Tock is offline Anabolic Member

The Catholic Inquisition denounces Gay rights, Abortion

As a FYI, the old Catholic Inquisition changed its name back in the 1870's to: the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. The present pope used to be the head of that group, and did what he could to root out heretics and blasphemers. I'm sure that if he had more political power, he would have felt obliged to burn them in grand Auto de fe's ( http://www.isfsp.org/auto.html ) like they did in the old days . . .

These are the same people who refused for centuries to admit that the earth revolves around the sun, and not the other way around:
    http://courses.science.fau.edu/~rjor...EO/galileo.htm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070423/...pope_gays_dc_1

By Philip Pullella

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Vatican's second-highest ranking doctrinal official on Monday forcefully branded homosexual marriage an evil and denounced abortion and euthanasia as forms of "terrorism with a human face."

The attack by Archbishop Angelo Amato, secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, was the latest in a string of speeches made by either Pope Benedict or other Vatican officials as Italy considers giving more rights to gays.

In an address to chaplains, Amato said newspapers and television bulletins often seemed like "a perverse film about evil." He denounced "evils that remain almost invisible" because the media presented them as "expression of human progress."

He listed these as abortion clinics, which he called "slaughterhouses of human beings," euthanasia, and "parliaments of so-called civilized nations where laws contrary to the nature of the human being are being promulgated, such as the approval of marriage between people of the same sex ..."

Amato spoke at a time when the Vatican and Italy's powerful Roman Catholic Church are at loggerheads over plans for a highly controversial law that would give unmarried heterosexual and homosexual couples some form of legal recognition.

The Church and Catholic politicians, even some in Prime Minister Romano Prodi's centre-left coalition, see the proposed law as a Trojan Horse and say it could lead to gay marriages.

Amato, who is said to be very close to Pope Benedict, criticized the media's coverage of ethical issues.

After denouncing "abominable terrorism" such as that carried out by suicide bombers, he condemned what he called "terrorism with a human face," and accused the media of manipulating language "to hide the tragic reality of the facts."

"For example, abortion is called 'voluntary interruption of pregnancy' and not the killing of a defenseless human being, an abortion clinic is given a harmless, even attractive, name: 'centre for reproductive health' and euthanasia is blandly called 'death with dignity'," he said in his address.

Gay rights group have criticized the Pope and Catholic Church officials in the past over such comments, accusing them of interfering in Italy's domestic affairs.

Groups opposed to gay marriage and recognition of unmarried couples are planning a national rally in Rome next month.

Italy's Roman Catholic Church, set up on diocesan and parish levels, has the organizational machinery to mobilize hundreds of thousands of people. A huge turnout, which is expected, could be a major embarrassment for Prodi's government.

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    As a FYI, the old Catholic Inquisition changed its name back in the 1870's to: the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. The present pope used to be the head of that group, and did what he could to root out heretics and blasphemers. I'm sure that if he had more political power, he would have felt obliged to burn them in grand Auto de fe's ( http://www.isfsp.org/auto.html ) like they did in the old days . . .

These are the same people who refused for centuries to admit that the earth revolves around the sun, and not the other way around:

By Philip Pullella

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Vatican's second-highest ranking doctrinal official on Monday forcefully branded homosexual marriage an evil and denounced abortion and euthanasia as forms of "terrorism with a human face."

The attack by Archbishop Angelo Amato, secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, was the latest in a string of speeches made by either Pope Benedict or other Vatican officials as Italy considers giving more rights to gays.

In an address to chaplains, Amato said newspapers and television bulletins often seemed like "a perverse film about evil." He denounced "evils that remain almost invisible" because the media presented them as "expression of human progress."

He listed these as abortion clinics, which he called "slaughterhouses of human beings," euthanasia, and "parliaments of so-called civilized nations where laws contrary to the nature of the human being are being promulgated, such as the approval of marriage between people of the same sex ..."

Amato spoke at a time when the Vatican and Italy's powerful Roman Catholic Church are at loggerheads over plans for a highly controversial law that would give unmarried heterosexual and homosexual couples some form of legal recognition.

The Church and Catholic politicians, even some in Prime Minister Romano Prodi's centre-left coalition, see the proposed law as a Trojan Horse and say it could lead to gay marriages.

