Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree26Likes
  • 3 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 4 Post By ghettoboyd
  • 1 Post By ghettoboyd
  • 1 Post By Cuz
  • 4 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By ghettoboyd
  • 3 Post By almostgone
  • 3 Post By almostgone
  • 4 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By tarmyg
  • 1 Post By tarmyg

Thread: Post election Covid news

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,761

    Post election Covid news

    Before the election there was an idea that on November 4th Covid would be out of the news...
    The idea was that the Democrats were just using Covid as a political ploy.
    I won't deny that the Democrats mentioned Covid at every oppotunity to influence voters.

    However... please note...
    We are post election now and guess what...
    Many Republican governors have changed their minds and now are mandating masks...

    Covid-19 Live Updates: Republican Governors Reverse Course and Issue Mask Mandates
    Iowa will require residents to wear masks indoors starting Tuesday, as leaders who had resisted limits are confronted by a growing number of coronavirus cases. California issued tough new restrictions after its number of cases doubled in ten days.

    After holding out, Republican governors reverse course and issue mask mandates.

    President-elect Joseph R. Biden warned on Monday that “more people may die” from the coronavirus if President Trump does not agree to coordinate planning for the mass distribution of a vaccine when it becomes available.

    Mr. Biden also issued a simple plea. Holding up a paper medical mask, he asked: “Does anybody understand why a governor would turn this into a political statement?”

    In the United States, the wearing of a mask has been caught up in the swirl of the nation’s toxic political divide long after the scientific community reached a consensus that they can play a dramatic role in slowing the spread of the virus and saving lives.

    For months, Republican governors resisted calls for mask mandates. But as they have watched hospitals in their states stretched to the breaking point in recent weeks — driving home the reality of the dangers posed by a virus allowed to spread unchecked — that is starting to change.

    In Utah last week, Gary Herbert, the Republican governor, issued a mask mandate “until further notice” as hospitals across the state were nearing or at full capacity.

    Gov. Doug Burgum of North Dakota ordered residents of the state on Friday to wear masks indoors and outdoors if they could not socially distance. North Dakota has the country’s highest rates of new daily cases and deaths per person, according to a New York Times database.

    In West Virginia, Gov. Jim Justice ordered on Saturday that residents must wear masks in indoor public settings.

    Then on Monday evening, Kim Reynolds, the governor of Iowa, struck a somber tone as she announced that, starting Tuesday, Iowans would need to wear masks while indoors if they are unable to maintain social distance.

    “There aren’t enough sheriffs in Iowa’s 99 counties to shut down every noncompliant bar,” she said. “If Iowans don’t buy into this, we lose,” she said, warning that schools and businesses could be closed.

    Ms. Reynolds had flouted infectious disease experts who say masks are one of the most effective tools to control the spread of the virus. In September, she issued guidance that told students, teachers and workers that they did not have to quarantine after being in close contact with someone who was infected as long as both were wearing masks.

    The rates of new daily cases and hospitalizations have roughly doubled in Iowa over the past two weeks.

    Gov. Mike DeWine of Ohio, who is reportedly considering imposing a curfew on businesses, is expected to hold a news conference on Tuesday to announce plans to combat the spike in cases in his state.

    But even before Mr. DeWine made any announcement, Mr. Trump issued a warning on Twitter, suggesting that he might support a primary challenger against the Republican governor.

    “Who will be running for Governor of the Great State of Ohio? Will be hotly contested!” Mr. Trump wrote.

    Mr. Biden offered praise for the Republican leaders, saying he had “enormous respect” for their actions.

    “It’s about being patriotic,” he said. “There is nothing macho about not wearing a mask.”

    One of the remaining holdouts is South Dakota, which has the country’s second-worst rates of new daily cases and deaths per person.

    Its Republican governor, Kristi Noem, said at a rally for President Trump last month that her refusal to issue restrictions made South Dakotans “happy because they are free.” She has yet to issue any restrictions.

    — Bryan Pietsch and Marc Santora

    So please people...

