Nooomoto is offline Productive Member

Frat boy dead after binge drinking

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,511880,00.html

GENESEO, N.Y. — Three members of a banned fraternity were charged with criminally negligent homicide Tuesday for organizing a wild night of drinking that left a college sophomore dead of alcohol poisoning.

I think it's safe to say everyone involved in this is an idiot, and deserves what they get.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,511880,00.html

GENESEO, N.Y. — Three members of a banned fraternity were charged with criminally negligent homicide Tuesday for organizing a wild night of drinking that left a college sophomore dead of alcohol poisoning.

I think it's safe to say everyone involved in this is an idiot, and deserves what they get.
    Deserves what they get...? A dead friend and legal ramifications? For "organizing a wild night of drinking" Every bar in the world organizes a wild night of drinking 5 nights a week or more. It is up to the individual to control how much alcohol they intake. And you are sick enough to say they deserve what they get?

I agree that they are idiots but I think it is an overstatement to say they deserve that.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    They encouraged his behavior, they are partially to blame.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    They encouraged his behavior, they are partially to blame.
    so beer commercials must be responsible for every dwi because they encourage the behavior.

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    Hard for me to judge...Ive been in similar situations..just didnt die.

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    so beer commercials must be responsible for every dwi because they encourage the behavior.
    A good chunk of them say drink responsibly....

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios View Post
    Deserves what they get...? A dead friend and legal ramifications? For "organizing a wild night of drinking" Every bar in the world organizes a wild night of drinking 5 nights a week or more. It is up to the individual to control how much alcohol they intake. And you are sick enough to say they deserve what they get?
    Read the story, dude. Would you let your friend binge drink for 3 days straight? I wouldn't. If you're dumb enough to let your friend drink himself to death, and your friend is dumb enough to actually drink himself to death...yeah, they deserve it.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    If I say to you, to go jump off a bridge....and you jump off a bridge....should I get in trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    If I say to you, to go jump off a bridge....and you jump off a bridge....should I get in trouble?
    If you were telling me to jump off a bridge as a condition that I had to meet so I could get into some club, and then I died as a result of attempting to meet this condition...yes.

I see your point but I would just say **** off I want no part of your fraternity. These are grown adults. Were talking about here

jfalco is offline Member
    Since when are 19 year old kids grown adults?

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios View Post
    I see your point but I would just say **** off I want no part of your fraternity. These are grown adults. Were talking about here
    Exactly! This is a fine example of social Darwinism.

learnerdriver is offline Associate Member
    depends totally on the persons involved, this lad might not have needed much encouragment and was stupid enough to think that it was the coolest thing to do or he might have been a bullied "geek" whom would grab at anything for freindship. People can be very f***ed up and manipulate a person with low self esteem.

Too many people think it's amazing to go out and get so trashed you puke and s**t yourself

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    the whole thing is just ****ing retarded.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I never understood binge drinking. Getting so hammered you puke and piss yourself does not sound like fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jfalco View Post
    Listen dude, lets not get started here...actually LETS. Just because you had zero sense of reality when you were 19 doesnt mean nobody else does. When I was 19 I was WELL AWARE of my surroundings, and if I drank a little too much I started to puke. This guy was surely beyound puking and kept going. Nobody can say it was against his own will. Regardless of encouragement or what you consider "an adult" 19 years old is plenty enough to make a sound choice to stop drinking. I see what side youre on now. Youre the one that would jump off the bridge just because everyone else is doing it.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Quote Originally Posted by jfalco View Post
    You can vote, drive a car, and die for your country. You can be tried and convicted of any crime as an adult? Do you only attach the tite of adult to the person when it suits your own personal agenda? Every state recognizes a person who reaches their 18th birthday as an adult. Just because in your fantasy land an adult is someone of XX age, doesn't mean that its so.

Personal accountability.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    You can vote, drive a car, and die for your country. You can be tried and convicted of any crime as an adult? Do you only attach the tite of adult to the person when it suits your own personal agenda? Every state recognizes a person who reaches their 18th birthday as an adult. Just because in your fantasy land an adult is someone of XX age, doesn't mean that its so.

Personal accountability.
    100% agree. Reminds me of the people who sue tobacco companies. No one forces them to smoke just like no one forced this kid to drink. He had his own mind and regardless of the pressure, ultimately it was his decision to drink that much.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I have a real problem with people who sue tobacco companies. If you want to smoke then be ready for the consequences when it all goes wrong.

O.fO.shO is offline Member
    fraternitys are gay , but its the kid who died own fault. He could have walked away any time. Lightweight....

Thread Information