Morbid76 is offline New Member

I will not go out like this.

This is going to be long winded, especially for a first post. It is my hope someone with knowledge will be bored enough to read it and point me in the right direction.

I am 34 and a straight up buttlerball fatass. I'm 5'6 and 235lbs. At my fattest I was 280lbs. I knew I was kinda fat but seriously did not realise how fat I was. I looked in the mirror and saw a good looking guy that was a lil chubby. Then one day I saw a picture. I had a fing fat roll on the back of my neck! Well I stared at that picture all night. This was not the guy in the mirror! I could'nt sleep. I decided "this gets fixed now!"
    I have tried many times over the years to implement some discipline and failed everytime up to that point. That day I decided I would rather die than live like this. I went over the usual things in my mind. Diet: failed everytime. Exercise: failed everytime. I always fail w exercise because the shear boredom drives me mad.
    My diet really isn't so bad if I were getting off my ass more often. The one thing I did wrong in my diet was drink. I liked my wiskey&coke and just drank a shitload of coke all day. That was actually very easy to stop. I stoped that 2 years ago.
    To address exercise I quit my comfortable job and became a helper on a construction crew. I reduced my income by about %70 with that one lol. So in south MS heat my fat ass waddles out to the job site and everyone stares in disbelief "this is the new helper?!". My mission was simple, I would make it through the summer or die. Their mission was simple, come up with hard shit for the fat guy to do and see if he passes out. They through alot of insults and this was an odd thing for me. I have never been a guy that people would feel comfortable mouthing off to unless they were looking for a fight. I just shut my mouth and kept pushing. Told myself "If I break the boss I get fired and don't make it through summer."
    The first 2 months were brutal. Basic in the Army was a joke compared to this.
    I dropped 50lbs fast. I then began to bulk up on muscle and lose fat but stayed around 230lbs. I did this for 2 years and became fairly fit. I had always been muscular in my youth but weighed in at about 170lbs when I was lean. While my arms are bigger than they were then I am still carrying atleast 30-40lbs of fatass around.
    I reached a point that I enjoy the sweat and the pain. I push myself as hard as I think I should. I also sleep well. So assuming my sweating and pushing 5 days a week is adequate exercise then the answer should be diet right? In the last year I have done Atkins (what I like to eat anyway ) to nothing but 3 slimfast a day. Either I do not lose any weight or or I start to lose muscle and feal like I cant get my blood going. Its not long before I am saying to hell with it and eating like a horse at lunch so I can have the energy I need to work.
    I have had to get a real job now as I do need to make money even though I miss working outside. So I am in danger of losing what I have gained and I am nowhere near where I want to be. I need a diet and I need an exercise routine that I don't have to think about. If I think about it too much I will just think about it and not do it. I am hoping the info I need will be really simple shit to the guys in here. So I will continue to read and hope the "golden plan" lands in my lap. I have never been into weights as I never felt I needed them. My build even at 170 is pretty stocky at 5'6 and that was when I had <10% body fat.
    I am ready to try weights protein whatever. I still need to get the rest of this gut off and I like my new arms. I hope to find guidance here to get to the next level.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Props to you for giving up your better paid job for working outside, That itself indicates to me that you can be motivated when you put your mind to it. It was a little confusing, what are your current stats

Weight
    Bodyfat%
    Training experience

Welcome to Anabolic Review

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    None of you probably know what this is, but I pulled lumber at a saw mill for two years. Green chain. Long side. Rollers were non mechanized. It was a high volume mill and we had to pull all the lumber come down the chain. 185lbs of almost pure lean.

Anyone that had any fat at all when they arrived, it would just melt off almost right away with this job.

Good for you mate!

Supertrooper17 is offline Banned-I wanted to scam so bad but got caught!
    Your PM function is not available until you reach 50 posts.... and for your sake Please read our rules *admin*

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Welcome.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome! You came to a great place..hope you hang out!

bruary17 is offline Member
    "This is going to be long winded, especially for a first post. It is my hope someone with..." That's as far as I got bro.

swllce is offline Associate Member
    I once saw a sign i a gym that reads,If you want something you never had you must be willing to do something you never did.
    Its a bit harsh or blunt ,but nevertheless a good benchmark to follow in life.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Welcome, you'll get all the help and support you need here.

Tony Stacks is offline Associate Member
    Seems like you're motivated to change. I've been in construction my whole life so I know first hand what you're going through. The new guy always gets the garbage work. Best thing about living in MN is that we get 3 months off work for Winter. Anyways, this is a great place for information. Read as much as possible. (including the rules)

Great to have you here bro

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard.

Thread Information