Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By juellz

Thread: Been reading for over a year now

juellz is offline New Member

Been reading for over a year now

Hey all, I've been scouring the forums for a little past a year now. I've also been training for two years. I'm definitely interested in starting my first cycle within the next year or so.

Appreciate any advice I can get/links , etc

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    So what have you been doing to prepare for your first cycle in a year?

You're about at the right age. A little light on the gym time but I won't flame you for it.

How do your stats look?

height
    weight
    bf%
    knowledge of nutrition as it relates to body building

I'm 5'3
    165lbs
    18% bf (more or less)
    26 years old

I only eat the same list of foods and vary between those.
    At least 1g protein/lbs and I make sure to get 70Grams of fat, and fill rest with carbs/fat.
    I know exactly how much calories I take every day and log ALL my foods.
    (weigh ALL my foods everyday and I know everything I've eaten for the past 2 years).
    I've been training off and on years before that but I don't consider them.

I continually vary my training routine every 4-5 months.
    (between 5x5strength, only compounds VERSUS high volume => compounds w/extra iso exercises).
    I've hit everybody parts no less than twice per week.
    Last edited by juellz; 06-09-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by juellz View Post
    Hey all, I've been scouring the forums for a little past a year now. I've also been training for two years. I'm definitely interested in starting my first cycle within the next year or so.

Appreciate any advice I can get/links , etc
    Is there something specific you need answered?

The biggest question that I have is:

Can I continue my training method if it's allowing to make gains currently?

OR

Do I have to go on a "enhanced" routine?

I'm 5'3
    165lbs
    18% bf (more or less)
    26 years old

I only eat the same list of foods and vary between those.
    At least 1g protein/lbs and I make sure to get 70Grams of fat, and fill rest with carbs/fat.
    I know exactly how much calories I take every day and log ALL my foods.
    (weigh ALL my foods everyday and I know everything I've eaten for the past 2 years).
    I've been training off and on years before that but I don't consider them.

I continually vary my training routine every 4-5 months.
    (between 5x5strength, only compounds VERSUS high volume => compounds w/extra iso exercises).
    I've hit everybody parts no less than twice per week.
    very good.

Now let's try to get the body fat % down to at least 15%, preferably lower. There is a correlation between BF% and estradiol, as it aromatizes out from testosterone . Do you understand the theory behind this?

The biggest question that I have is:

Can I continue my training method if it's allowing to make gains currently?

OR

Do I have to go on a "enhanced" routine?
    good question.

if you are still making gains currently, then a pretty good sign you should hold off on the steroids . If you go about this intelligently, you can have a successful and long history of cycling IF you learn to use it as a plateau buster (when gains no longer come naturally), and learn to slowly grow into your cycles. this means being frugal with your steroid usage, using the least amount possible and still enjoying the benefit of cycling with gear.

Remember, as with any drug, there are risks to your current and long term health with steroids. Be respectful of them, and don't get "hooked" into thinking that the only way of working out is while "enhanced".

LOL absolutely, I am cutting as we speak... down from 181.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    good question.

if you are still making gains currently, then a pretty good sign you should hold off on the steroids . If you go about this intelligently, you can have a successful and long history of cycling IF you learn to use it as a plateau buster (when gains no longer come naturally), and learn to slowly grow into your cycles. this means being frugal with your steroid usage, using the least amount possible and still enjoying the benefit of cycling with gear.

Remember, as with any drug, there are risks to your current and long term health with steroids. Be respectful of them, and don't get "hooked" into thinking that the only way of working out is while "enhanced".

That was an eye opener. Couldn't have asked for better response.

I was definitely considering going for the lowest possible dosage of Test but that's about it.
    (still at LEAST a year in the future).

But you do make me realise that I am wary of becoming "used to" the feeling of faster progress... As it stands right now I am "used to" whatever results I am currently getting... It would definately suck if I lose track of this and my immaturity takes over enhanced.

Thanks a bunch! I will seriously contemplate this issue. It's very DEEP insight. I have to work on myself before I can consider jumping on any gear. I am not sure if I am mature enough at this point.
    Last edited by juellz; 06-09-2013 at 06:39 PM.

That was an eye opener. Couldn't have asked for better response.

I was definitely considering going for the lowest possible dosage of Test but that's about it.
    (still at LEAST a year in the future)

Thanks a bunch!
    I believe you are going about this the right way. You are really on the edge of being ready, instead of being ready itself.

In one year, you'll have three years of gym time under your belt, you'll have your body fat % down below 15%, and you will experience a successful first cycle because you were ready or it.

During this year, you can really focus on perfecting your routines (i'm constantly trying to improve what I do), focusing on slower, more deliberate movements, spending time on the negs, and getting the diet right.

I know you said it was dialed in, but just for the hell of it, post the detail of your diet in the nutrition, along with your TDEE, and macros per meal and total macros for the day. This is one of the most underrated areas that bodybuilders overlook, and potentially, the biggest area for you to make some good improvements.

Give it a shot

I hit 160 grams of protein. (Whey, chicken breast/thighs, Steak)
    70 grams of fat minimum (from meat sources above, peanuts & almonds, chick peas)
    Carbs, at least 150grams if fat was particularly high that day, this varies.
    (white potato, sweet potato, brown toast, Pita, Green peas, Chick peas, kidney beans)

Usually 40%p, 25-40%fat, 20-35%carb (vary carbs depending on fat...but fat is always 70grams at least).

And I don't separate macros per meal... I eat 3 meals a day and I fit things accordingly but I will not have a meal with less than 50-60 grams of protein in it as a minimum.

On a bulk, I would eat 2400-3000 range.
    For my cut, I am eating about 1700 calories
    (I am pretty sure if I eat anymore than this I will not maintain goal 1lbs/week based on field experience... haven't lost any weight for past 2 weeks at around 1900 )

As for TDEE, I consider myself a "Light activity" even if I workout 7 times a week....
    The reason for this is
    1)I have tested out calorie ranges in the past and my body seems to maintain weight even at ridiculously low levels... also, I chose light activity because
    2)I don't do full body workouts and my sessions are extremely short! (I don't like to do tons of sets, nore more than 2 parts in one session but I make sure I hit each part twice in the week).

So my TDEE, according to Scooby's, is 2400 which I am 100% sure is innacurate for my body... I will easily put on weight if I ate that much. I think my maintenance is about 2100 calories at most.

Just as background info:

-Cut from 180ish to 132 during 2011-2012.
    -Bulked from 134 to 181 (2012summer - April 2013).
    Last edited by juellz; 06-09-2013 at 07:14 PM.

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100

Quote Originally Posted by Sexy4mySweetheart View Post
    Thank you sweetheart!

Live for the PUMP is offline Senior Member
    Welcome

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    Great advice by TR.

OP youre going about this in such a mature way. Methodical, safe, getting your training and diet in check first, getting a good base built naturally. Asking for advice and listening to it instead of presuming arguments against that advice. I'm impressed its nice to see someone go about this with patience and an open mind (ie correctly). GL!

thehor is offline Member
    Welcome.

tigerspawn is offline Senior Member
    Welcome

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Java Man View Post
    Great advice by TR.

OP youre going about this in such a mature way. Methodical, safe, getting your training and diet in check first, getting a good base built naturally. Asking for advice and listening to it instead of presuming arguments against that advice. I'm impressed its nice to see someone go about this with patience and an open mind (ie correctly). GL!

Thanks a lot for the encouragement!

Appreciate everyone who took time to wish me well !
    Java Man likes this.

brazey is offline Steroid.com's Official Greeter
    Welcome to the community.

Thread Information