• 1 Post By Test Monsterone
  • 1 Post By Davi Meireles
  • 1 Post By s1nc1ty
  • 1 Post By wango
  • 2 Post By XnavyHMCS

Thread: "We have a mental health crisis"

Test Monsterone is online now Anabolic Member

"We have a mental health crisis"

Have to rant a bit. We don't have a mental health crisis. Crazy people exist and have always existed. There is nothing anyone can do to prevent crazy people from existing. A guy who sits in his house and doesn't go anywhere can be batshit crazy and nobody even has to know about it. What you can do, though, is not sell known lunatics weapons - especially ones that have been treated for mental health or have made threats in the past.

But greed always wins. Pure capitalism is nothing but greed. God forbid we stop selling ARs to crazies, that would be a slight against the precious 2nd amendment. Give me a fucking break.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Test Monsterone View Post
    Have to rant a bit. We don't have a mental health crisis. Crazy people exist and have always existed. There is nothing anyone can do to prevent crazy people from existing. A guy who sits in his house and doesn't go anywhere can be batshit crazy and nobody even has to know about it. What you can do, though, is not sell known lunatics weapons - especially ones that have been treated for mental health or have made threats in the past.

But greed always wins. Pure capitalism is nothing but greed. God forbid we stop selling ARs to crazies, that would be a slight against the precious 2nd amendment. Give me a fucking break.
    As I recently read, there are 20-25 million AR-15’s currently owned in the U.S.A.. Essentially “pandora’s box” has been opened, and to try to close it now is near impossible imo.

There’s private selling and gun shows to consider, making things that more difficult.

And you’re right, mental health issues have always existed, but there’s just more of them out there by virtue of a larger population & add social media tends to screwing with peoples minds (as you can witness here, lol).

Greed? Capitalism? Seriously?!? You do know where you live, right?

I understand your pain though, not debating you at all - today is another banner day in the news.
    Test Monsterone and Big jon85 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    As I recently read, there are 20-25 million AR-15’s currently owned in the U.S.A.. Essentially “pandora’s box” has been opened, and to try to close it now is near impossible imo.

There’s private selling and gun shows to consider, making things that more difficult.

And you’re right, mental health issues have always existed, but there’s just more of them out there by virtue of a larger population & add social media tends to screwing with peoples minds (as you can witness here, lol).

Greed? Capitalism? Seriously?!? You do know where you live, right?

I understand your pain though, not debating you at all - today is another banner day in the news.

That's insane - it's a wonder we don't have more mass shootings in this country. Given the population, 50 people mowed down by an AR doesn't seem like such a big deal. It's the possibility of it happening again that makes most people weary. Even me, I'm not worried about Jamal shooting me. I don't go to the hood or deal with shady people. I'm more worried about some hillbilly who hates Obama coming and shooting up a restaurant or event I'm attending, even though statistically speaking, I'm more likely to get shot by Jamal.

And yeah, fuck social media. I stopped using Facebook like a decade ago and never got on any other platform. I can understand why people would want to shoot others after being on social media lol.
    wango likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    That's insane - it's a wonder we don't have more mass shootings in this country. Given the population, 50 people mowed down by an AR doesn't seem like such a big deal. It's the possibility of it happening again that makes most people weary. Even me, I'm not worried about Jamal shooting me. I don't go to the hood or deal with shady people. I'm more worried about some hillbilly who hates Obama coming and shooting up a restaurant or event I'm attending, even though statistically speaking, I'm more likely to get shot by Jamal.

And yeah, fuck social media. I stopped using Facebook like a decade ago and never got on any other platform. I can understand why people would want to shoot others after being on social media lol.
    Saying you recognize that statistically you're less likely to be shot by a hillbilly, yet you're more worried about being shot by a hillbilly than any other segment of society speaks volumes.

Don't write off us hillbillies. A good percentage of we "hillbillies" are decent people.

Edit: I do agree that a huge part of social media is a bane to society. It's like handing a TV channel to everyone that wants to pump their BS to the world.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-26-2023 at 12:48 PM.
    Cuz, songdog and XnavyHMCS like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

As are Californians or folks who live in large cities. Amazing how people generalize

Exactly. I’m shocked there’s not a greater frequency of mass shootings, particularly considering the level of anger, frustration and divisiveness that is steadily climbing in our country. I read (I know, ), that prior to the Obama election, AR-15 sales broke records and as soon as Trump got elected, they plummeted! Hate and fear (and growing) - throw in 25 million AR-15’s (and growing) and no wonder what the outcome will continue to be.

LOL, we live in a nice/safe neighborhood and still ended up with a gunman in our backyard one late evening , but it is what it is. Hell, I’ll be dead sooner rather than later, it spiced things up a bit
    Test Monsterone and XnavyHMCS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Saying you recognize that statistically you're less likely to be shot by a hillbilly, yet you're more worried about being shot by a hillbilly than any other segment of society speaks volumes.

Don't write off us hillbillies. A good percentage of we "hillbillies" are decent people.

