Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kratos is offline I feel accomplished

They're still at it...

Swine flu could mix with bird flu, expert warns

MEXICO CITY - Bird flu kills more than 60 percent of its human victims, but doesn't easily pass from person to person. Swine flu can be spread with a sneeze or handshake, but kills only a small fraction of the people it infects.

So what happens if they mix?

This is the scenario that has some scientists worried: The two viruses meet — possibly in Asia, where bird flu is endemic — and combine into a new bug that is both highly contagious and lethal and can spread around the world.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30640335 if you feel like reading the whole thing.

So, don't stop being scared for your life yet...even though we finally admit swine flu doesn't kill a large percentage of people it infects. You might still die, if some unlikely cascade of events takes place that we have no reason to think will. What if Aids and swine flu combine (that would blow Jew and Muslim mind to know they have an STD from a pig)...stay tuned.

liable is offline Associate Member
    goverments population control

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    And if AIDS merges with swine flu and goes airborne carried by birds....

Thank you alarmist fear-mongering media.

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    What happened to SARS?

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    What happened to SARS?

Didn't you hear, it wiped out all of humanity. I know because CNN and FOXNEWS told me so. So yeah, you're probably dead right now from SARS, you just don't know it.
    ***No source checks!!!***

skeldno is offline Member
    sars is still about but not very commen.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I had the flu a couple weeks ago, I was so sick that I was talking to people that were not there. I heard on local TV that I should alert my Doctor if I had flu like symptoms. So I did after my fever broke. They simple asked if I had been to mexico or came into contact with anyone from mexico recently. I said not that I could think of, they said I was ok and didnt not need to have blood drawn. I said ok, one less medical bill I have to pay on...LOL

IM708 is offline AR's Supplement Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I had the flu a couple weeks ago, I was so sick that I was talking to people that were not there. I heard on local TV that I should alert my Doctor if I had flu like symptoms. So I did after my fever broke. They simple asked if I had been to mexico or came into contact with anyone from mexico recently. I said not that I could think of, they said I was ok and didnt not need to have blood drawn. I said ok, one less medical bill I have to pay on...LOL
    What was his name? I have my real imaginary friend that I talk to all the time. He's shy but his name is steve.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden708 View Post
    What was his name? I have my real imaginary friend that I talk to all the time. He's shy but his name is steve.
    It was actually Bob Uecker, me and another guy were talking about the movie major league. For some reason when I was sick I asked old Bob to get me some water and ice cream. He was wearing a plaid sport coat with blue jeans.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Someone in my dorm has got Human Flu. Should I report it to a newspaper before it starts spreading? *sniff*.

I hope the "Human" part is universally acceptable to everyone and not too politically incorrect.

Thread Information