introduction should have preceded those posts, and for that I apologize. So far, I have already been involved in one squabble and chewed out some other guy, for being a prick. That's not my goal or interest, but I have learned quickly, that it may be a part of the territory. I will try to steer clear, however. Seeking advice and support, as well as offering it to others is why I'm here.

I bring a decent amount of knowledge and experience to the table. In a week and half from now, I will have been imprinting this Earth for 32 years. When I was 13 or 14 y/o, I started to gravitate toward pushing weights. Wherever I was, if I saw a bench, I was getting under that bar and pushing whatever the hell I could. In my sophomore year of HS, I took weight training as a class and got more serious and learned some fundamentals. I got stronger and grew some, eventually acquiring some shape. During my freshman year of college, while I was busy earning my way toward academic probation, my top priority in life was training. My lifting partner was a buddy, who had gone to HS with me and taken 1st place in his state weight lifting comp. So, with him and knowledge compiled from stacks of mags, I lifted and ate my way to significant gains. I recall, coming home one weekend that year, and having my efforts noted and complimented. It was a great feeling. While attending a football game at my former HS, a kid I knew said, "What have they been feeding you up there...Volkswagens?" It was an ego boost, for sure. Since then, I have lifted on and off, but mostly on. Along the way, I got my PT cert, with ISSA, and had a brief stint in a Master's program in Exercise Science and Physiology. That came to a close, when I applied to be a trainer at a major, corporate gym, and was persuaded into being a PT sales manager, instead. This quickly turned into more than a full time gig and, foolishly, I let the schooling go. After two years, I let the job go and walked away from that plantation.

So, I have gotten my learn on, both on the floor of the gym and in the books. I love training. I love to help out and educate others about training. At the same time, by no means, am I super-conservative, or strictly religious about it, either. There is no fronting, over here, what I know and what I do, are not always in alignment and they never will be. I can be pretty strict, but I'll leave the competition preparation to the competitors. At the same time, I intend to become more practiced and committed. Hence, my chosen screen name, Implement. In fact, my primary intention in joining this forum in the first place, was to document my upcoming cycle and allow it create an additional sense of accountability. The photos and your subsequent commentary won't lie.

I took off a full year. Due to overwhelming, personal circumstances in my life, which need not be revealed, I spent over year in a steady, downward spiral (no, it was not drug addiction). I have been depressed and stressed out to the point where I felt mentally incapacitated and have been merely trying to stay afloat, in all aspects of life. When the lifting stops, the diet goes out the door. At least, it does with me. I have been in awful shape.

So, for the last two months, or so, I have mustered up some consistency back in the gym, and have cleaned up the diet a bit. Strength is returning and I have dropped a good ten lbs. In addition, I have been slowly compiling some gear, for several months, now. With my current financial constraints, I am unable to acquire as much as I would like, but I do believe that what I've got should the trick. But, I will continue that conversation, where it belongs.

That introduction may be the longest recorded, and perhaps, entirely too long. It felt like a lot. Still, I want you guys to know my story, so that you know where I am coming from and who I am. Hopefully, most of you will accept me and get my back. It would be cool to develop some relationships (no homo) and I am happy to meet you guys.

I am Implement.

makelovenotwar21 is offline Associate Member
    Welcome Implement

Pr3ss is offline New Member
    Now thats a Introduction welcome.

Implement is offline Junior Member
    Thank you, guys.

Thread Information