    Just realize that sometimes when you think that the other political party is merely using you for political purposes...
    The truth is that you were being played by your own political party...

    Covid didn't disappear... Some politicians were trying to make it seem insignificant simply for political gain.
    Their quest for power was more important than your health.

    Be well and stay safe...


    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11...19-coronavirus
    Last edited by The Deadlifting Dog; 11-17-2020 at 12:14 PM.

  2. #2
    Test Monsterone's Avatar
    Test Monsterone is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,468
    Red states are lucky they don’t have highly concentrated populations or they’d be even worse off than they already are with COVID. Idiots who don’t wear masks are like idiots who don’t wear helmets or don’t wear seatbelts. I guess helmets and seatbelts are lefty socialist propaganda, too.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    8,958
    Blog Entries
    3
    I live in Maine where trees outnumber people like 1000 to 1...my point being we are spread out pretty good for as huge as my state is...I’m mandated to wear a mask at work and in the places I deliver too and everyone there has the same protocols yet I’m sitting here alone in my basement with Covid-19...don’t feel bad for me just do your very best to take care of yourself because this shit is real...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,761
    Wishing you a speedy recovery...

    Any fever? How are you feeling?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    8,958
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Wishing you a speedy recovery...

    Any fever? How are you feeling?
    Honestly I feel pretty good just worn down but I think it breaking because I got my sense of taste and smell back today otherwise none of the other symptoms associated with Covid are present...thanks for asking
    Cuz likes this.

  6. #6
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bulkville
    Posts
    5,856
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    Honestly I feel pretty good just worn down but I think it breaking because I got my sense of taste and smell back today otherwise none of the other symptoms associated with Covid are present...thanks for asking
    Fuck, got you too huh. Aint that some shit. It got me pretty good i aint gonna lie you will be fine as long as u dont get your lungs infected. Just annoying body aches and sluggish energy. Wish you well
    ghettoboyd likes this.

  7. #7
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is online now HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,076
    Yes, people are dying. Unfortunately the overwhelming majority have comorbidities. Those with comorbidities should obviously sequester themselves far more than a younger, healthier person with no other health issues. No, I'm not saying people should not wear masks when needed and practice proper hygene, just that circumstances dictate what's relevant or not.

    I retired from government work and would constantly see blanket edicts put forth forcing compliance on everyone instead of a more targeted approach. When a government begins to select which business can or cannot operate there is a problem. Walmart, Amazon, Target, etc all get even richer whereas mom and pop stores have to close down, sometimes permanently. I simply don't agree with that.

    A few days ago I lost one of my oldest and best friends assumably to covid. When I was told the story of how he passed and how quickly it occured it reminded me of an article i read (medical) regarding covid that seemed to fit his death to a T.

    "Previously patients used to drop dead on the road or even before reaching a hospital due to reduced oxygen in the blood. This is called Happy Hypoxia -- where even though the oxygen saturation was gradually reducing, the covid patients did not have symptoms until it became critically less, like sometimes 70%.

    Normally we become breathless if oxygen saturation reduces below 90%. This breathlessness is not triggered in covid patients so we were late in getting sick patients to hospitals in February 2020. Now since knowing about HH we are monitoring oxygen saturation of all patients with a simple home use pulse oximeter and getting them to the hospital if their oxygen saturation drops to 93% or less. This gives doctors time to correct the oxygen deficiency in the blood and there is a better survival chance in Oct 2020."

    It seems my friend was breathless and dizzy for a period of time, but I assume stubborn as well as he did not seek medical attention. He was health nut and worked out daily, never drank, drugs, etc. His wife found him passed out and called an ambulance. He coded 3 times (heart attack) and the last time they could not bring him back. So, at this point I don't yet know if it was heart attacks due to the effects of covid, but that is the assumption.

    Moral of the story. Be safe, take care of yourself, be respectful of others and if something feels amiss, talk to your doctor.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    8,958
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Fuck, got you too huh. Aint that some shit. It got me pretty good i aint gonna lie you will be fine as long as u dont get your lungs infected. Just annoying body aches and sluggish energy. Wish you well
    Thanks cuz I guess I’m one of the lucky ones because I’ve had worse cold than this but like I said I did everything to prevent this and it happened anyway...I can see why the vulnerable are scared...
    Cuz likes this.

