Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member

Fat and Liposuction....?

I am seriously considering Lipo for a problem area of my stomach. (Lower abs just won't loose stubborn fat deposit).

QUESTION:
    Once excess fat is removed, where are extra calories stored?

In other words, if someone has Lipo, what would happen if they took to a horrible diet of eating 5k of junk food a day?

Since most of their fat cells are gone...what would happen to the excess calories? (i assume it would go to the fat cells that are left over and be stored as excess calories).
    Last edited by tcw; 09-06-2009 at 06:18 AM.

caladin is offline Junior Member
    Calories have to go somewhere. The body is smart and will move the calories to another zone if it need to store them as fat. An example would be the back.

Doc wil only remove x amount of fat from the body since we need it sto survive. So You still need to eat clean. Sorry there is no escape from fat.

I can be more technical if you need but I think you get the idea.

tcw
    Gotcha Big Dawg...I thought so.

I eat fairly clean...However, it does truly piss me off when i see friends, who are genetically gifted, eat crap food, drink 10-12 beers (on a regular basis) but yet...have RIPPED wash-board abs and great VASCULARITY.

WTF...???

Life is Truly Unfair....(sigh).

BTW...some of these guys don't even workout.
    Quote Originally Posted by caladin View Post
    Calories have to go somewhere. The body is smart and will move the calories to another zone if it need to store them as fat. An example would be the back.

Doc wil only remove x amount of fat from the body since we need it sto survive. So You still need to eat clean. Sorry there is no escape from fat.

I can be more technical if you need but I think you get the idea.
    Last edited by tcw; 09-07-2009 at 10:41 AM.

caladin is offline Junior Member
    to be honest... If I could afford it I would get lipo. Im pretty lean everywhere but my gut

kaju is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw View Post
    I am seriously considering Lipo for a problem area of my stomach. (Lower abs just won't loose stubborn fat deposit).

QUESTION:
    Once excess fat is removed, where are extra calories stored?

In other words, if someone has Lipo, what would happen if they took to a horrible diet of eating 5k of junk food a day?

Since most of their fat cells are gone...what would happen to the excess calories? (i assume it would go to the fat cells that are left over and be stored as excess calories).
    My two sisters had lipo
    both of them regret it.
    It has been ten years since and I understand they have made advances in that area of medicine.
    My older sister had it done first and somewhere around year five afterward she started gaining weight fast. You can see where the fat was removed and the new fat deposits are. The fat did not grow in a uniform pattern. It looks worse than if she had not had it done. It has been eleven years for her.
    my younger sister had it done ten years ago. and the same for her at around year five she gained weight fast. but my younger sister developed a staph infection when she had her lipo. and she still has complications from it 11 years later.

tcw
    Damm...that Sucks!

QUESTION: What happens if you get more Fat Cells Removed through Lipo and ....remove all the "Visible" fat?

Where will the Fat be stored then?

Quote Originally Posted by kaju View Post
    My two sisters had lipo
    both of them regret it.
    It has been ten years since and I understand they have made
    Last edited by tcw; 09-08-2009 at 11:37 PM.

Damm...that Sucks!

QUESTION: What happens if you get more Fat Cells Removed through Lipo and ....remove all the "Visible" fat?

Where will the Fat be stored then?
    The fat cells divide and make new ones.

tcw
    Well if that's true...then what happened to KAJU's Sisters (in the thread above?

Why did the excess weight show up as lumpy un-uniform fat deposits?

Quote Originally Posted by kaju View Post
    The fat cells divide and make new ones.

Well if that's true...then what happened to KAJU's Sisters (in the thread above?

Why did the excess weight show up as lumpy un-uniform fat deposits?
    When the doc goes in and sucks out the fat he does not get every single fat cell. so the ones that were left will grow first. so those will be the ones you see first.

Thread Information