Logan13 is offline Banned

Roseanne Barr has emerged as top contender to replace Rosie on 'VIEW'...

Roseanne Barr has emerged as top contender to replace Rosie on 'VIEW'...
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/0430200/...don_kaplan.htm
    04/30/07
    Roseanne Barr has emerged as the top contender to replace Rosie O'Donnell next year on "The View," sources say.

A rep for Barr says she has not been approached.

"It's almost like that rumor that spread last month about how she was going to be on 'Desperate Housewives,' " said Barr's spokesperson.

"She's a piece of work, she's a character, she says what's on her mind and she's funny," said a source with knowledge of ABC's sudden and desperate search to find a new co-host to replace O'Donnell who quit the show last week.

"They're missing strong personalities on that show, and that's what they're going to need if they want to keep it going," an ABC staffer close to the situation told the Post.

During an appearance on "Larry King" last week, Roseanne danced around the question of joining the "The View."

"I'm not looking for the job," she said at one point - and joking at another, "Well, I want $10 million, like Rosie."

But she never said she wouldn't take it if offered.

Since last week's announcement when Rosie said she planned to leave the show in June, several names have surfaced as possible replacements.

Among them are Joan Rivers, Whoopi Goldberg, Kathie Lee Gifford and Connie Chung. Out of all of them, Roseanne seems to be the best fit.

"It's going to be hard for them to follow Rosie," says an industry insider. "Roseanne could be the only one capable of pulling it off."

Industry insiders have also suggested Bette Midler and D-lister, Kathy Griffin.

The job is particularly hard to fill for more reasons than just the difficulty of finding a new, strong personality.

The open chair is the No. 1 seat on the show, requiring a star who can, in effect, be the show's quarterback - moving the discussion along, introducing guests and other duties that a TV neophyte might not be able to pull off believably.

O'Donnell said Wednesday that she's leaving "The View" after one year because she and ABC could not agree on a new deal.

Insiders have said she wanted more control over the show and decided to quit when that was denied. O'Donnell had replaced former "View" co-host Meredith Vieira. Starr Jones, who also left the show last year, has yet to be replaced.

RamyGras is offline Associate Member
    They're definitely going for a certain look, huh?

Well, Roseanne MOOS almost as loud as Rosie the cow...

She may qualify...

She can be as obnoxious as rosie, but at least she is closer to the middle of the ideology spectrum, she doesn't mind bashing those on both sides of the spectrum. Here is a portion of what she said recently;

"Never once in my 54 years have I ever once heard a gay or lesbian person who’s politically active say one thing about anything that was not about them. They don’t care about minimum wage, they don’t care about any other group other than their own self because you know, some people say being gay and lesbian is a totally narcissistic thing and sometimes I wonder.

I’ve never heard any of them say anything except for “accept me ‘cause I’m gay.”
    It’s just, it’s screwed. It’s no different than the evangelicals, it’s the same mindset. They want you to accept Jesus and you guys want us to all believe it’s ok to be gay. And a lot of us, a lot of them, I do, I don’t give a damn who anybody has sex with, as long as they’re not underage and an animal. I don’t give a damn, it’s none of my damn business. I’m just sick of all the divisiveness, it’s not getting any of us anywhere."

"I hate every human being on earth. I feel that everyone is beneath me, and I feel they should all worship me. That's what I told my kids. I think I must have been Adolf Hitler in a past life." -
    -- Roseanne barr

My point is, she says a lot of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by RamyGras
    "I hate every human being on earth. I feel that everyone is beneath me, and I feel they should all worship me. That's what I told my kids. I think I must have been Adolf Hitler in a past life." -
    -- Roseanne barr
    But she's a comic.............

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't know about her being closer to the center Logan. If you checked out the time she was on Bill Maher's show earlier this season, she was ranting and spouting the same conspiracy theories that Rosie has in the past. I think it's a bad choice.

I don't understand why everyone is making the fat thing an issue. Everyone needs to realize that the average size of a woman in the US is a size 14. I'm not a fan of big women, but damn people are getting ridiculous with the fat stuff.

I think the View should hire another minority woman. Minorities are grossely underrepresented on that show, nowadays.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    I thought Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy also known as mad cow disease was under control?

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    But she's a comic.............
    So is Carrot Top... doesn't mean they are funny

(Does anyone here even watch the view??? I usually have more interesting things to do, like watching grass grow )

Red

Thread Information