  9. #9
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    23,170
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Yes, people are dying. Unfortunately the overwhelming majority have comorbidities. Those with comorbidities should obviously sequester themselves far more than a younger, healthier person with no other health issues. No, I'm not saying people should not wear masks when needed and practice proper hygene, just that circumstances dictate what's relevant or not.

    I retired from government work and would constantly see blanket edicts put forth forcing compliance on everyone instead of a more targeted approach. When a government begins to select which business can or cannot operate there is a problem. Walmart, Amazon, Target, etc all get even richer whereas mom and pop stores have to close down, sometimes permanently. I simply don't agree with that.

    A few days ago I lost one of my oldest and best friends assumably to covid. When I was told the story of how he passed and how quickly it occured it reminded me of an article i read (medical) regarding covid that seemed to fit his death to a T.

    "Previously patients used to drop dead on the road or even before reaching a hospital due to reduced oxygen in the blood. This is called Happy Hypoxia -- where even though the oxygen saturation was gradually reducing, the covid patients did not have symptoms until it became critically less, like sometimes 70%.

    Normally we become breathless if oxygen saturation reduces below 90%. This breathlessness is not triggered in covid patients so we were late in getting sick patients to hospitals in February 2020. Now since knowing about HH we are monitoring oxygen saturation of all patients with a simple home use pulse oximeter and getting them to the hospital if their oxygen saturation drops to 93% or less. This gives doctors time to correct the oxygen deficiency in the blood and there is a better survival chance in Oct 2020."

    It seems my friend was breathless and dizzy for a period of time, but I assume stubborn as well as he did not seek medical attention. He was health nut and worked out daily, never drank, drugs, etc. His wife found him passed out and called an ambulance. He coded 3 times (heart attack) and the last time they could not bring him back. So, at this point I don't yet know if it was heart attacks due to the effects of covid, but that is the assumption.

    Moral of the story. Be safe, take care of yourself, be respectful of others and if something feels amiss, talk to your doctor.
    Damn. Sorry about your friend, Kel.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  10. #10
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    23,170
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    Thanks cuz I guess I’m one of the lucky ones because I’ve had worse cold than this but like I said I did everything to prevent this and it happened anyway...I can see why the vulnerable are scared...
    Keep wearing your PPE, Ghetto and get better. I'm rural like you, but work in one of the worst hot spots for my state. I wear my mask and wash my hands like a madman before going home. I'm pretty durable, but the last thing I want to do is carry it home to Mrs. AG.
    ghettoboyd, Cuz and tarmyg like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  11. #11
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is online now HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,076
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Damn. Sorry about your friend, Kel.
    Thanks AG. He was one of the best humans I've ever known. Quite a shock.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  12. #12
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    23,170
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Thanks AG. He was one of the best humans I've ever known. Quite a shock.
    Did he have family?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  13. #13
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,208
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    , but the last thing I want to do is carry it home to Mrs. AG.
    That right there is why we got to take it seriously. Wash hands, donít stand to close to people, wear mask when needed and use damn common sense.
    almostgone likes this.

  14. #14
    tarmyg's Avatar
    tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,208
    Blog Entries
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Yes, people are dying. Unfortunately the overwhelming majority have comorbidities. Those with comorbidities should obviously sequester themselves far more than a younger, healthier person with no other health issues. No, I'm not saying people should not wear masks when needed and practice proper hygene, just that circumstances dictate what's relevant or not.

    I retired from government work and would constantly see blanket edicts put forth forcing compliance on everyone instead of a more targeted approach. When a government begins to select which business can or cannot operate there is a problem. Walmart, Amazon, Target, etc all get even richer whereas mom and pop stores have to close down, sometimes permanently. I simply don't agree with that.

    A few days ago I lost one of my oldest and best friends assumably to covid. When I was told the story of how he passed and how quickly it occured it reminded me of an article i read (medical) regarding covid that seemed to fit his death to a T.

