Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    mcpeepants is offline Senior Member

AP Poll: Bush, Congress remain unpopular

AP Poll: Bush, Congress remain unpopular

Thu Jan 10, 4:22 PM ET

WASHINGTON - President Bush and Congress retained their dismal levels of popularity and huge majorities are unhappy with how things are going in the country, according to a poll released Thursday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Thirty-four percent said they approved of the job Bush is doing, about where his ratings have been for more than a year, according to the poll by The Associated Press and Ipsos. Twenty-six percent said they were happy with Congress' performance, little different than where it has been for months.

With signs of economic stress abounding, Bush's approval for handling the economy was 33 percent, compared with 36 percent last month.

About three quarters of Republicans, a tenth of Democrats and a quarter of independents were happy with Bush's overall job performance. Congress got good marks from about a fourth in each group.

Just 27 percent said the country was headed in the right direction, including fewer than half of Republicans. That was a slight dip from last month.

The survey was conducted from Jan. 7-9 and involved telephone interviews with 1,027 adults. It had a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3.1 percentage points.

___

darkseed is offline Associate Member
    man screw this administration!! i cant wait for either Obama or Clinton gets in!!!

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darkseed View Post
    man screw this administration!! i cant wait for either Obama or Clinton gets in!!!
    I don't think things are going to change all that much just because we elect a democrat.

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Our nations poor are the envy of every other nation's poor.

Which means, that they are not really poor, they are just the bottom 1/5 of a very rich nation..

so aside from homeless shelter, and maybe medicare for the elderly.. the rest of the welfare system is a massive waste of money!!

WE NEED TO CUT THAT SHIT OUT ASAP!!!

Congress is a big waste of space too.. it don't matter if its Democrat or Republican controlled, the way it's set up, is that it just invites corruption.

My studies on congress type governments going back to Roman times till today, there have always been corruption issues with it. The system is flawed and in almost 3000 years of existance it still is!!!

THAT SHOULD BE A BIG RED FLAG, that it is not effective..
    I think with the advent of the Internet, we do not need to be represented anymore by representatives..
    We can keep congress to create legislature.. but when it comes to voting, things need to change...

We should be able to use some sort of SECURITY cards, to access bills in congress via internet.
    and regular people like me and you should be able to vote on bills, that are in congress.. Creating a truer Democracy, with a lot less potential for corruption!
    Last edited by Pooks; 01-12-2008 at 11:48 AM.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    Ron Paul is my first choice

Omaba in second just by defalut becasue the others suck

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Not bad choices.... I see Obama as more of a communist than even Hillary is.

So i'd go with Hillary over Obama.. but..

Ron Paul is prolly best just due to his honesty on his stances. His integrity is impeccable.

All the other candidates do kind of suck...

Mike Huckabee has me a little excited about his FAIR TAX Plan.. National sales tax.. but only if appealing the 16th amendment comes with that.. Some of his other stuff is not very impressive to me..

Not 100% on where Romney stands, cause he flip flopped so much.
    I suppose him being a Capitalist, he's got to be for minimal gov't.. But I am just not 100% sure on that...

I might have to go with McCain...
    As much as people hate outsourcing jobs, and illegal immigration in this country.. I do feel both are good for our country..

1. Illegal Immigrants, even when legalized serve as the lowest class of citizens. Meaning if the rest of us have our life together, and are at least in the middle class, its good to have this buffer of cheap poor labor below us.
    Thats like brining Outsourcing to the United States so therefore you wouldnt have to oursource anymore.

2. Outsourcing prolly has some merits.. I would like to see more U.S prisoners sent to Guancanamo Cuba.. It should be cheaper to house and feed prisoners in Cuba.. we just need to set up a system with the cuban government.

Making Cuba a penal colony of the United States, maybe even a citizen exchange program would have to be put in place.. where we'll take their good law abiding citizens, and send them our prisoners..

of course to make this work, we'd have to invade cuba and set up a friendly gov't there first.

Thread Information