Dinosaur is offline Member

muslim scientist been fired for speaking against the u.s foreign policy

iam just posting this so others can see the hardships that muslims are going through even in the most advanced countries, and this case is just one out of a million.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26916917/

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    In u.s most companies have a policy, you can not talk bad about the company even on time off.

He was working for u.s govt with confidential knowledge, you can't eat your cake and have it. I am not saying not to have an opnion, just not voice it considering his job type.
    I think he would be fired if he was hindu, jew, christian if he voiced his concerns wen he himself is working for u.s govt in nuclear field.
    Just my 2 cents

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    Quote Originally Posted by gst528i View Post
    In u.s most companies have a policy, you can not talk bad about the company even on time off.

He was working for u.s govt with confidential knowledge, you can't eat your cake and have it. I am not saying not to have an opnion, just not voice it considering his job type.
    I think he would be fired if he was hindu, jew, christian if he voiced his concerns wen he himself is working for u.s govt in nuclear field.
    Just my 2 cents
    this is very true, sorry to say.....

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    yah, I'm gonna have to agree with gst on this one as well

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage;4408***
    this is very true, sorry to say.....
    It sucks but its true, You can not have a rogue scientist that is privy to confidential knowledge out there spitting out things like that. Any other employer would have done the same thing. Not to mention the conflict of interest when you throw in the fact that he was speaking out against US foreign policy which includes military actions, and he is working on warships. Anyone can naturally see where that leads, and no employer in their right mind would accept that.

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Peace be unto you all.

I'm going to side with the others on this one. It makes sense from their perspective to fire him. However, the man should have left himself. It is an act of Major Disbelief to aid the People of War in their military domination of the People of Monotheism. As Shaykh al-Islam Muhammad ibn Abdul Wahhab said: “Things that nullify one’s Islam...[include] aiding the mushrikeen against the Muslims. This means to help the kufaar in killing or hurting the Muslims.” Helping them build nuclear warships on the one hand and then condemning them for their wars on the other hand is as hypocritical as buying a gun for a murderer and then criticizing him for shooting people.

On the other extreme, it is also completely forbidden to betray one's government, i.e. it is forbidden (haram) for an American Muslim to betray the American government. This is a violation of the covenants, and the one who does it will be "awarded" the flag of treachery on the Day of Judgment. Prophet Muhammad [s] warned: "Do not (even) betray those who betray you." (Musnad Ahmad)

In between these two extremes (aiding them against the Muslims or betraying the American government) is the middle way, which is what Islam enjoins: call them to peace, explain to them the benefits in that, and debate with them on the error and follies in their wars.

In the Care of the Lord,
    -Saladin.
    Last edited by BuffedGuy; 02-02-2009 at 06:04 PM.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    buffedguy is like the forum's personal yoda

Quote Originally Posted by derek7m View Post
    buffedguy is like the forum's personal yoda
    Haha I've never really seen Star Wars. I was, however, a huge Star Trek geek in my childhood.

Anyways, what happened to the Ask a Catholic thread!?

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffedGuy View Post
    Haha I've never really seen Star Wars. I was, however, a huge Star Trek geek in my childhood.

Anyways, what happened to the Ask a Catholic thread!?
    Star Trek is better anyway.

Oh yah, I will start that (but will prob change it to Ask a Christian)

isn't wise for america to keep a good relationship with this guy, abviously he could be a very dangerous, valuable asset. he could be worthed millions by selling any secret info to any enemy of the u.s. especially russia. eventhough, i would doubt he will if he's true practicing muslim. just a thought.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by charrif View Post
    isn't wise for america to keep a good relationship with this guy, abviously he could be a very dangerous, valuable asset. he could be worthed millions by selling any secret info to any enemy of the u.s. especially russia. eventhough, i would doubt he will if he's true practicing muslim. just a thought.

if so, with the pre employment contract he signed, gitmo would seem like a vacation spot
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

russia is not shi* anymore...china is the one he might talk to but bet you as* they have an eye on him.....

Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    russia is not shi* anymore...china is the one he might talk to but bet you as* they have an eye on him.....
    isn't russia who's objecting the us-euro defence shields not china.

isn't russia who's objecting the us-euro defence shields not china.
    yes you are right about that but russia is no a super power anymore and they want to get on the world money market so they will keep the us as friends. but then again you have to watch you friends as much as you do your ememys.....

Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    yes you are right about that but russia is no a super power anymore and they want to get on the world money market so they will keep the us as friends. but then again you have to watch you friends as much as you do your ememys.....
    I think the best way for America is to make peace and friendship with everyone, including the Russians, Chinese, etc. We need to move away from this belief in the zero-sum game theory.

In a perfect world that would work but you know as well as i do that will never happen till the man above comes down then I guess it will be worse...I see no end in any of this.....

Thread Information