Amato, who is said to be very close to Pope Benedict, criticized the media's coverage of ethical issues.

After denouncing "abominable terrorism" such as that carried out by suicide bombers, he condemned what he called "terrorism with a human face," and accused the media of manipulating language "to hide the tragic reality of the facts."

"For example, abortion is called 'voluntary interruption of pregnancy' and not the killing of a defenseless human being, an abortion clinic is given a harmless, even attractive, name: 'centre for reproductive health' and euthanasia is blandly called 'death with dignity'," he said in his address.

Gay rights group have criticized the Pope and Catholic Church officials in the past over such comments, accusing them of interfering in Italy's domestic affairs.

Groups opposed to gay marriage and recognition of unmarried couples are planning a national rally in Rome next month.

Italy's Roman Catholic Church, set up on diocesan and parish levels, has the organizational machinery to mobilize hundreds of thousands of people. A huge turnout, which is expected, could be a major embarrassment for Prodi's government.
    Everyone has a right to their own set of beliefs. You want yours to be respected, maybe you should respect others.

Lexed is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I mean I do not want to see 2 guys kissing but who am I to tell them what to do with there life

Quote Originally Posted by Lexed
    I mean I do not want to see 2 guys kissing but who am I to tell them what to do with there life
    Ya, I know . . . sometimes I'm in the mall, and there is a straight teenage couple carrying on like a couple rabbits in heat. It's definitely disconcerting . . . They ought not do stuff like that in public, either . . .

gigem is offline Banned
    the end is neeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaarrrrr

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Good article.

Quote Originally Posted by Tock

By Philip Pullella

kfrost06 is offline Banned
    This is for Catholics, they are not telling you what to believe but setting a doctrine for us catholics. I'd rather get my beliefs from them then from Hollywood and the press. The press is constantly trying to villify Catholics for having beliefs that do not go along with liberal doctrine, the Communist did the same thing. Don't believe in the doctrine then you are free to practice another form of religion or none at all. There is no need to insult someone for there beliefs.

Logan13 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06
    This is for Catholics, they are not telling you what to believe but setting a doctrine for us catholics. I'd rather get my beliefs from them then from Hollywood and the press. The press is constantly trying to villify Catholics for having beliefs that do not go along with liberal doctrine, the Communist did the same thing. Don't believe in the doctrine then you are free to practice another form of religion or none at all. There is no need to insult someone for there beliefs.
    Exactly. It is ironic how those who bitch about not being accepted for their personal beliefs are the first to complain about others beliefs.......

alphaman is offline Member
    I'm not a big fan of Catholicism, but I must say I am pleased to see the Pope is taking a conservative stance. Some "Christian Organizations" seem to have completely forgotten what it says in the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06
    I'd rather get my beliefs from them
    Ya, it's probably a lot easier than thinking things through for yourself . . .

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.co...ticans_rh.html

Tuesday, April 24, 2007
    The Vatican's Rhetoric
    24 Apr 2007 01:46 pm

By Andrew Sullivan

How can one not regret the coarseness of the rhetorical blast that just came from the lips of Archbishop Angelo Amato? He directly equated suicide bombing with civil unions or civil marriage for gay couples. Yes: the human desire to seek out one other person and commit to him or her for a lifetime is "terrorism with a human face" and "equally repugnant" as the acts of al Qaeda. The comparison is such a ludicrously cruel, absurd and demeaning one it doesn't even rise to the level of rational debate. But here is an authoritative church leader calling gay couples the moral equivalent of mass-murderers of innocents. All one can say is that this is not the language of Jesus, and it is not the language of the Gospels. It is, in fact, hate speech. It will persuade no one. Even if one were to believe that abortion is as morally repugnant as murder, how can the same rubric be applied to gay couples who are intending to do nothing but look after one another under the law? How can attempts to find meaningful civil protections for their relationships be regarded as "evil"? Misguided for some, perhaps. Unwise for others. But evil? "Equally repugnant" as the acts of suicide bombers? From a bishop of the church? The mind reels.

Information is offline Information
    Closed
    www.SteroidCleanse.com

Completely Cleanse Your Body of Steroids in Only 5 Days!

Thread Information