Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Cuz

Thread: SCOTUS justice puts big tech on notice.

Hughinn is offline Banned

SCOTUS justice puts big tech on notice.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...hoice-take-bi/

Clarence Thomas is absolutely brilliant. If this guy was a democrat party member, his face would be in every magazine in america.

His argument is sound and logical. The legal precedent is there. Big tech has been put on notice. That they can't censor american citizens based on thier political views any longer.

One of the biggest news stories of our time.

It's worth noting, this comes on the heels of lawsuits of states like Texas, who've already filed cases against big tech for censoring specific people and opinions they don't like.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...t-google%3famp

"The fight for the first amendment" is going to get real.

As is the fight for the second. Which is rapidly shaping up as we speak.

“Big Tech monopolists like Google, Amazon, Facebook and Twitter have a different responsibility than other companies: the responsibility to avoid viewpoint discrimination and to protect the free speech rights of its users,” Mr. Davis said. “Just like telegram companies of the past, today’s Big Tech monopolists cannot censor messages, and even users, they don’t like.”
    Last edited by Hughinn; 04-08-2021 at 03:49 AM.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    The worse censorship I've experienced wasn't even getting banned on those platforms (and I've even been banned on Gab), it was when Spectrum internet shut off my service due to them not liking the things I say on the internet. They made me click this button agreeing not to violate their terms of service in order to get service back on. This case isn't going to stop that from happening.

Hughinn is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    The worse censorship I've experienced wasn't even getting banned on those platforms (and I've even been banned on Gab), it was when Spectrum internet shut off my service due to them not liking the things I say on the internet. They made me click this button agreeing not to violate their terms of service in order to get service back on. This case isn't going to stop that from happening.
    I've been suspended from Twitter 5 times.

Everytime i get to about 1500 or 1600 followers, my account gets suspended. I appeal it because I don't violate the rules. After a week or two, I win the appeal and my account gets reinstated. With zero followers. Rinse repeated. 5 times now.

I'm one of those people that believes the primary responsibility of government is to protect the liberty of its citizens.

Not work with corporations to take it away.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post

Everytime i get to about 1500 or 1600 followers, my account gets suspended. I appeal it because I don't violate the rules. After a week or two, I win the appeal and my account gets reinstated. With zero followers. Rinse repeated. 5 times now.

I'm one of those people that believes the primary responsibility of government is to protect the liberty of its citizens.

Honestly why do you even fuck with bullshit like Twitter? You know the big three are biased as fuck and hate conservatives man. Get off that bullshit its just a waste of time
    Hughinn and almostgone like this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughinn View Post

My problem is now that there is no net neutrality, ISPs themselves can censor the dissidents. And given the near monopolistic nature of ISPs, I can't just go to a competitor (aside from switching to shitty DSL or even shittier satellite) or start my own. At least when it was the platforms doing the censorship, I could just do what some people have been doing and start my own streaming site.

Thread Information