Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    i cant believe this thread got bumped..i just went on vaca to palm springs ca.anyway flight from atlanta to john wayne airport i get sat next to some guy ..had to be 350 no distinguishable muscle at all....full flight...anyway the fat bastard ...hanging over both sides of his armrest keeps trying to elbow his fat limb in front of my right arm ..not happening..he actually had the balls to complain to the stewardess saying i took up too much room ....she looked at me and rolled her eyes ..and told him the flight is full...he could ask someone to switch seats if he wants to otherwise he would just have to "hang in there" a couple more hours.... when i left plane the same stewardess thanked me for my patience...anyway i wanted to slap the fat bastard ..thats my rant....
    don't you love it?

luckily i've never flown on my own, so i either end up with my sisters or my dad next to me, and my sisters are like 120 pounds, so they don't take up much room lol

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    I hope I don't get flamed for saying this...but guys, I really think we should be a little 'softer' with our criticism of obese people. Yes, most of you are in really good shape and have worked hard to be that way. But people who are fat are that way because of a variety of reasons: many just have really low basal metabolic rate...others have medical issues.

Sure, you have a right to say "I don't care...they ate their way there..." Maybe they did. But don't they have a right to be fat? It's not like they are hurting anyone that we should be harsh with them. They already have a tough life. Can you imagine getting picked on your whole life?

Yeah sure, you can work hard to lose weight...but you know, many of them have tried and failed. No doubt because few people know HOW to properly lose weight. Not everyone is a member of this forum or has access to such knowledge.

It also becomes a vicious cycle: once they can't lose weight, they lose hope, get even more obese, which makes them lose even more hope, etc.

Anyways, I think that there is a bit of misdirected anger here. The fact is that we should be angry at the airlines, not overweight people. *I* can barely fit in the chair, and I'm only 170 lb! The airlines packed as many possible seats as they could--packed us so we are like sardines--just so they could make more money.

They should make the seats bigger for EVERYONE's sake. Even smaller people could benefit from extra legroom. But the airlines just don't have any incentive to do any of that.

But anyways, I'm sorry if I came off harsh. I've benefited from a lot of you and I didn't mean any disrespect as a newbie.

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    I hope I don't get flamed for saying this...but guys, I really think we should be a little 'softer' with our criticism of obese people. Yes, most of you are in really good shape and have worked hard to be that way. But people who are fat are that way because of a variety of reasons: many just have really low basal metabolic rate...others have medical issues.

Sure, you have a right to say "I don't care...they ate their way there..." Maybe they did. But don't they have a right to be fat? It's not like they are hurting anyone that we should be harsh with them. They already have a tough life. Can you imagine getting picked on your whole life?

Yeah sure, you can work hard to lose weight...but you know, many of them have tried and failed. No doubt because few people know HOW to properly lose weight. Not everyone is a member of this forum or has access to such knowledge.

It also becomes a vicious cycle: once they can't lose weight, they lose hope, get even more obese, which makes them lose even more hope, etc.

Anyways, I think that there is a bit of misdirected anger here. The fact is that we should be angry at the airlines, not overweight people. *I* can barely fit in the chair, and I'm only 170 lb! The airlines packed as many possible seats as they could--packed us so we are like sardines--just so they could make more money.

They should make the seats bigger for EVERYONE's sake. Even smaller people could benefit from extra legroom. But the airlines just don't have any incentive to do any of that.

But anyways, I'm sorry if I came off harsh. I've benefited from a lot of you and I didn't mean any disrespect as a newbie.
    lol j/k

On a serious note our anger is due to them receiving special treatment for something that is preventable. They should not ask special treatment just because they are fat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information