kfrost06 is offline Banned

A tale of 2 houses

HOUSE #1

A 20 room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas. Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house, all heated by gas. In one month this residence consumes more energy than the average American household does in a year. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2400 per month. In natural gas alone, this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not situated in a Northern or Midwestern "snow belt" area. It's in the South.

HOUSE #2

Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university. This house incorporates every "green" feature current home construction can provide. The house is 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on a high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat-pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground. The water (usually 67 degrees F.) heats the house in the winter and cools it in the summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas and it consumes one-quarter electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Surrounding flowers and shrubs native to the area enable the property to blend into the surrounding rural landscape.

HOUSE #1 is outside of Nashville, Tennessee; it is the abode of the "environmentalist" Al Gore.

HOUSE #2 is on a ranch near Crawford, Texas;
    it is the residence the of the President of the United States, George W. Bush.

An "inconvenient truth"

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    blah, they are all a bunch of punks

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Nice post!
    I am not for or against anyone. I like to discourage poor judgment and admire good in a variety of forms. There are plenty of things we can get down on Bush about, but if this is true it is pretty cool.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I heard about this on talk radio like a year ago. In addition to natural gas consumption, the electricity bill is impressive. 191,000 for the Gores in 2006 — compared to a typical Nashville home of 15,500 kilowatts. His representitives responded by saying it's easy to kill the messanger when it comes to something like global warming. And that Al Gore purchases enough energy from renewable energy sources such as solar, wind and methane gas to balance 100 percent of his electricity use. In addition, has said he leads a “carbon-neutral lifestyle.” To balance out other carbon emissions, the Gores invest money in projects to reduce energy consumption.

Basically he's a huge hypocrite.

buttercup is offline Banned
    is any one surprised? al gore doesnt believe in global warming him self, it just seemed like a good way to make money and heck maybe even become president.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    haha, how ironic.

i still think both of them are retarded though

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06 View Post

HOUSE #2 is on a ranch near Crawford, Texas;
    it is the residence the of the President of the United States, George W. Bush.
    Not true.

Right now, Bush's residence is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. And right now, he has people looking for another residence for him in North Dallas (according to The Dallas Morning News).

damn Al Gore is fat, how can he watch himself on TV?

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    can he even see his pwere...

Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    Not true.

Right now, Bush's residence is 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. And right now, he has people looking for another residence for him in North Dallas (according to The Dallas Morning News).
    yes it is true! he does NOT own the White House.

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007...eorge_bush.php

http://www.commondreams.org/views01/0429-03.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prairie_Chapel_Ranch

Tock can you please supply a reference to your accusation that I am lying???

Truth hurts doesn't Tock? Please don't call me a liar!

I think what tock was getting at is that the ranch is kinda a vacation home, once bush leaves the white house, he'll get himself something bigger and less energy efficent than his vacation home.

Perhaps...doesn't change the fact Al Gore is a fat energy pigglet.

PEWN is offline AR Addict
    Blog Entries
    global warming .... whats that ....

it is caused by the man bear pig...

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    I think what tock was getting at is that the ranch is kinda a vacation home, once bush leaves the white house, he'll get himself something bigger and less energy efficent than his vacation home.

Perhaps...doesn't change the fact Al Gore is a fat energy pigglet.
    no, it's used as a vacation home while he's at the White House but it's his house.

The Wall Street Journal quoted an unnamed White House official: "They'll have their place in Crawford. He just loves it."

Laura Bush said they decided to keep a single level ranch design because "We wanted our older parents to feel comfortable here... We also want to grow old here ourselves."

http://usatoday.com/news/washington/...bush-house.htm

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kfrost06 View Post
    Truth hurts doesn't Tock? Please don't call me a liar!
    Liar? Who's calling you a liar? Not me . . .

I subscribe to the printed version of the Dallas Morning News, and about a month or so ago, they ran a story about how the missus said they were definitely moving to Dallas when they leave office. And they were going to buy a big, fancy new house.

Nevertheless, I don't know where you got your information from, but I guarantee you that Bush's Crawford ranch house uses a lot more electricity than mine does. And he's hardly ever there.
    Last edited by Tock; 05-14-2008 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tock View Post
    Liar? Who's calling you a liar? Not me . . .

I subscribe to the printed version of the Dallas Morning News, and about a month or so ago, they ran a story about how the missus said they were definitely moving to Dallas when they leave office. And they were going to buy a big, fancy new house.

Nevertheless, I don't know where you got your information from, but I guarantee you that Bush's Crawford ranch house uses a lot more electricity than mine does. And he's hardly ever there.
    No you didn't call me a liar, sorry for that. I took your "not true" statement personally when you did not attend it to be. For the rest, I posted the links with info about his house from 3 different sources none of which can be called conservatively biased, wikkepdia, treehugger, commondreams.

Yes, there are rumors they maybe moving or buying a different house however they do own the crawford ranch home and did a lot to make it green and Al Gore does the opposite. I find those facts to be ironic.

Thread Information