Edit: I do agree that a huge part of social media is a bane to society. It's like handing a TV channel to everyone that wants to pump their BS to the world.
    Don't mean any disrespect to anyone from the country. I love the countryside. My dad is from a town of 20,000 people, and my mom is from a village of 200 (not missing any zeroes) and she didn't have electricity and they only installed water in the house when I was already 25. I spent all my summers in those places, so I know country living... and I mean real country living. No cars. Just horses and oxen. Everything on the dinner plate came from the field or the pen. Pigs, chickens, rabbits, geese, etc. Dirt roads. All that. They put me to work when I was out there, too. Picking corn and squash, using the scythe for the grain fields, making hay stacks, loading up the wagon with 10 feet of hay and sitting on top of it going down stone and dirt roads.

I got to live and experience a lot of different things, but the country in the US would seem like luxury living to a lot of people around the world. My grandfather couldn't even imagine the type of trucks people have here. Would have blown his mind. He did get a tractor when he was 65, but before that it was all cattle and horses.
    XnavyHMCS likes this.

Exactly. I’m shocked there’s not a greater frequency of mass shootings, particularly considering the level of anger, frustration and divisiveness that is steadily climbing in our country. I read (I know, ), that prior to the Obama election, AR-15 sales broke records and as soon as Trump got elected, they plummeted! Hate and fear (and growing) - throw in 25 million AR-15’s (and growing) and no wonder what the outcome will continue to be.

LOL, we live in a nice/safe neighborhood and still ended up with a gunman in our backyard one late evening , but it is what it is. Hell, I’ll be dead sooner rather than later, it spiced things up a bit
    Paranoia and anxiety are big money makers, for sure.
    wango likes this.

Davi Meireles is offline Associate Member

You talk as if a madman couldn't get weapons on the Black Market! GUY wake up, no one needs legalized weapons to hurt someone. You should live in South American countries to understand what I'm talking about, do you think that weapons belonging to Cartel members are legal? Lmao The biggest suckers in this story are the citizens good that ends at the mercy of criminals . I'm in favor of arming everyone who would like to live in a new Western like the movies, not even a drug dealer, criminal bandit would think of doing anyone any harm.
    redz likes this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Davi Meireles View Post
    You talk as if a madman couldn't get weapons on the Black Market! GUY wake up, no one needs legalized weapons to hurt someone. You should live in South American countries to understand what I'm talking about, do you think that weapons belonging to Cartel members are legal? Lmao The biggest suckers in this story are the citizens good that ends at the mercy of criminals . I'm in favor of arming everyone who would like to live in a new Western like the movies, not even a drug dealer, criminal bandit would think of doing anyone any harm.
    Thats not true imo. It same as saying, "lets make drugs legal because you can buy them from black market anyway". If you made heroin amphetamine cocaine etc legal, the use and abuse of it would skyrocket ten fold.
    Davi Meireles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Davi Meireles View Post
    Davi, watch “Wyatt Earp” since you like those Westerns. Why do you think the guns had to checked in when you entered the city & not allowed on the streets. Fine, you want them on your ranch or out in the prairie, or fighting those evil red men- feel free; but mix them into the streets with lots of city folks - maybe they were onto something.
    Davi Meireles likes this.

XnavyHMCS is offline Senior Member
    Davi, watch “Wyatt Earp” since you like those Westerns. Why do you think the guns had to checked in when you entered the city & not allowed on the streets. Fine, you want them on your ranch or out in the prairie, or fighting those evil red men- feel free; but mix them into the streets with lots of city folks - maybe they were onto something.
    The fantasy: the gunfight in the main street at high noon...

People don't know the history of The Old West. Firearms laws were far more draconian in Dodge City during the days of Doc Holiday, than they are today...
    Davi Meireles and s1nc1ty like this.

Davi Meireles is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    Thats not true imo. It same as saying, "lets make drugs legal because you can buy them from black market anyway". If you made heroin amphetamine cocaine etc legal, the use and abuse of it would skyrocket ten fold.
    I think unarmed goods citizens are like sheep! A criminal will not think twice before discharging a pistol into your his chest... If the criminal has weapons, the citizen of Well, it should have too... It's the right to life and self-defense... We cannot go against the right to self-defense. Another thing is that to have legalized weapons there are several psychological exam routines....We should not judge these suicide attacks as if every American citizen who has an AR-15 has the ability to do the same, this is just an isolated case of a guy with mental problems.

Crime decreases with armed citizens, it is the remedy for criminals.
    Last edited by Davi Meireles; 10-27-2023 at 01:31 PM.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    There was a guy on tv one night telling how he makes AR15s on a computer.He said there was no way of stopping people who did this.So there is some food for thought!

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    You must not be familiar with Oregon.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Parts of Canada have already done this. Even meth and fentanyl are decriminalized in parts of BC. Toronto soon to follow. Im not for this fyi but this is a new left wing tactic unfortunately.

< <Samson> > is online now Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Parts of Canada have already done this. Even meth and fentanyl are decriminalized in parts of BC. Toronto soon to follow. Im not for this fyi but this is a new left wing tactic unfortunately.
    Oregon too, I believe

Well, if you can’t beat em - join em. Not the junkies - but, the gun thing. I’m not a Ar guy so СКСС & АК47 for me

Thread Information