Logan13 is offline Banned

Fighting With Israel Deepens Lebanese Divisions Over Hezbollah

Fighting With Israel Deepens Lebanese Divisions Over Hezbollah
    BEIRUT, Lebanon — Lebanon's prime minister all but promised on Saturday to rein in Hezbollah in an effort to stop Israel's pounding of his country. But any such move could prove hugely divisive in this state still rebuilding from civil war.
    I decided to post this in response to another member's assertion that 80%+ of Lebanese people actually back Hezbollah.

full article: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,203825,00.html

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    I'll repeat...Hez is done. They will continue with the few useful idiots willing to blow themselves up for some fag hiding in Syria, but as any type of effective political or armed force, they have screwed the pooch.

eliteforce is offline Member
    Lets not forget how Israel got itself into this Hez mess.. Yasir Arafat used to be in S. Lebanon fireing rockets at Israel.. by the late 1970's people like Senator Paul Findley convinced him to take a Palestinian state in the WBank and Gaza, he said that was OK if Israel would agree to withdrawing from the P territories..
    Israels Likud govt with Begin & Sharon refused to cede any territory to Palestine and instead invaded Lebanon to go after the PLO..after losing 1000 men, killing 20,000 Leb. & Pal. and chaseing Arafat off to Tunis they were forced to withdraw from an endless quagmire..their vicious attack radicalized the Shiites in the South who suffered from their onslaught, so instead of having the PLO down there they got Hezbollah.. now Hezbollah has become a much more sophesticated guerilla commando force then the PLO ever was..so all Israel can do now is bomb.

The easy solution: Israel withdraws Army/settlers to the 1967 borders, no Palestinian refugees into Israel, Arabs aggree to total cessation of guerilla type attacks, no suicide bombs, rockets, etc. and Lebanon totally disarms Hezbollah & Palestine totally disarms Hamas..how do we get there as quickly as possible?

Badgerman is offline Banned
    Take away everyones guns and give them sticks........way more fun to watch.....

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteforce
    The easy solution: Israel withdraws Army/settlers to the 1967 borders, no Palestinian refugees into Israel, Arabs aggree to total cessation of guerilla type attacks, no suicide bombs, rockets, etc. and Lebanon totally disarms Hezbollah & Palestine totally disarms Hamas..how do we get there as quickly as possible?
    a solution to sane people maby. But how do you sell that to the religious fanatics that doesnt think israel has a right to exist at all? It doesnt matter how much land israel gives to palestine. Those kind of people will still want more until there are no Israel.

Badgerman is offline Banned
    I mean......in 100 years.......I could care less if Israel exists.......

eliteforce

Israel lived up to the requirements...Gaza withdrawal, West Bank withdrawal, Palastinian self rule. Lebanon has not lived up to its requirements...disarm Hez, put troops on their border is necessary to stop cross border attacks. Pal Authority has not lived up to its requirements...no terrorist attacks.

As Johan said, when Israel gives up something in the name of peace, all they get is demands for more. Lets face it and be honest...organizations such as Hamas, Hez, etc... and countries such as Iran and Syria do not, and will not recognize Israel right to exist. Syria and Iran continue to fan the flames and support the terrorist wings of these organizations.

The thinking of these countries and organizations has not changed since the 1970's. Make claims and demands in the name of peace followed by violence and terrorism until those claims and demands are met, in the name of peace, then make new claims and demands, followed by violence and terrorism. Their thinking is flawed today however because this is not the same world today as in the 1970's. Appeasement has not worked, and will not work. Nothing will ever be enough for these people except the total elimination of Israel...and that my friend is not gonna happen.

ss01 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteforce
    Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Teabagger
    Israel lived up to the requirements...Gaza withdrawal, West Bank withdrawal, Palastinian self rule. Lebanon has not lived up to its requirements...disarm Hez, put troops on their border is necessary to stop cross border attacks. Pal Authority has not lived up to its requirements...no terrorist attacks.

As Johan said, when Israel gives up something in the name of peace, all they get is demands for more. Lets face it and be honest...organizations such as Hamas, Hez, etc... and countries such as Iran and Syria do not, and will not recognize Israel right to exist. Syria and Iran continue to fan the flames and support the terrorist wings of these organizations.

The thinking of these countries and organizations has not changed since the 1970's. Make claims and demands in the name of peace followed by violence and terrorism until those claims and demands are met, in the name of peace, then make new claims and demands, followed by violence and terrorism. Their thinking is flawed today however because this is not the same world today as in the 1970's. Appeasement has not worked, and will not work. Nothing will ever be enough for these people except the total elimination of Israel...and that my friend is not gonna happen.
    Wrong. Total elimination of Israel will happen because of that state's underhanded politics and manipulation of peoples. It will be eliminated by radicalized muslims who are insulted and warred upon again and again all the while trying to make it look like Israel wants peace. Israel wants peace on ONLY ITS OWN TERMS. Peace requires to be put first, not second after some religious principles and political ego crap. Too bad for them.

pipe dream

Quote Originally Posted by ss01
    Right.

Wrong. Total elimination of Israel will happen because of that state's underhanded politics and manipulation of peoples. It will be eliminated by radicalized muslims who are insulted and warred upon again and again all the while trying to make it look like Israel wants peace. Israel wants peace on ONLY ITS OWN TERMS. Peace requires to be put first, not second after some religious principles and political ego crap. Too bad for them.
    Sure, Israel will be elimanated by Muslim terrorists. That's what we Americans call a "pipe dream".

ss01 is offline Associate Member
    There are over 50 but less than 100 nuclear warheads at the bottom of oceans. Only a fraction are accounted for.

No one knows how many warheads from the previous USSR went missing.

Some muslims are humongously wealthy.

Add it up.

I guess the big question here is WHO puts peace after religious crap? Is it a highly secular Israel or a very religious palestine?

Last time I checked it wasnt jews that was blowing themself up in the name of a god....

Radical muslims are not created by israel or the west. Radical muslims are created by fanatical leaders that brainwashes people into beliving that shit. Get rid of those grease spots and peace might be possible. But aslong as idiots are preaching hatred in the name of a god no peace is possible.

There are over 50 but less than 100 nuclear warheads at the bottom of oceans. Only a fraction are accounted for.

Add it up.
    refs? What nuclear subs have went totaly lost?

We had radical christians in europe a couple of hundrad years ago. It wasnt caused by anything other than the stupidity of the european people at that time. Fortunaly europe pulled themself out of that mess. Its time for the middle east to do the same.

as i said

Add it up.
    As I said, pipe dream. Anyway, I heard that the lost nation of Atlantis found those nukes already. If they send a nuke into Israel, Israel will send one back = mutually assured distruction. On the other hand, if this got rid of the armpit of the world(Middle East) and all of the religious fanatics there, than I might be all for it. One problem for you though, does catching a nuke qualify you for your 72 virgins?

Right.

Actually too bad for the Lebanese and the Pals that want peace. Your vaunted Hez has really stepped on its dvck this time. The leadership of Hez is now marked for death, and I shouldn't have to remind you how long of a memory Israel has....these are "dead men walking" regardless of what happens, as will be their replacemnts. They overplayed their weak hand. But trying to talk to people like you is a wasted effort........

Thread Information