ponderosa is offline New Member

Long term test HRT therapy and competing

Hello to everyone. I'm a 50 yo guy who's been competing on the natural side of bodybuilding for many years and winning once in a while too. But finally, low test scores 384 have made me see the light to join the other side and am very happy to do so too.

I have all the usual traits of low test readings but still motivate myself in the gym but can't deny being 50, so long term HRT with testosterone cypionate seems like a logical choice.

But, what if a weekly dose of 100 mgs of test cyp works well to boost my test levels under normal conditions and then at about 12 weeks from a show boost the dosage to say, 300 mgs. Once the show is completed would it be wise to slowly reduce the test dosage till I'm back to the initial dose of 100 mgs?

I presume the anti-aging clinics would not support that form of dosage?

I've not seen any posts from men who need HRT but still want to go back on stage

Thanks in advance

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome!

renjr70 is offline Junior Member
    I would think your probably going to have to supplement your dosage on your own for those situations when you want to cycle a larger dose. I would'nt think you"ll find an anti aging clinic to support that

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Agreed with renjr,

Cruising on HRT and blasting on your own gear is pretty common, you need to get familiar with your clinic and how frequently it tests since if they test you while blasting they will not be happy with you...Kinda like getting vicoden for a bad back and doing oxycontin on the weekend :-)

You should get blood work done before you start as a baseline. First, you can tell where you are on the test scale. If you're really low, 100mg/wk might not be enough. You might want to get another test after your show to make sure you test levels are back in the normal range. If you're not going to PCT I'm assuming you're ok with being shut down permanently. I'm also 50 but I'm a little concerned about not producing any natural test so I PCT after every cycle. So far, so good. You might want to look into AI if you're going to cruise/blast. If you're prone to gyno it might not be a good thing to be posing on stage with moobs.

ponderosa is offline New Member
    Thank you all for your input. I've been on HRT for 7 weeks now at 400 mgs of Test Cyp a week. This is taken along with Decca, Anastrozole and HCG . Granted this is not just an HRT program but more along the lines of a training program with a helluva sex drive thrown in for good measure. In the 7 weeks I've gained close to 20 pounds but its evenly distributed and some of it may be the rebound in weight from my last natural show. Anyway, I've never felt better and my wife barely gets any sleep but she doesn't care, just struts along with a smirk on her face. But in short order new blood work should be done to get a baseline reaction to 400 mgs of Test Cyp.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Come on over to the HRT forum and chime in and join the family!

LeanGreenMachine is offline Junior Member
    Great advice here... I have been cruising on HRT for a while now and just started a bulking cycle of my own gear - 500mg Test C EW + 2IU HGH 2x ED + GH peptides 2x ED. I will do a 12 week cycle then just go back to cruising on the HRT dose for a few months. A lot of guys on HRT "blast and cruise".

Thread Information