having a hard time posting cause of the anti spam software, hehe ill try and edit it better.
i am new here obviously. and i got a different type of help to ask for. i got some good info trolling here so i figured i would join the site and ask a few questions and see if i am wasting my time and hopes,

i am 37 yr old male, 5'10 265lbs. i have had 4 knee surgeries and no cartilage left under my knee caps. i got 2 herniated disks in my back and 1 bad one forming in my neck. i was recently diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis and it hasnt been that bad thank god. tried many mds for relief, but my dr wants me on a biologic now like humeria, but i want to wait..
i had lymes disease 3 times since 2009 an i was walking dead for 6 months from it. i been on a host of very strong pain blockers and other anti depressants and anti anxiety from lymes messing up my body royally. i am going to detox tomorrow cause i am sick of being on powerful pain blockers and i want to stop all of them to see what my pain level really is. i want to diet and get fit and possibly get some muscle mass by taking some sort of supplement,

all my dr's dont want me to do anything to get fit, my back dr says that from the back back and neck i have nerve damage, not severe, he says if i work out that my nerves cant fire my muscles enough to get a workout that my muscles need and all i will end up doing is getting hurt or putting myself in more pain by working out.
i joined a gym and i been doing cardio via bike and light weights via machines, but i want more. i want to loose like 40lbs and tone and add some muscle and be able to get around and not so tired and a mess.
is there a diet or any supplement i can use to help to get myself over that first hump and get some weight loss and some muscle tone to allow me to keep up my health. im not looking to look like a wrestler from WWE. but i want to look like i used to in HS when i was 220 and played football and wrestled. i want to be about 225 - 235. not overly big, just decent.

is there hope for me to get what i seek or should i listen to the Dr's and get back on the couch? Lol!

thanks for the help and criticizm.