    "Previously patients used to drop dead on the road or even before reaching a hospital due to reduced oxygen in the blood. This is called Happy Hypoxia -- where even though the oxygen saturation was gradually reducing, the covid patients did not have symptoms until it became critically less, like sometimes 70%.

    Normally we become breathless if oxygen saturation reduces below 90%. This breathlessness is not triggered in covid patients so we were late in getting sick patients to hospitals in February 2020. Now since knowing about HH we are monitoring oxygen saturation of all patients with a simple home use pulse oximeter and getting them to the hospital if their oxygen saturation drops to 93% or less. This gives doctors time to correct the oxygen deficiency in the blood and there is a better survival chance in Oct 2020."

    It seems my friend was breathless and dizzy for a period of time, but I assume stubborn as well as he did not seek medical attention. He was health nut and worked out daily, never drank, drugs, etc. His wife found him passed out and called an ambulance. He coded 3 times (heart attack) and the last time they could not bring him back. So, at this point I don't yet know if it was heart attacks due to the effects of covid, but that is the assumption.

    Moral of the story. Be safe, take care of yourself, be respectful of others and if something feels amiss, talk to your doctor.
    Sorry for your loss Kel.
    almostgone likes this.

  15. #15
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is online now HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,076
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Did he have family?

    Yep. Wife, kids, grandkids. Extremely successful individual professionally and personally.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    dont ask for a source thx
    Posts
    8,958
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Yep. Wife, kids, grandkids. Extremely successful individual professionally and personally.
    I’m sorry for your loss kel...it crazy how it effect everyone so differently...I’ve had colds way worse than this yet Cuz was sick as hell and your friend passed...it’s heartbreaking...

  17. #17
    wango's Avatar
    wango is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    187
    To those of you that have suffered losses and have fallen ill, I wish you the best. I also hope that everyone has a safe holiday season (particularly paramount in this current case).

  18. #18
    Mooseman33's Avatar
    Mooseman33 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,006
    All you guys take care. I wish all of you to get better and Im very sorry Kel about ur loss.

    this thread is a little heavy.

  19. #19
    Cuz's Avatar
    Cuz
    Cuz is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bulkville
    Posts
    5,856
    So very sorry Kel, what a devastating tragic loss. I couldn’t imagine.
    My wife and kids got the virus too. Thankfully there symptoms were extremely mild and the wife never ran a fever , just moderate symptoms. None of us had breathing issues thankfully, that seems to be the killer. Prayers for all

  20. #20
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is online now HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,076
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    I’m sorry for your loss kel...it crazy how it effect everyone so differently...I’ve had colds way worse than this yet Cuz was sick as hell and your friend passed...it’s heartbreaking...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    So very sorry Kel, what a devastating tragic loss. I couldn’t imagine.
    My wife and kids got the virus too. Thankfully there symptoms were extremely mild and the wife never ran a fever , just moderate symptoms. None of us had breathing issues thankfully, that seems to be the killer. Prayers for all

    Much appreciated guys.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  21. #21
    jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,373
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Yep. Wife, kids, grandkids. Extremely successful individual professionally and personally.
    Sorry to hear this Kel nothing is worse than losing a friend like this, they dont come around often, losing a friend like this is devastating.

  22. #22
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    23,170
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Yep. Wife, kids, grandkids. Extremely successful individual professionally and personally.
    Shit. So sad.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  23. #23
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is online now HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,076
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    Sorry to hear this Kel nothing is worse than losing a friend like this, they dont come around often, losing a friend like this is devastating.

    Thanks brother!
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  24. #24
    MILKMAN73 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    38
    I live in Chicago. You've probably heard about my great state on the news. We've had a massive surge/outbreak in COVID-19 numbers.

    What you aren't hearing is that the deaths are staying relatively flat. Meaning that the actual death rates from COVID-19 have went down.

    The left has gotten braver with the election results. Specifically to our state, it's all about federal bailout dollars. It's a race to see who is in the worst shape just to see who'll get the most federal assistance.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •