Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    I was listening to the news earlier and they had some nuke export on and he was saying that NK would be years away from that. Since this is there first test the weapon is probably huge. To large to even launch with a missile. It would take them a long time to miniaturise it.
    def- i'm not worried about NK launching nukes at us, i'm worried about them selling nukes to others who don't like us (terrorists). if u think about its very very possible considering NK HATES the us as do alot of others but they can't nuke us or start a war with us because too many other nations would take our side ie russia, britain. if they sold weapons to terrorists then that would create a major major problem for the U.S.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    on this I agree, sanctions hurt the wrong people. But doing nothing will give the appearance of weakness, and than every other nuke bent country will be trying to get theirs w/o concern for any consequences. It all started with the UN and their 17 failed sanctions against Iraq.

I think the situation calls for something more than a sanction against luxury items. Whatever the heck that is

Either all out blockade or nothing, everything inbetwen will only slowely starve the country.

Offcourse maby it would end dirty if forcing a nuclear country inbetwen a rock and a hard place. May the gods be nice and give kim jong aids.

I wonder what position china will take from now on....

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    I was listening to the news earlier and they had some nuke export on and he was saying that NK would be years away from that. Since this is there first test the weapon is probably huge. To large to even launch with a missile. It would take them a long time to miniaturise it.

sounds resonable. Building a nuke is easy. Building a effective and small nuke isnt...

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101
    They are a technology that we cannot uninvent. Downscaling the size of them is a necessity, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the U.S. likes being on top, and we wanna stay there. How do we stay there? By having the biggest swinging dick in the world, end of story.

Other than that, I can't think of anything.
    Well the russians do have the biggest arsenal so usa isnt on top in that regard. Not that it matters if one country has a few hundrad warheads more than the other if both has around 10k of them.

Seems like russia and usa isnt exactly rushing to fullfill the downsizing treaty they have signed

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I think the situation calls for something more than a sanction against luxury items. Whatever the heck that is

Either all out blockade or nothing, everything inbetwen will only slowely starve the country.

Offcourse maby it would end dirty if forcing a nuclear country inbetwen a rock and a hard place. May the gods be nice and give kim jong aids.

I wonder what position china will take from now on....
    what in the hell are you reading? Where did I say anything about luxury items. Either way, if the UN is left to deal with this situation, than north korea has nothing to worry about. north korea has just threatened to send a nuke tipped missle at the US, that in it self is an act of war. But you won't be happy until this nuke actually hits the US. Even than, Johan would be like "it was a mistake, lets not loose even more life because of a mistake." Thank god that this type of person does not make policy in the US.....

what in the hell are you reading? Where did I say anything about luxury items. Either way, if the UN is left to deal with this situation, than north korea has nothing to worry about. north korea has just threatened to send a nuke tipped missle at the US, that in it self is an act of war. But you won't be happy until this nuke actually hits the US. Even than, Johan would be like "it was a mistake, lets not loose even more life because of a mistake." Thank god that this type of person does not make policy in the US.....
    I mean that the sanctions proposed are for "luxury items" according to the news I have read. So I wasnt refering to your post with the luxury items comment, I was refering to the acctual proposals in the UN. Not as a critique towards your post.

I guess your not reading my posts since I am suggesting more harsh measures than regular sanctions? As usual offcourse only war is a option to you.

When has n.korea threatened to nuke the US? Recent news? Must have missed it.
    Either way you know there wont be a war. No country is going to start a war with a country that has nuclear weapons.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Where did you hear that? From what i have heard NK long range ballistic missile test have always failed. The ones they have can cover 2/3 of Japan. We its still a long way to the USA. Also with 1 nuke test they don't have a nuclear weapon. A nuclear missile would be years away.

Seems like russia and usa isnt exactly rushing to fullfill the downsizing treaty they have signed
    YES! That's what is wrong with the world today.
    Back to North korea...
    the US has held one-on-one talks with n korea. They had an agreement and n korea broke it, they lied. They got the money and continued with their plutonium enrichment, which they were given by the US in the 90's so that they could become energy self sufficiant. Is this starting to sound familiar guys(Iran?) Now here we are today, they have apparently tested their first nuke. They are whining because the current US administration's policy is to only talk with north korea via 6 country meetings. The reason that kim does not like this is that he must do whatever he promises to do this way since their would be 4 other countries involved which makes it harder to go back on your word. This guy only wants money, and we refuse to fall for it again. Does anyone besides myself find it strange that these nations who cannot even feed their own people wish to spend money on their own personal nuclear ambitions? The US should do absolutely nothing this time. Let the region figure it out, because unless China acts whatever we do will be for nothing and will be spun negatively against the US. You don't want a "global police force", than figure it out for yourselves. No man-power, no dollars, nothing. We will simply vote on the coming 15+ sanctions at the UN that will do absolutely nothing, just like it has done absolutely nothing in the past. You can not dangle carrot after carrot after carrot without at least the threat of a stick and then scratch your head wondering why it did not work. So don't lecture me about the need to talk to north korea....a snake will always have a forked tongue. If politicians from other countries are so smart, they should step forward and solve the situation instead just being the background noise.
    I would like solutions, not rhetoric and banter.
    -Logan13

I mean that the sanctions proposed are for "luxury items" according to the news I have read. So I wasnt refering to your post with the luxury items comment, I was refering to the acctual proposals in the UN. Not as a critique towards your post.

I guess your not reading my posts since I am suggesting more harsh measures than regular sanctions? As usual offcourse only war is a option to you.

When has n.korea threatened to nuke the US? Recent news? Must have missed it.
    Either way you know there wont be a war. No country is going to start a war with a country that has nuclear weapons.
    Maybe if the UN starts writing all of the sanctions in CAPITAL letters it will produce a result...........

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    YES! That's what is wrong with the world today.
    Back to North korea...
    the US has held one-on-one talks with n korea. They had an agreement and n korea broke it, they lied. They got the money and continued with their plutonium enrichment, which they were given by the US in the 90's so that they could become energy self sufficiant. Is this starting to sound familiar guys(Iran?) Now here we are today, they have apparently tested their first nuke. They are whining because the current US administration's policy is to only talk with north korea via 6 country meetings. The reason that kim does not like this is that he must do whatever he promises to do this way since their would be 4 other countries involved which makes it harder to go back on your word. This guy only wants money, and we refuse to fall for it again. Does anyone besides myself find it strange that these nations who cannot even feed their own people wish to spend money on their own personal nuclear ambitions? The US should do absolutely nothing this time. Let the region figure it out, because unless China acts whatever we do will be for nothing and will be spun negatively against the US. You don't want a "global police force", than figure it out for yourselves. No man-power, no dollars, nothing. We will simply vote on the coming 15+ sanctions at the UN that will do absolutely nothing, just like it has done absolutely nothing in the past. You can not dangle carrot after carrot after carrot without at least the threat of a stick and then scratch your head wondering why it did not work. So don't lecture me about the need to talk to north korea....a snake will always have a forked tongue. If politicians from other countries are so smart, they should step forward and solve the situation instead just being the background noise.
    I would like solutions, not rhetoric and banter.
    -Logan13
    As agressive as he may be, Logan is starting to make a lot of sense...

NK just tested a second nuke today. I am starting to believe that all leaders are liars, trust no one but your bretheren.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information