Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Interesting article about future US-EU relations

http://www.europeancourier.org/rival...ooperation.htm

One thing it fails to talk about is the economic problems the EU suffer from and focusing only on possible problems with the future US economy.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe a lot has to do with politics, there is no hiding that people despise a Bush led America and a sense of rivalry grows over partnership.

Its conventional arsenal allows the U.S. to intervene and conduct military operations in every part of the world, though not always successfully, as has been proved in Iraq.
    “The more the world understands democracy and learns to live without America, the faster America is becoming undemocratic [Witness the disputed election of George Bush in 2000.]

The United States, trying to justify its own imperialism, repeatedly seeks out and invents new enemies, fights against an “axis of evil” and seeks to democratize the world by force. The European Union doesn't seem to be aiming at political or military imperialism

How will Muslim immigrants in Europe react to the anti-Arab policy of the U.S.?
    Seems to me the author is biased and has somewhat skewed views. Quite evidently enough

Are moderate Muslim politicians unable to gain power in their countries because they are identified as supporters of U.S. policies?
    Yes

The topic is definitly an interesting one, I just found the penman quite weak to be honest.

yeah it was biased no doubt.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Wow, after reading those quotes it sound like a piece of garbage

where the hell have you been lately roid ?? glad to se you back

hmm this article won a award of excelence from the center of international relations.

RA
    Ive been under the weather johan

Ill shoot you a pm tonight or tomorrow.

btw, an award from a liberal organization doesnt mean much in my book

breacherup is offline Associate Member
    the death of the relationship between the US and Europe has been predicted a dozen times by all kinds of people in my lifetime.
    Six months ago I was working on a US Army base in the southern U.S., I asked a man with about 25 years in the Army if he was worried about his countries's standing in the eyes of the world. He answered that he would start worrying the first time another country sent a foreign aid check back...

RA
    Quote Originally Posted by breacherup
    the death of the relationship between the US and Europe has been predicted a dozen times by all kinds of people in my lifetime.
    Six months ago I was working on a US Army base in the southern U.S., I asked a man with about 25 years in the Army if he was worried about his countries's standing in the eyes of the world. He answered that he would start worrying the first time another country sent a foreign aid check back...

Good point.

Thread Information