Logan13 is offline Banned

Enron founder Ken Lay dies

Sorry guys, no time to get a link.

Enron founder Ken Lay died last night in his Colorado home at 1:00am from a massive heart attack.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    good things happen to good people.

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    Could not have happened to a nicer guy.

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    Karma baby, karma.

daytrader is offline Member
    ahhhhh you guys... there were THOUSONDS of other people in on enron scandal !the http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/mark...&cm_ite=NA

Ufa
    Ufa is offline Anabolic Member
    I wish he could have rotted in prision. Surprised he did not flee to Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by daytrader
    ahhhhh you guys... there were THOUSONDS of other people in on enron scandal !the http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/mark...&cm_ite=NA
    And your point is?

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    No need to kick the corps.

biglouie250 is offline Anabolic Member
    thousands? more likely only the board and executives. remember technically nothing they did was illegal. the SEC gave them approval to use there mark for market accounting.

alphaman is offline Member
    The last years of his life were not fun, so it's not like he got off easily.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaman

a lot more fun than the lives of the people he ruined. screw him. go directly to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Defintely was a surprise

Quote Originally Posted by MMA
    a lot more fun than the lives of the people he ruined. screw him. go directly to hell, do not pass go, do not collect $200.
    Disclaimer: What he did was wrong, and I am in no way implying otherwise.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing that you have no idea what it's like to be the target of any sort of litigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Teabagger
    And your point is?
    My point is... and not making excuses for him.. BUT... Just about everyone on wall st had some sort of idea that this was going on, the analyst, The BANKING INSTITUTIONS, there accounting firm, there law firm....everyone had a hand out, but when shit hit the fan guess who takes the fall... they didnt start out to do this... i mean lay and skilling are BRILLIANT men... its easy to sit here and call them scum.... but when you have an oppurtunity to make millions and HUNDEREDS of millions of dollars, and all your peers have no problem... its tough to do the right thing i guess :

Badgerman is offline Banned
    My point is... and not making excuses for him.. BUT... Just about everyone on wall st had some sort of idea that this was going on, the analyst, The BANKING INSTITUTIONS, there accounting firm, there law firm....everyone had a hand out, but when shit hit the fan guess who takes the fall... they didnt start out to do this... i mean lay and skilling are BRILLIANT men... its easy to sit here and call them scum.... but when you have an oppurtunity to make millions and HUNDEREDS of millions of dollars, and all your peers have no problem... its tough to do the right thing i guess :

and the guy who called him "Kenny Boy".........the same close relative of the guy who sank the Silverado S&L........Our illustrious.......GW Bush

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Had he survived, the last years of his life in prison getting used as currency by the inmates would have been a lot worse than death....

I don't know about you all, but I'd rather die in my sleep than have my asshole be an archery range for porksword arrows the next 30 years....
    Last edited by Phreak101; 07-06-2006 at 01:46 PM.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member

I'm guessing that you have no idea what it's like to be the target of any sort of litigation.

At the same time you don't know what its like to be on the verge of retiring and have your entire pension wiped out as well as medical benefits. Thousands lost everything. Too bad the news doesnt cover that side of the story and the poor SOB's who now have to work until the day they die.

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    At the same time you don't know what its like to be on the verge of retiring and have your entire pension wiped out as well as medical benefits. Thousands lost everything. Too bad the news doesnt cover that side of the story and the poor SOB's who now have to work until the day they die.
    Amen to that!

ect0m0rph is offline Member
    I agree its one thing to be money driven it is another to screw over thousands of pensions in the pursuit of a larger guest house.

I agree.... its sad... lose lose situation here :..... only point i was making is the biggest mistake they made was getting caught!!... up until then EVERYONE was profitng... the employees included...

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerman
    and the guy who called him "Kenny Boy".........the same close relative of the guy who sank the Silverado S&L........Our illustrious.......GW Bush
    You really are boring...and one dimensional.

I agree.... its sad... lose lose situation here :..... only point i was making is the biggest mistake they made was getting caught!!... up until then EVERYONE was profitng... the employees included...
    The mistake he made, along with a few, not thousands, was doing the wrong thing...building a house of cards...he did that, or allowed it with full knowledge and foresight...he's actually worse than a common liquor store bandit....the bandit steals from you while in your face...these scum smiled and shook hands with you as their other hand was lifting your wallet.

As far as the prison...unfortunately he would have, and the others will spend their time in Club Fed, a country club facility for the very rich and politicians. No late night bung raping for them. Foods pretty good, one man to a room, not a cell, but a room, many things to do...it makes me sick. Send'em to a real prison..........

I put a disclaimer on there, but-- well, nevermind.

My only point was that the last couple years of his life were hell. That's all. Not saying anything else.

Phreak- I doubt that's the type of prison he'd of gone to.1

Phreak- I doubt that's the type of prison he'd of gone to.1
    If I ran this country it would have been....

MMA
    MMA is offline VET

i have been the target of litigation before, and it was very stressful. but it's not as stressful as having nothing to put on the table to feed your children. times 10,000 people. not as hard as becoming homeless. not as hard as being 70 years old with arthritis in your knees, and still having to stand up bagging groceries ten hours a day, because a bunch of greedy ass-holes stole your pension. i'll take the life of a retired billionaire on a yacht who has to talk to his lawyers on his cell phone sometimes, any day of the week.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    You really are boring...and one dimensional.
    And you are really stupid when you don't see the financial misdeeds are done over and over by the same group of elites........but that's ok......a fool and his money are soon parted.........so continue your foolish ways.

The mistake he made, along with a few, not thousands, was doing the wrong thing...building a house of cards...he did that, or allowed it with full knowledge and foresight...he's actually worse than a common liquor store bandit....the bandit steals from you while in your face...these scum smiled and shook hands with you as their other hand was lifting your wallet.

As far as the prison...unfortunately he would have, and the others will spend their time in Club Fed, a country club facility for the very rich and politicians. No late night bung raping for them. Foods pretty good, one man to a room, not a cell, but a room, many things to do...it makes me sick. Send'em to a real prison..........
    not a few, maybe not a thousand... but many were indirectly related... IE... they knew SOMETHING was awry...but choose not to say anything because there pockets were lined nicely, thanks to enron (yes top executives, however, did you forget about there accounting firm, there law firm, other companys doing business with enron, and ofcourse the top investment banks on wall st. ALL were in on it, all KNEW enron was not making even close to the profits they were reporting)

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    i was reading on a site that he actually fled the country or faked his death because people wanted to kill him out of fear that he would snitch or something illl find the link brbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    http://www.allhiphop.com/rumors/index.asp

its a rumors section but eh...just something i thought id share scroll down its in there

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios
    http://www.allhiphop.com/rumors/index.asp

its a rumors section but eh...just something i thought id share scroll down its in there
    Dude did you seriously just post a link from allhiphop.com in this thread?? haha ... ya i was wondering this myself too......my buddy in the army was telling me about some book or theory...economic hitman?... i dunno ill look into it

Thread Information